2018 TC250

Slosh 112
Edited Date/Time 3/4/2018 10:12am
Picked up my 18 Husky TC250 on Friday, its a pretty clean looking bike in standard trim but white rear fenders are way too hard to keep clean with chain lube flicking up all the time. I had some parts waiting for it at the dealer ship so after I gave it the mandatory ride up and down the street it was straight onto the hoist to get some work done.

So I put all new plastics straight on it mainly to preserve the original ones for resale later on, Mostly used Acerbis stuff except for a UFO front stadium plate. Also got a black Acerbis plastic skid plate, Faast Co rear brake return spring kit, Factory Effex RS1 seat cover and black Pro Taper bar pad. This is my first Euro bike so I spent a lot of time just looking at stuff, I love the quality of it but thats not to say Jap bikes aren't quality this just feels nice, billet triple clamps, hydro clutch & braided lines and an hour meter all of which is stuff I bought extra on previous bikes.

New for 2018 is a map switch.

|
Slosh 112
8/28/2017 10:54pm
So I took it out to the inlwas property for its first ride, no jumps or anything just around the headlands of the hay paddocks and around the trail we have there, there are two gnarly hillclimbs but I didn't go up those. Ive had a pretty bad flu since friday night and I really shouldn't have been riding when I could hardly stand up but hey, as if I'm going to lay down all day when I've got a shiny new bike in the shed calling my name. Turns out its probably a good thing seeing as if you were to follow the manual to the letter its not supposed to see full throttle until after 3 hours run time, But I didn't have the strength anyway to give it any more than one quick full throttle blast down a nice straight (don't tell Mr HusqvarnaWhistlingTongue )...

Cant really give you a ride report because after I washed it and loaded it onto the trailer I pretty much fell in a heap haha but my first impression was holy F@#*k this thing goes, and like I said I was going easy on it, I also left it in the soft ignition map mainly because I forgot it had a map switch and I was struggling to hold on as it was. Jetting seemed pretty crisp but that will become clearer after she frees up and I start giving it full herbs, and yes I was running 60:1 which is what the manual calls for, using Bel Ray H1R.

I have a quick video but I can't figure out how to load it on without getting it on youtube first. but heres some more pics, Graphics will be on order when I get paid this afternoon, also thinking about a full Pro Circuit system and some sprockets...

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
8/29/2017 6:54am
Congrats on the new ride. Those are super sexy bikes. What a heavy looking trailer you have, I like it!
K-dubbb
8/29/2017 11:16am
Congrats slosh! That thing is so sick!

I'm with you on all the fine details, first night I had mine I just stared and drank beer and picked at it. That being said, I now love the oem parts and I'll be keeping mine as oem as possible - I looked at the catologue too and the genuine parts are fairly priced.......

It's no suzuki but I'm sure you're gonna be very impressed and super excited to ride it over and over. Let us know and get well soon dude!

The Shop

Slosh 112
8/30/2017 4:39am
K-dubbb wrote:
Congrats slosh! That thing is so sick! I'm with you on all the fine details, first night I had mine I just stared and drank beer...
Congrats slosh! That thing is so sick!

I'm with you on all the fine details, first night I had mine I just stared and drank beer and picked at it. That being said, I now love the oem parts and I'll be keeping mine as oem as possible - I looked at the catologue too and the genuine parts are fairly priced.......

It's no suzuki but I'm sure you're gonna be very impressed and super excited to ride it over and over. Let us know and get well soon dude!
Cheers mate! i can't wait to give it hard time properly and see what its got! Fine details are on another level, torque settings for the triple claimp botls are CNC'd into the top faces of the clamps.

Another thing thats new for 2018 is the air pump for the forks is included rather than an extra. Its a pretty handy little unit actually, can change between 4 different measurement references and has no lower pressure limit, bargain. I also noticed that Husqvarna throw in Handguards with it, again thats something you dont get with a jap bike. They are held on through the lever pivot bolt which to me is the best way to attach them, not having an extra set of clamps taking up space on your bars just for hand guards. KTM/Husky have thought things out well and I love it.

The only thing I don't love is the Black rims and I'm tossing up whether or not to get a another set, I'm thinking Blue like my RM or gold...
Slosh 112
8/30/2017 4:41am
imoto34 wrote:
Congrats on the new ride. Those are super sexy bikes. What a heavy looking trailer you have, I like it!
Cheers mate. That Trailer has done some hard yards! Carrying a dirt bike around is like its retirement package haha.
Spydee
8/31/2017 8:15am
Saw your videos on Instagram a couple of days ago and was mesmerized by your new ride, looks fantastic!

But what have I missed here - K-dubb has a husky too, so is that the next step after we finished building our RM's, cause I seemed to have missed the memo GrinningGrinning
K-dubbb
8/31/2017 9:20am
Spydee wrote:
Saw your videos on Instagram a couple of days ago and was mesmerized by your new ride, looks fantastic! But what have I missed here -...
Saw your videos on Instagram a couple of days ago and was mesmerized by your new ride, looks fantastic!

But what have I missed here - K-dubb has a husky too, so is that the next step after we finished building our RM's, cause I seemed to have missed the memo GrinningGrinning
Slosh - will have to agree the hand guards are a nice touch and their design is actually the best out there in my opinion - not only do traditional ones take up bar space, but you drop your bike and snap,poof,bye,gone handguard mount! The husky ones just fold in - and the party continues!

Spydee - I sent out the memo via message in a bottle, landed in Australia - Slosh mixed his gas with it instead of forwarding it to GBR haha Grinning

Slosh 112
9/1/2017 12:52am
Spydee wrote:
Saw your videos on Instagram a couple of days ago and was mesmerized by your new ride, looks fantastic! But what have I missed here -...

K-dubbb wrote:
Slosh - will have to agree the hand guards are a nice touch and their design is actually the best out there in my opinion -...
Slosh - will have to agree the hand guards are a nice touch and their design is actually the best out there in my opinion - not only do traditional ones take up bar space, but you drop your bike and snap,poof,bye,gone handguard mount! The husky ones just fold in - and the party continues!

Spydee - I sent out the memo via message in a bottle, landed in Australia - Slosh mixed his gas with it instead of forwarding it to GBR haha Grinning

HAHAHAAAA message in a bottle! Man I Laughed when I read that! I haven't sold my 125, she's just waiting for a new frame.

Cheers Grant! I can't wait till I can take it out for another ride, isn't looking like I'll be able to this weekend, I'm working Saturday and the Beach races are on Sunday, the boss has got his Turbo Husky FC500 up from down south to take on the CR500 boys and I can't miss that! Hopefully he can get it running hard and blow everyone away, By the way it made 110HP on the dyno...
FTB
9/1/2017 2:37pm
Slosh 112 wrote:
HAHAHAAAA message in a bottle! Man I Laughed when I read that! I haven't sold my 125, she's just waiting for a new frame. Cheers Grant...
HAHAHAAAA message in a bottle! Man I Laughed when I read that! I haven't sold my 125, she's just waiting for a new frame.

Cheers Grant! I can't wait till I can take it out for another ride, isn't looking like I'll be able to this weekend, I'm working Saturday and the Beach races are on Sunday, the boss has got his Turbo Husky FC500 up from down south to take on the CR500 boys and I can't miss that! Hopefully he can get it running hard and blow everyone away, By the way it made 110HP on the dyno...
I've been following those beach races. Did you see the 200HP CR 500 Huh
Slosh 112
9/1/2017 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 7:57pm
lumpy790 wrote:
Really LIKE the black & white!
Cheers mate she will look bangin when the graphics go on. still contemplating silver rims but we will see haha.

I have a Pro Circuit works pipe and R304 shorty on the way but the expansion chamber is on back order, 8 weeks from the states apparently, Also ordered a V-Force 4 reed cage and some motion pro tools for working on the suspension.
Slosh 112
9/1/2017 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/1/2017 7:53pm
FTB wrote:
I've been following those beach races. Did you see the 200HP CR 500 Huh
Yeah I have seen it, that bike came second to a Husaberg 650 last year, its 200hp on a bottle and its probably closer to a 640cc, Billet cases and some big money. Theres another one running twin carbs and a wild reed cage setup. Most of the wild two strokes don't make it to the race, usually pop during testing the week before...
alexk417
9/5/2017 7:18am
Slosh - Do you know if the 2018 Map switch plug's into where the 17's you disconnect the wiring for different feel?

I have a 2017 TC250 and at some point would like to add the 18 OEM switch if it will plug in.
Slosh 112
9/6/2017 4:05am
alexk417 wrote:
Slosh - Do you know if the 2018 Map switch plug's into where the 17's you disconnect the wiring for different feel? I have a 2017...
Slosh - Do you know if the 2018 Map switch plug's into where the 17's you disconnect the wiring for different feel?

I have a 2017 TC250 and at some point would like to add the 18 OEM switch if it will plug in.
I can have a look for you in a few days and see where it runs. I'm moving house at the moment is all.
K-dubbb
9/6/2017 5:12am
alexk417 wrote:
Slosh - Do you know if the 2018 Map switch plug's into where the 17's you disconnect the wiring for different feel? I have a 2017...

My brother has a 17' TX 300 which also lacks the map switch.......the dealer advised him that he could simply plug the switch in to the current outlet for Map plug ins....
Slosh 112
9/25/2017 3:59am
Hey Slosh you ever get the graphics on your bike man? I'm curious as to how it turned out
Sure did got them sorted out last Thursday and took the pics on Saturday. Still waiting for the Pro Circuit Works pipe, V-Force 4 and maybe gold rims.

My little tributes to Nicky Hayden on the front number plate and rear fender.

Lynch
9/25/2017 6:22am
Best looking Husky I have seen Woohoo
alexk417
9/25/2017 7:11am
Is there a sharp bend in the front brake line up by the master cylinder? Maybe the cable accidentally got tucked under where the plate mounts to the top clamp.
FTB
9/25/2017 3:37pm
Gold rims?
If you go Gold rims you'll need a VHM head, gold Talon sprocket and Pro-Taper profile pro levers Tongue

I like the graphics Cool . What does it say next to the 69 on the front plate? Sorry, I can't make it out.
at687
9/25/2017 11:31pm
Great looking bike! I need to get me a tc250 to match my fc450! Selling my yz250 2 stroke for the new t.v.

Who did the graphics?
Slosh 112
9/26/2017 3:58am
alexk417 wrote:
Is there a sharp bend in the front brake line up by the master cylinder? Maybe the cable accidentally got tucked under where the plate mounts...
Is there a sharp bend in the front brake line up by the master cylinder? Maybe the cable accidentally got tucked under where the plate mounts to the top clamp.
No I checked it. It's the way they are.
Slosh 112
9/26/2017 4:02am
FTB wrote:
Gold rims? If you go Gold rims you'll need a VHM head, gold Talon sprocket and Pro-Taper profile pro levers :P I like the graphics B)...
Gold rims?
If you go Gold rims you'll need a VHM head, gold Talon sprocket and Pro-Taper profile pro levers Tongue

I like the graphics Cool . What does it say next to the 69 on the front plate? Sorry, I can't make it out.
Haha where does the gold stop!

It says Ride in Peace Nicky. He is one of my favourite riders and it's sad that I'll never get the chance to see him ride or get him to sign the the model bikes I have of his. One of the good guys!
Slosh 112
9/26/2017 4:05am
at687 wrote:
Great looking bike! I need to get me a tc250 to match my fc450! Selling my yz250 2 stroke for the new t.v. Who did the...
Great looking bike! I need to get me a tc250 to match my fc450! Selling my yz250 2 stroke for the new t.v.

Who did the graphics?
I did the graphics myself using Motocal. If you are creative it's hard to stay off it, I've already got the next set of graphics half way done for a whole new look.
sdhuskyrider
10/31/2017 8:40am
Sweet looking ride! I just picked up a 17' last week and I love it! What are the jetting specs on the 18' from the factory? Wondering if they are any better than the 17' specs.
opyguy
11/1/2017 8:07am
Sweet looking ride! I just picked up a 17' last week and I love it! What are the jetting specs on the 18' from the factory...
Sweet looking ride! I just picked up a 17' last week and I love it! What are the jetting specs on the 18' from the factory? Wondering if they are any better than the 17' specs.
I checked w/dealer, jetting stayed same in 18

Post a reply to: 2018 TC250

The Latest