Not really a build thread , but finished my 18' TC 250 today.

jeffro503
5/14/2019 9:08pm
jmc2 wrote:
Good looking scooter there, well done on the modifications! Best looking Husky I have seen.
Thanks brother! I just couldn't get myself to change the actual stock look of her. I dig the looks of the stock trim , and besides , out of doing anything on a bike , I really , really suck at putting graphics on haha! I'd rather rip her down to the bare frame , then put a damn shroud graphic on!
AJ565
5/15/2019 11:17am
On the power valve, turn it all the way out and then back in 1 3/4 turns with the stock spring and ride it before you go changing out things. That seems about the prime spot for me and helped some on the top end.
jeffro503
5/17/2019 8:27pm
AJ565 wrote:
On the power valve, turn it all the way out and then back in 1 3/4 turns with the stock spring and ride it before you...
On the power valve, turn it all the way out and then back in 1 3/4 turns with the stock spring and ride it before you go changing out things. That seems about the prime spot for me and helped some on the top end.
AJ , thanks for this! I will most definitely play around with that power valve my next ride out. I'll get one more day on it for just jetting and PV adjustment , and then I think I may slap in the STIC in the PWK 38 and see what it's like as well. Just for curiosity sake.
Slosh 112
5/20/2019 6:12am
Nice! i just posted a belated build thread for my own 18 TC250 and here I see another haha! Have you cut out the battery tray in the airbox? I haven't yet.

The Shop

jeffro503
6/1/2019 12:22am
So I ended up removing the STIC metering block from 125 pwk 36mm carb and installed it into the 250 pwk 38mm carb today. Going to test ride tomorrow and report back. Not sure exactly what to expect yet , but from the stuff I've read , it may help me find some of the over-rev I'm looking for. I know on the 125 , it made a huge difference , so I'm hoping for some positive results.

jeffro503
6/1/2019 12:32am
Slosh 112 wrote:
Nice! i just posted a belated build thread for my own 18 TC250 and here I see another haha! Have you cut out the battery tray...
Nice! i just posted a belated build thread for my own 18 TC250 and here I see another haha! Have you cut out the battery tray in the airbox? I haven't yet.
Yes sir , I saw that and you made that Husky look really good!
jeffro503
6/2/2019 7:33am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2019 7:34am
6-1-2019 ride report.

Headed out to Mtn View MX to test out this new FC suspension and the STIC metering block on the 250. Got unloaded , turned the gas on....stuck float , dumping fuel every where....God damn it!

I haven't been able to pop the bowl off this carb on the 250 ( or the 125 ) for that matter with the sub-frame on. Frustrating , but I pulled it all off , got the float working properly.

Settings....
JD Jetting blue needle
195 MJ / 52 PJ
Air screw ended up being 2 turns out.

Initial start up on the stand I could tell it had more bark to it right off the bat. Once out on the track I quickly found out that the STIC not only gained power on the bottom and mid , but also gave me most all the over-rev I was missing. This bike pulls extremely hard and smooth! I then played around with the PV adjustment and ended up with about a 1-3/4 turn in , from all the way out......even better!

The STIC is definitely staying in the 250 , and it not only met expectation's , but surpassed them. I still have some setup to do on the suspension , but made gains on that as well to make it feel balanced. The only thought running through my head while riding was " Shit.....did I make this thing faster than what I wanted? " I definitely need seat time on this thing. It wears me out faster then the 125 by quite a ways , but a lot of that I think has to do with riding tight and being a little intimidated from being on a 125 for 2 years.

Overall......Super impressed with the STIC and am ordering another one as soon as I hear back from Derek , so I can get one installed back into the 125. Very impressed with the TC 250 overall as well , except for the damn sub-frame removal ( it's very tight and a pain in the ass! ). Next Wednesday at Albany , and next Saturday at Washougal should be fun!
Wade221
6/2/2019 8:36am
jeffro503 wrote:
6-1-2019 ride report. Headed out to Mtn View MX to test out this new FC suspension and the STIC metering block on the 250. Got unloaded...
6-1-2019 ride report.

Headed out to Mtn View MX to test out this new FC suspension and the STIC metering block on the 250. Got unloaded , turned the gas on....stuck float , dumping fuel every where....God damn it!

I haven't been able to pop the bowl off this carb on the 250 ( or the 125 ) for that matter with the sub-frame on. Frustrating , but I pulled it all off , got the float working properly.

Settings....
JD Jetting blue needle
195 MJ / 52 PJ

Initial start up on the stand I could tell it had more bark to it right off the bat. Once out on the track I quickly found out that the STIC not only gained power on the bottom and mid , but also gave me most all the over-rev I was missing. This bike pulls extremely hard and smooth! I then played around with the PV adjustment and ended up with about a 1-3/4 turn in , from all the way out......even better!

The STIC is definitely staying in the 250 , and it not only met expectation's , but surpassed them. I still have some setup to do on the suspension , but made gains on that as well to make it feel balanced. The only thought running through my head while riding was " Shit.....did I make this thing faster than what I wanted? " I definitely need seat time on this thing. It wears me out faster then the 125 by quite a ways , but a lot of that I think has to do with riding tight and being a little intimidated from being on a 125 for 2 years.

Overall......Super impressed with the STIC and am ordering another one as soon as I hear back from Derek , so I can get one installed back into the 125. Very impressed with the TC 250 overall as well , except for the damn sub-frame removal ( it's very tight and a pain in the ass! ). Next Wednesday at Albany , and next Saturday at Washougal should be fun!
Good stuff, Jeff! Glad you’re getting it sorted. Now in that “fine tuning” zone. Need to head North and rip the Ridge with us soon👍🏻
LumpDog841
6/3/2019 4:00am
jeffro503 wrote:
6-1-2019 ride report. Headed out to Mtn View MX to test out this new FC suspension and the STIC metering block on the 250. Got unloaded...
6-1-2019 ride report.

Settings....
JD Jetting blue needle
195 MJ / 52 PJ

Thanks, I've been waiting on this ride report. Going to order one for myself this week.
jeffro503
6/3/2019 9:03am
LumpDog841 wrote:
Thanks, I've been waiting on this ride report. Going to order one for myself this week.
Right on man , I just did the same. Ordered up a new one and hopefully get it this week to slap into the 125 for next weekend.
6/3/2019 11:00am
Awesome job, Jeff! I'd only recommend that you select maybe 70 or so stickers and cover the bike with them.

NOT!!!!!
jeffro503
6/3/2019 1:35pm
Wade221 wrote:
Good stuff, Jeff! Glad you’re getting it sorted. Now in that “fine tuning” zone. Need to head North and rip the Ridge with us soon👍🏻
Damn , just saw your post Wade! yeah , I know I need to get my ass up there and check that place out. I've got quite few visit's to Washougal over the next month , and some other shit going on , but if I don't make it up there soon , I will some time later this summer. You planning on some Washougal practice days? The OTMX round on July 6-7th?
jeffro503
6/3/2019 1:36pm
Awesome job, Jeff! I'd only recommend that you select maybe 70 or so stickers and cover the bike with them.

NOT!!!!!
Haha....you scared me there for a second Harry! Yep....leaving them with the plain Jane look.
jeffro503
6/9/2019 3:06pm
6-9-2019 Ride report :

Made a couple small changes to the jetting today and it made a pretty big difference.

It was 195 MJ , 52 PJ and JD blue needle clip #3

Changed to 195 MJ , 50 PJ and richened the needle 1 clip ( Now 4th down from the top )

Mix is now 40:1 927 at 50/50 VP 110 and Clean fuel.

My one day ride experience on this thing , tells me that I may have made this thing too fast for myself. The mods I've made along with running the STIC in the PWK , this bike is so much faster than stock now that it's almost stupid. I would say I gained a good 600+ RPM on my over-rev , and the bottom and mid-range hit so hard now , that I'm purchasing a fly wheel weight for it. Either 10oz - 12oz.

Happy that this bike came alive , but a little bummed at myself for having problem's trying to hold onto it and ride it correctly. It seriously feels like a damn open bike after riding a 125 for 2 years. The 125 helped me on the whole 2 stroke thing , but this dang 250 is going to take some getting used to. No more mods!.....Just seat time now ( I think ).

opyguy
6/10/2019 11:31am
i have a steahly 11oz $60 shipped if you are interested.
jeffro503
6/10/2019 6:14pm
opyguy wrote:
i have a steahly 11oz $60 shipped if you are interested.
Thanks Opy! But the last thing I did last night before I went to bed , was ordered up a 9oz Stealthy. It should be here Wednesday and I'll try it out this next weekend.
Whymee
6/18/2019 1:01pm
Jeff,

My bike (18 TC250) is just like yours...

So I am going on the assumption that you have a map switch. I have not seen a post anywhere that has commented on it. Even MXA said nothing about it, which I find odd.

I haven't played with mine (.6 hr.). Right now no time to ride. Have you tried yours out?
Bruce372
6/18/2019 1:18pm
2018 tc125, sx150... neither have map switch, both have map connector under the tank
Bruce372
6/18/2019 1:26pm
2018 tc125, sx150... neither have map switch, both have map connector under the tank
raynet27
6/18/2019 6:56pm
Such a stunning bike you got there. Excellent choice.
jeffro503
6/18/2019 11:57pm
Whymee wrote:
Jeff, My bike (18 TC250) is just like yours... So I am going on the assumption that you have a map switch. I have not seen...
Jeff,

My bike (18 TC250) is just like yours...

So I am going on the assumption that you have a map switch. I have not seen a post anywhere that has commented on it. Even MXA said nothing about it, which I find odd.

I haven't played with mine (.6 hr.). Right now no time to ride. Have you tried yours out?
Hey Whymee , no I haven't. Basically I just keep forgetting to use it. I do have to say , even after me trying to mellow this bike out a bit , I'm removing the STIC before this next weekend's ride. It would be fine to just go out and play ride I guess , on some good , nice deep soil. But for me I'm having a problem holding on to this thing. I have fine tuned the jetting and got this thing running so strong now it's almost unrideable. It's put me in a weird spot , since in stock trim it was super mellow with very little over-rev. I searched on how to make the bike pull a little harder and gain some over-rev.......and I got more than I bargained for. I will try and remember to try that switch this weekend.
jeffro503
6/18/2019 11:58pm
raynet27 wrote:
Such a stunning bike you got there. Excellent choice.
Thanks man!
Turbojez
6/19/2019 2:57am
Beautiful bike Jeffbro! Now it only needs some sick spoke skinzzz Grinning
Seriously, flawless machine man.
I absolutely love the look of this generation of Husky's. Not sure who is responsible for styling of the last gen, but I sure hope his ass got fired.

Post a reply to: Not really a build thread , but finished my 18' TC 250 today.

The Latest