Possible 2006 Subway Honda 450 Find

Aggie15
Edited Date/Time 10/26/2020 6:13pm
Hey guys, wanted to get the opinion of the build forum. I've been looking for a "frame up" project and stumbled on this 2006 CRF450R. From the looks of it this could be one of the Subway Honda team bikes from 2006.

About all I've gotten from the owner is that it was raced before he got it roughly 10 years ago, it runs well, and the motor is built and runs off race gas. He's out of town until the 3rd so I haven't been able to get much more information and no other pictures.

From the pictures it looks like it's got the AMA inspection sticker on the headtube, the seatcover and airbox and fork guard graphics look like the '06 Subway bikes, and a lot of the accessories are the same; Carbon fiber skid plate, chain guide, rear disc guard, and engine guards. Anodized engine plugs and axle blocks. Even the Tokyo Mods stuff, brake rotors, triple clamps, hubs, and pipe. To me it looks like it almost has to be a Subway bike, but I'm always skeptical. I'll throw in the pictures I've been comparing.

What do ya'll think? Is there any way this isn't a Subway bike? Would it be worth restoring or is the hassle of an older built 450 just to much? Is it worth a two hour drive to go check it out, and if it is would there be anything specific to look for to positively ID it?

I know I've drug this post out but I'm pumped at the possibility of saving a bike like this! Thanks ahead of time!

Pictures of the bike:

The best pictures I've found of the team bikes for comparison:

|
lcgordon711
2/23/2018 12:59pm
Always liked the subway bikes as a kid. I had custom subway graphics on one of my yamahas actually.
bestmx
2/23/2018 3:12pm
With the pictures you've found, I think you've definitely found a subway bike.

Don't think it'd take too much to restore it to its former glory and would be a pretty awesome build if you went for it.
2/23/2018 4:45pm
I have a Subway Honda lunch box tin I got from Joe Oehlhof back in the day. This was when they had the white CRF
Frank
2/23/2018 5:02pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2018 1:15am
I have a Subway Honda lunch box tin I got from Joe Oehlhof back in the day. This was when they had the white CRF
Thats cool.

The Shop

Aggie15
2/24/2018 2:14pm
bestmx wrote:
With the pictures you've found, I think you've definitely found a subway bike. Don't think it'd take too much to restore it to its former glory...
With the pictures you've found, I think you've definitely found a subway bike.

Don't think it'd take too much to restore it to its former glory and would be a pretty awesome build if you went for it.
That's what I'm thinking! I'll keep this updated with what I find out.
Aggie15
2/24/2018 2:17pm
SLOWTIME wrote:
What #'s are on the hubs?
I've tried pulling some NCIS stuff and zooming in on it but it's too blurry. The owner is out of town so I'm kind of having to wait on him getting back. Now that you mention it that'd probably be a good clue. If they never went through the trouble of changing out the other small graphics they probably didn't mess with those.
10/24/2020 7:31pm
SLOWTIME wrote:
What #'s are on the hubs?
Aggie15 wrote:
I've tried pulling some NCIS stuff and zooming in on it but it's too blurry. The owner is out of town so I'm kind of having...
I've tried pulling some NCIS stuff and zooming in on it but it's too blurry. The owner is out of town so I'm kind of having to wait on him getting back. Now that you mention it that'd probably be a good clue. If they never went through the trouble of changing out the other small graphics they probably didn't mess with those.
Did you end up getting the bike?

Post a reply to: Possible 2006 Subway Honda 450 Find

The Latest