WP Cone Valve 48 Forks and Trax Shock

hollifield
12/1/2018 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2019 4:00pm
Selling complete suspension set, which came off my 2015 Honda CRF450. Suspension was originally purchased from WP North America in 2016. There are only 3 hours on suspension since last serviced and only about 25 hours on suspension since new. As you can see this set is in really good condition. I'll sell the set for $4,000 plus shipping. Set up for Vet/B 165 lbs.

|
hollifield
12/5/2018 2:05am
I'll reduce price to $3,500...
WDSRCR
12/5/2018 7:10am
Wish this was for my KTM!

Good luck with sale!
hollifield
2/9/2019 7:28am
OK, need to move this suspension set. I'll reduce to 3K for both forks and shock.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
2/9/2019 8:25am
hollifield wrote:
OK, need to move this suspension set. I'll reduce to 3K for both forks and shock.
That’s a great price. Someone will get a deal on great suspension

The Shop

DJV804
2/10/2019 3:33pm
Confused on the shock...looks like a stock shock, not trax. More info please.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
2/10/2019 5:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 5:36pm
DJV804 wrote:
Looks like a stock shock ? Not sure what you are comparing it to, but
It’s 100% a WP Trax shock. Great price on it too

What info you looking for ?
DJV804
2/10/2019 5:36pm
DJV804 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Looks like a stock shock ? Not sure what you are comparing it to, but It’s 100% a WP Trax shock. Great price on it too...

I guess I've just never seen one that doesn't have the dual adjusters. I'm not calling anyone a liar, just never seen a Trax shock like that and was curious. No need to get defensive.
BurtbaC
2/10/2019 7:33pm
hollifield wrote:
langhammx wrote:
That’s a great price. Someone will get a deal on great suspension
Lang, pretty much you and Joe C are the KTM guru's of Vital; will the forks work on a KTM? I assume the shock would not.

Specifically a 2017 KTM 250 SX-F.
mxdevon
2/10/2019 7:58pm
I'm interested. And have the bike for these to fit. OP give us some cliff notes on performance. I've run almost every kit setup on late model Honda.....except CV/trax. So naturally my curiosity may get the best of me on this one. Sell me.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
2/10/2019 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 8:40pm
DJV804 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
Looks like a stock shock ? Not sure what you are comparing it to, but It’s 100% a WP Trax shock. Great price on it too...

DJV804 wrote:
I guess I've just never seen one that doesn't have the dual adjusters. I'm not calling anyone a liar, just never seen a Trax shock like...
I guess I've just never seen one that doesn't have the dual adjusters. I'm not calling anyone a liar, just never seen a Trax shock like that and was curious. No need to get defensive.
I’m not getting defensive, it’s not even my shock. But you said it looks like a stock shock... (What stock shock?) it’s clearly a TRAX shock if you know anything about them. The KTM TRAX are different from the Honda shocks. A simple google “Honda WP TRAX Shock” would’ve shown additional pictures of it.

Here’s another one for sale, if you are still unsure

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/WP-Trax-Shock-fro-HONDA-CRF250R-14-17-and-CRF45…

What info are you looking to get about it, he posted all the info one could want ?
DJV804
2/10/2019 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 8:53pm
langhammx wrote:

DJV804 wrote:
I guess I've just never seen one that doesn't have the dual adjusters. I'm not calling anyone a liar, just never seen a Trax shock like...
langhammx wrote:
I’m not getting defensive, it’s not even my shock. But you said it looks like a stock shock... (What stock shock?) it’s clearly a TRAX shock...
I’m not getting defensive, it’s not even my shock. But you said it looks like a stock shock... (What stock shock?) it’s clearly a TRAX shock if you know anything about them. The KTM TRAX are different from the Honda shocks. A simple google “Honda WP TRAX Shock” would’ve shown additional pictures of it.

Here’s another one for sale, if you are still unsure

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/WP-Trax-Shock-fro-HONDA-CRF250R-14-17-and-CRF45…

What info are you looking to get about it, he posted all the info one could want ?
None anymore. I just hadn't seen one without dual adjusters before. Not looking for anymore info. I thought maybe somehow he had one modified to be like a trax system or something.
hollifield
2/11/2019 4:00pm
mxdevon wrote:
I'm interested. And have the bike for these to fit. OP give us some cliff notes on performance. I've run almost every kit setup on late...
I'm interested. And have the bike for these to fit. OP give us some cliff notes on performance. I've run almost every kit setup on late model Honda.....except CV/trax. So naturally my curiosity may get the best of me on this one. Sell me.
Well not sure exactly what you want to know but I tell you what my thoughts are in a nutshell. With this setup the bike became very predicable! No weird twitching or kicks. I never had even the slightest odd/weird feeling from this suspension. Very confidence inspiring to ride harder and faster! Forks are plush but with excellent bottoming resistance. Back end hooks up like no other bike I've ever had. I would also recommend raking the front out to 22mm, stock clamp is 20mm. I used the Xtrig clamp to accomplish this. However, no need for a link on the shock. I'm now on a 2019 Honda 450 Work Edition and struggling to get the feeling like I had with this suspension setup on old bike. Hope this helps.
mxdevon
2/11/2019 7:18pm
hollifield wrote:
Well not sure exactly what you want to know but I tell you what my thoughts are in a nutshell. With this setup the bike became...
Well not sure exactly what you want to know but I tell you what my thoughts are in a nutshell. With this setup the bike became very predicable! No weird twitching or kicks. I never had even the slightest odd/weird feeling from this suspension. Very confidence inspiring to ride harder and faster! Forks are plush but with excellent bottoming resistance. Back end hooks up like no other bike I've ever had. I would also recommend raking the front out to 22mm, stock clamp is 20mm. I used the Xtrig clamp to accomplish this. However, no need for a link on the shock. I'm now on a 2019 Honda 450 Work Edition and struggling to get the feeling like I had with this suspension setup on old bike. Hope this helps.
Thank you. That's what I wanted to know. I'll PM you my number. Give me a call at your convenience.

Post a reply to: WP Cone Valve 48 Forks and Trax Shock

The Latest