What are my stock 2018 Forks and shock worth?

Jharper
3/26/2018 7:36am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2018 1:08pm
Guys, I ordered Ohlins suspension for my 2018 CRF 450 and I'm considering selling the stock stuff to recoup some of my money. I'm curious what they are worth if anyone has any idea? I know you can bolt them up to older CRFs so there might be a market for the 13-15 crf guys that hate the air stuff. These components have 6 hours on them currently and still look new. The forks have the flo motorsports shrink tube wrapping over them to protect them.

I have attached a picture of the bike, as I haven't taken it apart yet.

~Jesse

|
Giygas
Fantasy
1349th
3/26/2018 12:07pm
I’d kill if there were a way to get that Showa suspension set up on my FC450. I love the new CRFs stock stuff.
macz400
3/26/2018 12:17pm
PM sent
Jharper
3/26/2018 12:55pm
Giygas wrote:
I’d kill if there were a way to get that Showa suspension set up on my FC450. I love the new CRFs stock stuff.
I wonder if the bottoms are swappable. People do that with A kits from what I have read.

Jharper
3/26/2018 12:56pm
macz400 wrote:
PM sent
I replied, but I hate the messenger on here because I only see the messages if I happen to check my yahoo email.
If you want to message me on instagram it's @JHFMX or you can just call me at 770 855 4106.

The Shop

Giygas
Fantasy
1349th
3/26/2018 1:04pm
Jharper wrote:
I wonder if the bottoms are swappable. People do that with A kits from what I have read.

One would think. I’ll holler at my suspension guy and see what he says. I don’t know that much about it.
dmm698
3/26/2018 2:16pm
Jharper wrote:

Giygas wrote:
One would think. I’ll holler at my suspension guy and see what he says. I don’t know that much about it.
The lugs come off the tubes on just about every fork out there. Weather the thread pitch is the same between KYB/Showa/WP/Ohlins, I do not know.

Most of the time with stock stuff a lot of shops dont want to even bother removing the lugs from the tubes. Takes a TON of heat, patience, and I wouldnt touch off on them without a mill. Pretty sure my a kit has a set screw in it, where as stock production stuff has a dimple punched into the tube to keep it from unthreading. I think this is why its less common on production stuff to swap lugs, although its do-able.
xr70
3/26/2018 3:27pm
Jharper wrote:
Guys, I ordered Ohlins suspension for my 2018 CRF 450 and I'm considering selling the stock stuff to recoup some of my money. I'm curious what...
Guys, I ordered Ohlins suspension for my 2018 CRF 450 and I'm considering selling the stock stuff to recoup some of my money. I'm curious what they are worth if anyone has any idea? I know you can bolt them up to older CRFs so there might be a market for the 13-15 crf guys that hate the air stuff. These components have 6 hours on them currently and still look new. The forks have the flo motorsports shrink tube wrapping over them to protect them.

I have attached a picture of the bike, as I haven't taken it apart yet.

~Jesse

I hope u won't be disappointed with the ohlins but the stock forks are better than ohlins for sure and the shock is right there with the ohlins. Waist of $ to go with aftermarket suspension on this bike !
cmotodad
3/26/2018 8:26pm
The stock CRF forks are basically Showa Akit without the coatings. Not quite as good but with the right tuner equally as comfortable. Again the shock is more than adequate when tuned properly. Good Luck with your finished product
Bennett59
3/29/2018 10:40pm
I sold a set off a 17 for $1,500 for a quick sell
fpandjic
3/30/2018 4:07am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2018 4:08am
xr70 wrote:
I hope u won't be disappointed with the ohlins but the stock forks are better than ohlins for sure and the shock is right there with...
I hope u won't be disappointed with the ohlins but the stock forks are better than ohlins for sure and the shock is right there with the ohlins. Waist of $ to go with aftermarket suspension on this bike !
I guess you have never rode with Ohlins, or if you did, than you had absolutely wrong settings... That statement is nowhere near the truth
Jharper
3/30/2018 6:34am
Bennett59 wrote:
Thanks man! This is what I was looking for. I was thinking I'd ask for $1500.00 Maybe I will ask 2K and see if anyone bites around there. I'm not Positive I'm going to sell them because I may end up needing them for one reason or another. Like having a freestyle set-up and a moto set-up.
Jharper
3/30/2018 6:35am
xr70 wrote:
I hope u won't be disappointed with the ohlins but the stock forks are better than ohlins for sure and the shock is right there with...
fpandjic wrote:
I guess you have never rode with Ohlins, or if you did, than you had absolutely wrong settings... That statement is nowhere near the truth
Glad to see this differing opinion. I'd hate to drop all that money and hate it. It should be here in time to ride next weekend. So I'll have a decent direct comparison. I may even swap it at the track just to compare back to back.

Bennett59
3/30/2018 8:47am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2018 8:47am
Bennett59 wrote:
Jharper wrote:
Thanks man! This is what I was looking for. I was thinking I'd ask for $1500.00 Maybe I will ask 2K and see if anyone bites...
Thanks man! This is what I was looking for. I was thinking I'd ask for $1500.00 Maybe I will ask 2K and see if anyone bites around there. I'm not Positive I'm going to sell them because I may end up needing them for one reason or another. Like having a freestyle set-up and a moto set-up.
I had a set of Ohlins on my Husky from Dean Burke with huck valves and they where sweet, felt super planted and hardly ever bottomed and I came up short on triple huge once and it soaked it up. I just couldn’t gel with the 4cs stuff. I do like my showa stuff once re valved. You’ll like the Ohlins
H4L
3/30/2018 10:44am
cmotodad wrote:
The stock CRF forks are basically Showa Akit without the coatings. Not quite as good but with the right tuner equally as comfortable. Again the shock...
The stock CRF forks are basically Showa Akit without the coatings. Not quite as good but with the right tuner equally as comfortable. Again the shock is more than adequate when tuned properly. Good Luck with your finished product
Yep. The new Showas (own an 18) are very good once broken in & are comparable to the KYB SSS in my experience.
Jharper
3/30/2018 1:07pm
Bennett59 wrote:
Jharper wrote:
Thanks man! This is what I was looking for. I was thinking I'd ask for $1500.00 Maybe I will ask 2K and see if anyone bites...
Bennett59 wrote:
I had a set of Ohlins on my Husky from Dean Burke with huck valves and they where sweet, felt super planted and hardly ever bottomed...
I had a set of Ohlins on my Husky from Dean Burke with huck valves and they where sweet, felt super planted and hardly ever bottomed and I came up short on triple huge once and it soaked it up. I just couldn’t gel with the 4cs stuff. I do like my showa stuff once re valved. You’ll like the Ohlins
I'm a big guy and I like jumping big shit, so that puts me add odds with running stock without at least changing the springs and such. I didn't want to sit out while waiting on my suspension to be done because of past experience with that so I ordered Ohlins. I figured from the reviews here and elsewhere it's worth it. That coupled with the fact that there won't be any down time sold me on it. Plus I can sell this stuff if I want, or set it up for freestyle and run the öhlins for moto. Win Win.

Thanks for the feedback man. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Post a reply to: What are my stock 2018 Forks and shock worth?

The Latest