So, is MUD worth buying?

Phillips467
Edited Date/Time 5/31/2012 9:00am
I know a few people on here have the full game already and I'm really on the fence as to whether to spend the money on the full game? So simply I was wondering if the people who already have it, would give their opinion?
|
5/3/2012 4:11am
I'd be interested in knowing this to, sadly they don't have a release date for the US yet but it would be nice to know if I'm wasting my time waiting for it....
Phillips467
5/3/2012 9:23am
It comes out tomorrow here in the UK, not too sure whether i want to waste my money on it straight away or not...
tobz
5/3/2012 5:57pm
Ehhhh i tried it on my pc a few nights ago. The qualifying practice and everything is okay, the AI are fast, but the tracks feel pretty one dimensional, i've only done 3 round but i havn't seen a real rythem section or anything yet, and maybe two berms. I'm waiting for my ps3 copy to arrive to try online and give it a good crack. I'm supporting it, why not, i supported the other shithole games THQ released.
Phillips467
5/5/2012 1:02am
So I ended up buying it, and I was pleasantly surprised. The official championship mode is very enjoyable, it feels good to have a proper career mode! The Al aren't easy to beat every time out, which again makes it more enjoyable.

IMO it's a lot better than Alive.......but not as good as Reflex, still worth buying though!

The Shop

Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
5/5/2012 1:48am
I didn't know this was on PC. I wonder how moddable it is
5/5/2012 2:35am
So I ended up buying it, and I was pleasantly surprised. The official championship mode is very enjoyable, it feels good to have a proper career...
So I ended up buying it, and I was pleasantly surprised. The official championship mode is very enjoyable, it feels good to have a proper career mode! The Al aren't easy to beat every time out, which again makes it more enjoyable.

IMO it's a lot better than Alive.......but not as good as Reflex, still worth buying though!
Just how good is the AI? I mean are they very tough on every single track?

One of my favourite things about the demo is how good the AI is, to be honest Iv'e yet to beat them on the hardest level. I'm hoping that standard is maintained in the full game, across all the circuits.
Dirt_Dawg
Fantasy
2758th
5/5/2012 5:16am
So I ended up buying it, and I was pleasantly surprised. The official championship mode is very enjoyable, it feels good to have a proper career...

Can you disable the boost and scrub crap? No date set for the US yet, bummer.
Phillips467
5/5/2012 8:13am

Just how good is the AI? I mean are they very tough on every single track? One of my favourite things about the demo is how...

One of my favourite things about the demo is how good the AI is, to be honest Iv'e yet to beat them on the hardest level. I'm hoping that standard is maintained in the full game, across all the circuits.
The Al are very tough on every track, i'm halfway through the championship and only have a two point lead, despite being on the podium every moto. That's another good thing, the good riders always finish at the front, not like Alive where one race Stewart would get second, and the next twelfth. Which really keeps the championship interesting.
Phillips467
5/5/2012 8:15am

Dirt_Dawg wrote:
Can you disable the boost and scrub crap? No date set for the US yet, bummer.
You can't fully disable them. But you can get rid of the words that come up on screen like 'prepare to scrub' 'press a' etc. To be honest, that really bugged me at first but without the writing come up you almost forget it's there, and it just becomes part of the game. I honestly think the boost doesn't make a difference at all, I used the boost up one of the really long hills and still got out dragged by one of the Al.
5/5/2012 8:33am

Just how good is the AI? I mean are they very tough on every single track? One of my favourite things about the demo is how...

The Al are very tough on every track, i'm halfway through the championship and only have a two point lead, despite being on the podium every...
The Al are very tough on every track, i'm halfway through the championship and only have a two point lead, despite being on the podium every moto. That's another good thing, the good riders always finish at the front, not like Alive where one race Stewart would get second, and the next twelfth. Which really keeps the championship interesting.
That's great news, thanks. A solid AI and good career mode should give the game a lot of replay value.
Phillips467
5/5/2012 8:52am

The Al are very tough on every track, i'm halfway through the championship and only have a two point lead, despite being on the podium every...
That's great news, thanks. A solid AI and good career mode should give the game a lot of replay value.
thats exactly what I'm thinking, the gameplay might not be as strong as Reflex, but the content and challenge is enough to see the game survive IMO
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
5/5/2012 11:16am
found this...not me...click HERE
tobz
5/6/2012 3:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2012 3:40pm
I can't seem to Save my progress in the championship. There's no save option but if I go to quit it says I'll lose all my shit.
Phillips467
5/6/2012 3:45pm
tobz wrote:
I can't seem to Save my progress in the championship. There's no save option but if I go to quit it says I'll lose all my...
I can't seem to Save my progress in the championship. There's no save option but if I go to quit it says I'll lose all my shit.
On the official championship? I haven't had a problem, when I back out before a race it always puts me back in where I left off...
tobz
5/6/2012 4:15pm
Ah so i should be right then, i see it auto saves, but wasn't too sure.
mxjef
5/6/2012 11:06pm
dsmith wrote:
Why the fuck would they put words across the screen.

Who the fuck is in charge of designing this crap
tobz
5/7/2012 12:17am Edited Date/Time 5/7/2012 12:18am
dsmith wrote:
mxjef wrote:

What are you talking about?

Your not talking about the "ouch" and the "ahhaaa" thats appearing are you?
mxjef
5/7/2012 12:39pm
dsmith wrote:
mxjef wrote:

tobz wrote:

Yeah, that looks as bad or worse then the Alive hand gestures. Who comes up with this shit?
Two Bit
5/7/2012 2:19pm
mxjef wrote:
Yeah, that looks as bad or worse then the Alive hand gestures. Who comes up with this shit?
LaughingLaughing
tobz
5/7/2012 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2012 2:51pm
mxjef wrote:

tobz wrote:

mxjef wrote:
Your taking the piss right? You realize those words are what the YouTube uploader has overlaid onto the video? Or is my sarcasm sensor broken?
5/7/2012 3:51pm
^yea, im not sure if serious or just really stupid.

either way, game looks like shit. wont waste my money. next console game im getting is ghost recon. next moto game i buy... there wont be one. i own it already MXS FTW.
MCfan4life
5/14/2012 11:37pm
I bought it and I'm not that fussed on it. It's not shit but it's not great either. This my initial review after about 2 hours on it:

Unlike the THQ games, you can't seem to create different user profiles.

I went to the championship option and raced all the rounds and won (on the standard level which is beginner I think). When I finish the championship I get the trophy and then the credits start rolling. Is that it??? It doesn't automatically make you go the the more difficult level or anything...that's entirely up to the player? Or am I missing something???

It's hard not to touch the 'reflex' stick at first. Pulling back on the controller seems to help a little with rollers (they're not really stutters) and uphills. The starts are ridiculous. If you don't release your brake at the EXACT time the gate drops you will get a midpack start at best.

I'll play it some more and get back to you.....but it's sounding more and more like I need to get a new PC and join in the MXS and Reflex online fun....
SPYGUY
Fantasy
725th
5/15/2012 6:34pm
So does anyone know if the game will work in my American Xbox if I buy the game from someone on Europe and have it shipped over?
5/16/2012 4:30am
SPYGUY wrote:
So does anyone know if the game will work in my American Xbox if I buy the game from someone on Europe and have it shipped...
So does anyone know if the game will work in my American Xbox if I buy the game from someone on Europe and have it shipped over?
No it won't....The US Xbox is Region 1 locked so any game that is played on it also has to be region 1...... It is possible to do that with the PS3 since it's region free....
Eatmydirt03
5/31/2012 8:38am
IS this game for sale in the states yet?? I have looked can't find it anywhere
Shawn142
5/31/2012 9:00am
IS this game for sale in the states yet?? I have looked can't find it anywhere
You won't find it, no publishing partner for the US. Most likely it will never be released here.

Post a reply to: So, is MUD worth buying?

The Latest