125 Bogs

buzzlight52
7/11/2017 6:49pm
Ive got my CR I usually ask about with carb problems, but I'm over dealing with this crappy carb. Recently I posted about a lectron or a PWK but I'm still confused. Some love their electrons and love the Airstriker, but its all for larger displacement 250cc bikes. I need something thats going to run in the cooler morning and still pull on top when its 110 out later in the day. I've been reading up on the Harris Performance STIC Metering Block but do not know if its work putting on the CR. I'm super lost so anything will help
|
7/11/2017 7:37pm
What year? Def had a better experience with the PWK Airstriker vs the stock Mikuni on my 05 when I had it.
FTB
7/11/2017 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2017 7:51pm
I have a Lectron on my RM 144. It's awesome. Set and forget!

Easy to tune.
Better fuel economy.
Over rev up top and comes on earlier in the bottom.
No need to buy or change jets.

I also have one on my RM 265. I refuse to use anything else on a 2T bike.
buzzlight52
7/11/2017 9:17pm
What year? Def had a better experience with the PWK Airstriker vs the stock Mikuni on my 05 when I had it.
buzzlight52
7/11/2017 9:18pm
FTB wrote:
I have a Lectron on my RM 144. It's awesome. Set and forget! Easy to tune. Better fuel economy. Over rev up top and comes on...
I have a Lectron on my RM 144. It's awesome. Set and forget!

Easy to tune.
Better fuel economy.
Over rev up top and comes on earlier in the bottom.
No need to buy or change jets.

I also have one on my RM 265. I refuse to use anything else on a 2T bike.
I really need to look into it if thats the case

The Shop

Tryhard
7/11/2017 9:22pm
I am as well looking into this for my kx 125 , i have the shitty pwk as well.. well " mine is shit" blame the craigslist seller lols....

Anyways im wanting to switch to a lectron ... but cannot find the info as to what problems i will run into without the tps hooked up... i have searched for about 5 days with no clear answer ... and i hate to spend the cash if its not in my benifit to run it without ...
dadofagun
Fantasy
2117th
7/11/2017 9:32pm
Lectron.... set, and forget! Enjoy the ride!
jeffro503
7/11/2017 9:38pm
Well I can say from experince that 125's in general are a little more finicky with jetting. I was having a random issue with my Husky 125. In the exact same sections on the track , about 1 out of every 3 to 4 laps....it would bog pretty bad. It always happened after a long hard , about full throttle 3rd , 4th or 5th gear. Not always....just every few laps.

To me...it felt like I had ran out of fuel....maybe to lean on the main? That wasn't it....it was actually to rich. I was splashing the plug with raw fuel because of the vacume coming off full throttle. To cure it I ended up going down to a 460 on the main ( which stock jets don't go down that far ). She's screaming like an angry wasp now.

Lectron's are awesome...but if you take the time to learn your carb / bike and jet accordingly , you don't really " need " one. BUT.....those Lectron's are sweet and easy to adjust and play around with. Less hassle for sure.
7/11/2017 9:47pm
CR125's are notoriously rich. It sounds like you've tried jetting already but I'm curious what jets you have in your mikuni right now. I'm betting you're still running rich.
endurox
7/11/2017 9:52pm
125's need big pilot jets
FTB
7/11/2017 10:17pm
Tryhard wrote:
I am as well looking into this for my kx 125 , i have the shitty pwk as well.. well " mine is shit" blame the...
I am as well looking into this for my kx 125 , i have the shitty pwk as well.. well " mine is shit" blame the craigslist seller lols....

Anyways im wanting to switch to a lectron ... but cannot find the info as to what problems i will run into without the tps hooked up... i have searched for about 5 days with no clear answer ... and i hate to spend the cash if its not in my benifit to run it without ...
Just tape it up and ignore it. No problem Tongue .
Tryhard
7/11/2017 11:01pm
Tryhard wrote:
I am as well looking into this for my kx 125 , i have the shitty pwk as well.. well " mine is shit" blame the...

FTB wrote:
Really dude??? ive been searching for an answer for so long and thats it??? wow!
jeffro503
7/11/2017 11:05pm
Tryhard wrote:

FTB wrote:
Tryhard wrote:
Really dude??? ive been searching for an answer for so long and thats it??? wow!
Have you tried contacting the people who make the Lectron carbs? What year is your KX btw?
jeffro503
7/11/2017 11:06pm
Side note.....try hitting up the tech shop forum. There is a few guys in there like Paw Paw , that really knows his stuff. I learned a lot just reading what he's typed out.
Tryhard
7/11/2017 11:11pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2017 11:12pm
FTB wrote:
Tryhard wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Have you tried contacting the people who make the Lectron carbs? What year is your KX btw?
Yeah i reached out to lectron and a local lectron dealer yesterday morning with no luck , and i couldent get any for sure yes or nos on it or really any answer at all when i posted in there so i decided to try and put in the work myself .... really wanna get this thing right and tight.... I have a full re build to do right now on it as the case is cracked but i got the cases just try to find the time!

by the way its a L series 2000 kx 125
FTB
7/12/2017 12:12am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2017 12:27am
Tryhard wrote:

FTB wrote:
Tryhard wrote:
That's what the local dealer (who's also my engine builder) told me to do and I haven't had any problems. I had the same concerns before buying one for RM 265.

I mainly ride off road, both my 2T bikes are AF's using an RMZ 250 roller, largest after market tank you can get for the RMZ 250 is the CMT carbon tank which is just under 8 liters (without the fuel pump). We mostly ride for around 4 hours, the lectron allows me to do that.
We also change elevation through the day quite a bit.
The better fuel economy also eventually pays for the Lectron. So it pretty much pays for itself, what other after market part can do that? lol.

Jeffro.
If I were you, I'd put the KTM 150 top end on that 125. I was worried about my 144 losing that 125 feel. But It's even more fun.
Tryhard
7/12/2017 12:42am
FTB wrote:
Tryhard wrote:
FTB wrote:
That's what the local dealer (who's also my engine builder) told me to do and I haven't had any problems. I had the same concerns before...
That's what the local dealer (who's also my engine builder) told me to do and I haven't had any problems. I had the same concerns before buying one for RM 265.

I mainly ride off road, both my 2T bikes are AF's using an RMZ 250 roller, largest after market tank you can get for the RMZ 250 is the CMT carbon tank which is just under 8 liters (without the fuel pump). We mostly ride for around 4 hours, the lectron allows me to do that.
The better fuel economy also eventually pays for the Lectron. So it pretty much pays for itself, what other after market part can do that? lol.

Jeffro.
If I were you, I'd put the KTM 150 top end on that 125. I was worried about my 144 losing that 125 feel. But It's even more fun.
Well sadly this isnt helping buzzlight's bogging 125 ... but happily i got an answer ive been looking forward too i know all the tps does is advance the timing for more over rev but i just wanted to be confident before i went forking the cash out

Thanks alot man!
buzzlight52
7/13/2017 11:05am
CR125's are notoriously rich. It sounds like you've tried jetting already but I'm curious what jets you have in your mikuni right now. I'm betting you're...
CR125's are notoriously rich. It sounds like you've tried jetting already but I'm curious what jets you have in your mikuni right now. I'm betting you're still running rich.
Originally I had jetted it a while ago and I know you're supposed to run different jets in different times especially here in Arizona it's 30 in the winter and up to 120 in the summer, but recently I had the same Jets I had in last summer and now all it wants to do is fall on its face second gear/3rd gear coming off of lips on tabletops and gaps. Kinda freaky because it's too rich but when I'm coming around corners tapped it's better, but not perfect
buzzlight52
7/13/2017 11:07am
Tryhard wrote:
FTB wrote:
That's what the local dealer (who's also my engine builder) told me to do and I haven't had any problems. I had the same concerns before...

Jeffro.
Tryhard wrote:
Well sadly this isnt helping buzzlight's bogging 125 ... but happily i got an answer ive been looking forward too i know all the tps does...
Well sadly this isnt helping buzzlight's bogging 125 ... but happily i got an answer ive been looking forward too i know all the tps does is advance the timing for more over rev but i just wanted to be confident before i went forking the cash out

Thanks alot man!
Well it did help somewhat, I mean in the end I'm just going to have to switch it to something way better and more reliable. My buddies got an 03 CR 250 with a PWK airstriker and says it's the only way he'll go, so I'll just keep looking around at what's worth it and hopefully I'll make the right decision on something that all run better than the shitty Mikuni
cslacker
7/13/2017 2:07pm
Well it did help somewhat, I mean in the end I'm just going to have to switch it to something way better and more reliable. My...
Well it did help somewhat, I mean in the end I'm just going to have to switch it to something way better and more reliable. My buddies got an 03 CR 250 with a PWK airstriker and says it's the only way he'll go, so I'll just keep looking around at what's worth it and hopefully I'll make the right decision on something that all run better than the shitty Mikuni
I have a 38mm Lectron I ran in my 03 CR250. I am back to running a PWK with the STIC metering block and I much prefer it. My bike always ran hot with the Lectron and either was too rich, or would bog off the bottom end. I tried 3 different metering rods to no avail.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
7/13/2017 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2017 2:27pm
My 03 CR ran awesome with stock carb. Do you know what your settings are? For what it's worth, this is what I had mine set at in Southern CA before I sold it over the winter
Main 430
pilot 40
5.75 slide
needle 2nd clip
air screw 1.75 out

(side note: mine was a 134cc with HGS/Bud exhaust, vforce intake, modified airbox, etc)
7/13/2017 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 7/13/2017 3:00pm
The Mikuni is not as bad as people make it out to be. I would give jetting it a shot before dropping 150-200 on a PWK that will still need to be jetted. Pull it off and tell us what you have in there specifically.

Or send it to this guy https://www.instagram.com/dcw240/

Post a reply to: 125 Bogs

The Latest