125 two-stroke makes the 250 field

6/15/2015 11:47am Edited Date/Time 6/15/2015 11:48am
cslacker wrote:
The manufacturer has to submit parts and pay a fee to have them homologated. Yamaha has not done this since 2010. I do believe Yamaha sold...
The manufacturer has to submit parts and pay a fee to have them homologated. Yamaha has not done this since 2010. I do believe Yamaha sold enough 2015s to qualify, but they didn't fill out the paperwork and submit the parts/fees...
nothing to do with how many are sold, but how many are imported and made available to the public.
Darryl916 wrote:
If I remember correctly the KTM Factory Edition number is 400. Yamaha has to import, make available, sell 400 2-strokes a year in the US easily.
400 imported, not 400 sold. they have to be sitting in dealerships by May of that year. in my opinion it needs to be abolished immediately, as well as, invitations mailed to TM, Beta, Ossa, and everyone else. That's probably the only area where the GPs have a leg up on the AMA. How does it hurt AMA racing if there are two TMs on the starting line?
andymoto
6/15/2015 2:39pm
machine wrote:
They really should let them run 150's just to give them at least half a chance...sheesh. Same for 300's in the big boy class. They still...
They really should let them run 150's just to give them at least half a chance...sheesh. Same for 300's in the big boy class. They still wouldn't win, but damn, at least make it fair.
Might help draw more than the 60-70 riders that take Q times in each class, but seems both series rather have less than more.
Bigshow
6/15/2015 3:32pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2015 3:33pm
dynohut wrote:
Freaking nice post Gibby! True story, I took my little "old" Mom to the flea market this morning, pushed her around in a rented scooter thing...
Freaking nice post Gibby! True story, I took my little "old" Mom to the flea market this morning, pushed her around in a rented scooter thing (she needs a cane to walk) for a few hours, we got some food truck tacos on the way home to chow while we watched today's national she had recorded, about lap three into the first 250 moto she say's to me D***y I keep hearing one of the two stroke bumble bees you ride on the track over the announcers who is that? I cant wait to share this thread with her in the morning. well played fellas

That i so awesome!!! My girlfriend can pick out a 2 stroke quick, and she only been to a couple races so far. She does not like my 2 strokes, she calls them pissed off bumble bees. When she hears one she looks at me and says "there is one of them POBBs you love so much" making a face. lol
Starcrossed
6/15/2015 4:20pm
Don't look now...but guess who's on the "cover" of "Pit Bits."

The Shop

Jack mehoff
6/15/2015 4:27pm
Don't look now...but guess who's on the "cover" of "Pit Bits."
Will be on the cover off MXA next month with a full ride report , you can stamp that !
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/15/2015 5:14pm
400 imported, not 400 sold. they have to be sitting in dealerships by May of that year. in my opinion it needs to be abolished immediately...
400 imported, not 400 sold. they have to be sitting in dealerships by May of that year. in my opinion it needs to be abolished immediately, as well as, invitations mailed to TM, Beta, Ossa, and everyone else. That's probably the only area where the GPs have a leg up on the AMA. How does it hurt AMA racing if there are two TMs on the starting line?
How many TMs, Betas, Ossas, or other small brands are racing the GPs?
OldYZRider1
6/15/2015 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2015 6:28pm
GuyB wrote:
How many TMs, Betas, Ossas, or other small brands are racing the GPs?
Of the brands you mentioned, only TM are listed in the manufacturers classifications for the EMX two stroke classes. There was an entry for Aprilia?? Eight total manufacturers listed though so evidently some older Japanese bikes are running or maybe new models (other than Yamaha) are still available in foreign markets?

What's it cost a team to enter the EMX events though? Doesn't MXGP and MX2 have very high entrance fees? That might stifle a "factory" effort there even though it's in their "backyard".
shanes
6/15/2015 8:10pm
got to love the TM 300 the engine is nice to ride

jeffro503
6/15/2015 9:57pm
Those TM's are sweet looking bikes! Have always liked the looks of them.

I love how this 2 stroke fan club gets bigger and bigger every year. I have nothing against 4 strokes at all , I simply love my KX450F. But God damn it , the 2 strokes believe it or not are a part of this sport! Have been for a very long time and people are starting to realize just how important that motor design is.

And I'll say this again for 1.3 millionth time.....One of the biggest crimes to ever happen to this sport and it future up and coming kids , was killing off the 125 class! The GP's finally realized it , and it's time for the USA to open their damn eyes and realize it too!
FI2T
6/15/2015 11:54pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2015 11:55pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Those TM's are sweet looking bikes! Have always liked the looks of them. I love how this 2 stroke fan club gets bigger and bigger every...

I love how this 2 stroke fan club gets bigger and bigger every year. I have nothing against 4 strokes at all , I simply love my KX450F. But God damn it , the 2 strokes believe it or not are a part of this sport! Have been for a very long time and people are starting to realize just how important that motor design is.

And I'll say this again for 1.3 millionth time.....One of the biggest crimes to ever happen to this sport and it future up and coming kids , was killing off the 125 class! The GP's finally realized it , and it's time for the USA to open their damn eyes and realize it too!
Great post. Dirt bikes are sweet period!

That said we are missing the lites class and two strokes need the playing field leveled. I might be in the minority here but I can honestly say I never had watched a Canadian or Australian race until the rules changed. Pretty dang fun watch now.
Motofinne
6/16/2015 1:35am
jeffro503 wrote:
Those TM's are sweet looking bikes! Have always liked the looks of them. I love how this 2 stroke fan club gets bigger and bigger every...

I agree, the EMX125 and EMX300 races are so much fun to watch and important for young future champions.

The racing in the 125 class is just amazing and i find it funny that the class gets so little space on these forums.
romain524
6/19/2015 7:02am
jeffro503 wrote:

FI2T wrote:
Great post. Dirt bikes are sweet period! That said we are missing the lites class and two strokes need the playing field leveled. I might be...
Great post. Dirt bikes are sweet period!

That said we are missing the lites class and two strokes need the playing field leveled. I might be in the minority here but I can honestly say I never had watched a Canadian or Australian race until the rules changed. Pretty dang fun watch now.
The new rule didn't change a lot the class in CAN, AUS or NZ.

In CAN, Benoit still win, Rarick is still also in top10, just some guys move up to the 450 ranks like Legad this year...

In AUS, it's different story, all front runners switch to 4 stroke like Luke Arbon, Caleb Ward, Nathan Crawford... and Makeham move up to the 450 ranks with Motul Suzuki!

Benoit has been controle last weekend after the race, but Benoit's engine was clean (Bone stock) That's a good thing for the sport!

Sorry I don't have perfect English, but I think I'm clear ^^ Haha

Have fun! 2 stroke POWER!

if you didn't still follow "125 only 2 stroke" on Facebook, let's go!! It's my page with a buddy!
nytsmaC
6/19/2015 7:16am
Funny (and sad) to think that the "125 class" has been outgrown by the 250f's to the point that it's shocking to see someone actually qualify for the 40man gate on an actual 125. Wake up call.. Goes to show how big of a void there is now for young kids coming off of superminis and having to go straight to what is essentially now the 250 class.
Crush
6/19/2015 7:34am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2015 7:35am
nytsmaC wrote:
Funny (and sad) to think that the "125 class" has been outgrown by the 250f's to the point that it's shocking to see someone actually qualify...
Funny (and sad) to think that the "125 class" has been outgrown by the 250f's to the point that it's shocking to see someone actually qualify for the 40man gate on an actual 125. Wake up call.. Goes to show how big of a void there is now for young kids coming off of superminis and having to go straight to what is essentially now the 250 class.
You hear JT the other day on pulp, said factory 250effs are in the 50Hp now.

I've got a MXA mag test on Jeremy's 96 RM250 that said it made 50something Hp... That was the premier bike, and the same class kids need to step too from an 85–never mind the weight change either.

It's ridiculous.
6/19/2015 9:34am
machine wrote:
They really should let them run 150's just to give them at least half a chance...sheesh. Same for 300's in the big boy class. They still...
They really should let them run 150's just to give them at least half a chance...sheesh. Same for 300's in the big boy class. They still wouldn't win, but damn, at least make it fair.
Payton would put a 300 on the line that would do serious, serious damage.
machine wrote:
Should say "could", because he [b]would[/b] put the bike on the line that the manufacturer wants him to put on the line. Regardless, it still wouldn't...
Should say "could", because he would put the bike on the line that the manufacturer wants him to put on the line. Regardless, it still wouldn't win with a privateer riding it and would probably top 10 with RD or Roczen riding it.
You funny. RD or RC would go top-10 with a 250 two stroke, they would podium on a 300 two stroke.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
6/19/2015 10:02am
Question is, if Marvin rode a 125, where would he finish? The problem is the best riders are not allowed to race them. A full season...
Question is, if Marvin rode a 125, where would he finish? The problem is the best riders are not allowed to race them. A full season of testing, race program, factory support etc. and I think you could get top 10.

How much slower are EMX 125 compared to the EMX 250s?
If yall remember KROC raced a ktm125 in his last gp race. in the first moto he finished 5th and second moto i think he crashed out. I think they would definately finish in the top 10 but on some of the tracks with deeper dirt and longer hills such as unadilla red bud glen helen it would be a struggle.

I think why he did well here was that the dirt was in good condition, there were lots of ruts, and the hills are shorter and the track was pretty tight which plays into having a light nimble 125. hopefully he does just as well at the other rounds
6/19/2015 10:06am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2015 10:06am
nytsmaC wrote:
Funny (and sad) to think that the "125 class" has been outgrown by the 250f's to the point that it's shocking to see someone actually qualify...
Right! I don't really understand why they wouldn't add a 125 moto at pro nationals. Would give the 250 and 450 guys more time to breathe in between motor. And allow young kids to gain some valuable experience running tracks with pro cut lines for 30 minutes plus 2.
Tracktor
6/19/2015 10:54am
nytsmaC wrote:
My boy is dual classing super-mini and big bikes for the first time this season. He is riding a modded '02 CR125 against 250f's & 450's in the BTH class. It's tough if he gets a bad start ( not uncommon on a 125) but if he get's out front he can pull away. I let him ride my 250f at home at times but he only will race the 125 for at least a year. He loves it! Quite a few of the kids that are around his age have gone straight to 250f's and we have seen a much higher injury rate in those that have.

Cygnus
6/19/2015 11:05am
nytsmaC wrote:
Right! I don't really understand why they wouldn't add a 125 moto at pro nationals. Would give the 250 and 450 guys more time to breathe...
Right! I don't really understand why they wouldn't add a 125 moto at pro nationals. Would give the 250 and 450 guys more time to breathe in between motor. And allow young kids to gain some valuable experience running tracks with pro cut lines for 30 minutes plus 2.
Well considering the 4 stroke lines are way different than what is fast on a two stroke. Would be a drag for the most part.
RangerLee
6/19/2015 12:03pm
Late to the party here so I am not up on every comment, but honestly, I do not get excited by a 125 making the 250f field. Mad props to the rider for damn sure. Really, let the 2 stroke 250 race with the 250f's then it will be something. Of course I know it will not happen over here, but one can hope.
rosebud441
6/19/2015 2:12pm
I love all 125's!! All color's welcome.. I have 3 in the stable now, but this was probably my favorite

bsharkey
6/19/2015 4:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2015 4:49pm
nytsmaC wrote:
the problem is there are those top10-20 kids who race nationally on 85/supermini who make the jump straight from 85 to 250fs BUT, there talent level is way above even fast local kids and they ride those 85s til they are 16 and are way to big for them when they could switch over to bigger bikes a lot sooner. then the local kids feel like they ned to follow suit and do the same with no steps in the middle. honestly the euros got it right over there. I like they way they make the kids step up in more gradual steps.
JoJmoto
6/19/2015 6:35pm
NorcalVet wrote:
Local NorCal - er!
And his engine builder too
Premix wrote:
Bzzz. DH1 built that motor. Located in North Canton, OH. Brandon originally from Norcal?
For the record.....

Todd LaChance of TLR Performance did the motor work on this bike. DH1 assembled it.

It is a TLR head, cylinder and crank and Todd also picked the pipe for it and done the jetting.

TLR is located in Lake City Florida for anyone who wants a great motor builder who actually does their own work and does it very well !
Starcrossed
6/19/2015 6:43pm
JoJmoto wrote:
For the record..... [b]Todd LaChance[/b] of [b]TLR Performance[/b] did the motor work on this bike. DH1 assembled it. It is a TLR head, cylinder and crank...
For the record.....

Todd LaChance of TLR Performance did the motor work on this bike. DH1 assembled it.

It is a TLR head, cylinder and crank and Todd also picked the pipe for it and done the jetting.

TLR is located in Lake City Florida for anyone who wants a great motor builder who actually does their own work and does it very well !
They've been doing Jimmy D's engines for a few years and he speaks very highly of them, publicly and privately.
MR. X
6/19/2015 8:29pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Tracktor wrote:
My boy is dual classing super-mini and big bikes for the first time this season. He is riding a modded '02 CR125 against 250f's & 450's...
My boy is dual classing super-mini and big bikes for the first time this season. He is riding a modded '02 CR125 against 250f's & 450's in the BTH class. It's tough if he gets a bad start ( not uncommon on a 125) but if he get's out front he can pull away. I let him ride my 250f at home at times but he only will race the 125 for at least a year. He loves it! Quite a few of the kids that are around his age have gone straight to 250f's and we have seen a much higher injury rate in those that have.

Is that a pregnant lady drinking a Labatt blue?
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
6/21/2015 11:22am
RangerLee wrote:
Late to the party here so I am not up on every comment, but honestly, I do not get excited by a 125 making the 250f...
Late to the party here so I am not up on every comment, but honestly, I do not get excited by a 125 making the 250f field. Mad props to the rider for damn sure. Really, let the 2 stroke 250 race with the 250f's then it will be something. Of course I know it will not happen over here, but one can hope.
Ya always got to root for the "underdawgs".

"TWO STROKE FREEDOM FIGHTERS!"
cheers_22
6/21/2015 12:41pm
GuyB wrote:
I'll admit, I didn't think it was possible. Okay, two-stroke fans, here's your new hero, Gared Steinke. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/06/13/94409/s1200_GUYB1506.jpg[/img]
I'll admit, I didn't think it was possible.

Okay, two-stroke fans, here's your new hero, Gared Steinke.

Just goes to show that a 10 year old bike can still do just fine. Sad to think where two strokes could have been had Honda and the rest not rallied to squash them.

Post a reply to: 125 two-stroke makes the 250 field

The Latest