15-16 crf450r. Recall updates.

mxb2
Edited Date/Time 9/16/2017 5:10pm
Fyi, received my letter today. And those who already replaced the parts might be eligible for a refund from Honda. 5hr job. Get the bike repaired and it has to be a powersports Honda authorized dealer. Get it done before parts get back ordered.
|
BobPA
9/16/2017 9:39am
mxb2 wrote:
Fyi, received my letter today. And those who already replaced the parts might be eligible for a refund from Honda. 5hr job. Get the bike repaired...
Fyi, received my letter today. And those who already replaced the parts might be eligible for a refund from Honda. 5hr job. Get the bike repaired and it has to be a powersports Honda authorized dealer. Get it done before parts get back ordered.
My bro has a '15, and all of the Honda dealers around me are wildly incompetent. He is thinking of sending the engine to NC to a real dealer...Other than that he is sitting on a big ol' paper weight.
mxb2
9/16/2017 9:42am
mxb2 wrote:
Fyi, received my letter today. And those who already replaced the parts might be eligible for a refund from Honda. 5hr job. Get the bike repaired...
BobPA wrote:
My bro has a '15, and all of the Honda dealers around me are wildly incompetent. He is thinking of sending the engine to NC to...
My bro has a '15, and all of the Honda dealers around me are wildly incompetent. He is thinking of sending the engine to NC to a real dealer...Other than that he is sitting on a big ol' paper weight.
I am lucky, I have 2 close authorized dealers, I trust and know their techs.
mxb2
9/16/2017 1:05pm
Just sent mine home. Gonna go break her in tonight.
Keep us posted please

The Shop

BobPA
9/16/2017 1:28pm
mxb2 wrote:
I was supposed to meet him to ride today after work. He just called me and said his locked up, blew the bottom of the cases apart..75 hours on it.
Jrewing
9/16/2017 3:36pm
mxb2 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
I was supposed to meet him to ride today after work. He just called me and said his locked up, blew the bottom of the cases...
I was supposed to meet him to ride today after work. He just called me and said his locked up, blew the bottom of the cases apart..75 hours on it.
Was it jumping out of gear or false neutrals around 2-3rd shift
Squitlege
9/16/2017 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/16/2017 4:24pm
I saw the other thread recently about this recall.. I never got a letter or call from Honda about my 15'er.. My local Honda dealer is pure garbage too. This should be fun. Anyone have any recomendo's for a decent Honda dealer in the north Florida area? Trusting my local dealer with a bottom end is pure insanity in my eyes.
ianhendry46
9/16/2017 4:24pm
mxb2 wrote:
I'd like to see anyone do that job is 5 hrs. As a full authorized Honda dealer and tech, that's shitty
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
9/16/2017 4:28pm
I'd like to see anyone do that job is 5 hrs. As a full authorized Honda dealer and tech, that's shitty
goose or lars could do it.
BobPA
9/16/2017 4:44pm
mxb2 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
I was supposed to meet him to ride today after work. He just called me and said his locked up, blew the bottom of the cases...
Jrewing wrote:
Was it jumping out of gear or false neutrals around 2-3rd shift
Didn't say, but not that I am aware. I was out of work at 4 and was loading up to ride...got a call and said his bike grenaded.

mxb2
9/16/2017 5:01pm
Squitlege wrote:
I saw the other thread recently about this recall.. I never got a letter or call from Honda about my 15'er.. My local Honda dealer is...
I saw the other thread recently about this recall.. I never got a letter or call from Honda about my 15'er.. My local Honda dealer is pure garbage too. This should be fun. Anyone have any recomendo's for a decent Honda dealer in the north Florida area? Trusting my local dealer with a bottom end is pure insanity in my eyes.
You won't get a call, the letters are out, mailed to the last registered owner. You don't need the letter to get the recall done.
mxb2
9/16/2017 5:02pm
mxb2 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Dam, my appt is Monday. Fingers crossed.
Squitlege
9/16/2017 5:10pm
Squitlege wrote:
I saw the other thread recently about this recall.. I never got a letter or call from Honda about my 15'er.. My local Honda dealer is...
mxb2 wrote:
You won't get a call, the letters are out, mailed to the last registered owner. You don't need the letter to get the recall done.
Ahh makes sense, bought mine out of state and we don't need to register bikes here. Thanks for the input sir.
Jrewing
9/16/2017 8:35pm
Saw five hours as the time. Shockers. I'll give them and extra hour to take care..
mxb2
9/16/2017 8:52pm
Squitlege wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Squitlege wrote:
Ahh makes sense, bought mine out of state and we don't need to register bikes here. Thanks for the input sir.
Np man, just call the dealer you choose, give them your vin ,#, verify. Then make the appointment for repair.

Post a reply to: 15-16 crf450r. Recall updates.

The Latest