17/18 CRF450R FMF Duals

Edited Date/Time 9/5/2017 3:02am
For those who have a new crf450r, do any of you have fmf duals? I was quite curious what it looked like with the stainless mufflers as I could only find pictures of the Ti anodized mufflers. I also would like to hear your opinion about the difference between the Ti muffler from FMF vs the stainless.
|
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
9/2/2017 3:37pm
I bought the Ti fmf slip ons. According to my kitchen scale they weigh the exact same as the stock ones did. I wouldn't waste the money on them if I knew then what I know now. All they did power wise is smooth the bottom to mid transition. Which was a plus, but not worth $850. Can't give you an answer on the ss/aluminum ones.
9/2/2017 6:19pm
tmauto769 wrote:
I bought the Ti fmf slip ons. According to my kitchen scale they weigh the exact same as the stock ones did. I wouldn't waste the...
I bought the Ti fmf slip ons. According to my kitchen scale they weigh the exact same as the stock ones did. I wouldn't waste the money on them if I knew then what I know now. All they did power wise is smooth the bottom to mid transition. Which was a plus, but not worth $850. Can't give you an answer on the ss/aluminum ones.
but they look bad ass and looking bad ass is 3/4 of motocross.
NeedMoto
9/2/2017 6:56pm
tmauto769 wrote:
I bought the Ti fmf slip ons. According to my kitchen scale they weigh the exact same as the stock ones did. I wouldn't waste the...
Same experience with my Yosh as his^^^ Yosh actually weighs more than the stock system, I was surprised.
The plus...
it did quiet it down, sounds way better, and smoothed out the transition from low to mid.

Got my complete system for $700, so I'm living with itWink
9/2/2017 7:27pm
tmauto769 wrote:
Yea but stock exhaust is the death of me, now for the header, did you buy that as well or no?

The Shop

9/4/2017 9:53pm
I have the metal air filter screen out and got tokyo mods vortex ECU. It made improvements but mainly mid to top. I put the fmf full Ti system on a week later and made a huge improvement down low. I could then really lugg it where before if I lugged it to low it would fall on its face. Overall the ECU and Full fmf made a huge difference but was a very expensive mod though. Full factory connection suspension and ride engineering links's was a big help too. I'm completely satisfied now but it sucks to put another $3000 into a almost $9000 bike to get it good for me but I'm also 6'1 225.
tmauto769
Fantasy
1001st
9/5/2017 3:01am
Yea but stock exhaust is the death of me, now for the header, did you buy that as well or no?
No I did not. I am still undecided on that.

Post a reply to: 17/18 CRF450R FMF Duals

The Latest