1997yz250 starting problem

jabudhibb
When i try and start my yz250 it never starts but when i take out the spark plug and rinse of the oil with gas and pour some gas in the cylinder head it starts right up ... whats wrong with my bike i dont want to take out the spark plug and do the same thing each time i want to ride.
|
3/29/2018 5:21am
Sounds like it’s not getting gas from the carb. When was the last time you cleaned your carb? Ethanol pump gas breaks down in just a few weeks and can really gunk up your jets and all the little circuits and passages in the carb
jabudhibb
3/29/2018 6:22am
Sounds like it’s not getting gas from the carb. When was the last time you cleaned your carb? Ethanol pump gas breaks down in just a...
Sounds like it’s not getting gas from the carb. When was the last time you cleaned your carb? Ethanol pump gas breaks down in just a few weeks and can really gunk up your jets and all the little circuits and passages in the carb
I haven't cleaned it in awhile but when i get it started after i pour gas in chamber it still runs fine
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
3/29/2018 6:44am
You sell your '01 YZ250?

So much ty
Lightning78
3/29/2018 6:44am
You should PULL the carb off the bike and make sure youve got ALL the premix (gas) drained out of the carb and with the carb assembled in your hand (nothing on it removed) try toBlow through the fueling entrance of your carburetor and see if you have unrestricted movement of air if you do then it’s highly likely your bike is getting gas like there’s a blockage at that point you should check out

The Shop

3/29/2018 6:49am
Sounds like it’s not getting gas from the carb. When was the last time you cleaned your carb? Ethanol pump gas breaks down in just a...
jabudhibb wrote:
I haven't cleaned it in awhile but when i get it started after i pour gas in chamber it still runs fine
Right, because once the engine is running, it's able to suck the gas through the carb; but just kicking it over isn't creating enough suction to draw the gas through the carb - because your carb needs cleaned.
jabudhibb
3/29/2018 8:11am
You should PULL the carb off the bike and make sure youve got ALL the premix (gas) drained out of the carb and with the carb...
You should PULL the carb off the bike and make sure youve got ALL the premix (gas) drained out of the carb and with the carb assembled in your hand (nothing on it removed) try toBlow through the fueling entrance of your carburetor and see if you have unrestricted movement of air if you do then it’s highly likely your bike is getting gas like there’s a blockage at that point you should check out
Alright

Post a reply to: 1997yz250 starting problem

The Latest