2010 Stock RMZ250 Exhaust Questions

midwestmoto
Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 8:07pm
I have two questions that I would appreciate any advice on. I am wanting to make the stock pipe look better purely for cosmetic reasons and I'm wondering if these two questions are possible.

1. I found my old Yoshimura header pipe that I used on a 2006 RMZ250. It's in great shape and I'm wondering if it would fit onto the 2010 Stock RMZ250 silencer. The bend looks the same to the eye but I'm not sure about the diamater of the hole that connects to the silencer or if there are any other concerns.

2. I've found some replacement endcaps online at the 2 links below but I'm not sure if the endcap on the 2010 RMZ250 even comes off. And if it does, which endcap would actually fit. The links below have many different options that say the size of the end cap but on the diagram I found of the 2010 RMZ250 Exhaust, it doesn't include the endcap as an additional part in the legend of the blueprint so I can't confirm the measurements. I don't see any Yoshimura Endcaps unfortunately so I'm hoping to find an endcap that is carbon fiber without a visible brand logo unless the logo is a sticker that I could peel off.

Link 1: https://www.denniskirk.com/search/2010-suzuki-rm-z250.mmy/1.removeWontF…
Link 2: https://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/end-caps/?mmy=suzuki;rmz250;2010&mmy…

I appreciate any and all insight. Thanks for your time!
|
racinstation
Fantasy
1921st
7/9/2018 3:42pm
The header won't work.

You can find a good used Yoshimura system on eBay and peel off the decals for the look I think you want to achieve.
midwestmoto
7/18/2018 8:07pm
Thanks for the feedback. Really appreciate it.

I found some used Yoshimura pipes but they are still a bit more expensive than I am wanting to spend, atleast from what I've found so far. I've even looked on Craigslist for locals who are selling Suzuki's that have a Yosh pipe on it that want to swap my stock pipe + cash for their yosh. I have one person thinking about it but doesn't seem like he's wanting to go through with that.

Are you familiar with endcaps? I'm curious if I can find a FMF or other brand endcap that will fit the stock RMZ250 silencer. The picture below looks close but it's hard too tell from a picture and I can't find any information on "end cap sizes" for stock RMZs.

Thanks again

Post a reply to: 2010 Stock RMZ250 Exhaust Questions

The Latest