2017 silly season

mingham97
9/9/2016 6:31am
I go out of my way to buy products that support our sport. That's just me though
mxb2
9/9/2016 6:34am
mingham97 wrote:
I go out of my way to buy products that support our sport. That's just me though
X2
stremme12
Fantasy
3648th
9/9/2016 6:47am
I dasagree. It would make no difference to products Id purchase if they are on the bikes ridden by the winning riders. I watch the Stankdog...
I dasagree. It would make no difference to products Id purchase if they are on the bikes ridden by the winning riders. I watch the Stankdog videos and it makes me want a 125 Husky. For me, its not about race results. For me it's about image. And cool factor. And a whole host of other things. Race results of my favoured brand/riders is least important to me.
downard254 wrote:
I think I get where you're coming from. I just keep hearing that James has a ton of pit traffic and that alone should justify a...
I think I get where you're coming from. I just keep hearing that James has a ton of pit traffic and that alone should justify a contract, then I hear that it should be a performance based contract, and I don't think at this stage, James would like to go that route. Honestly, it would be neat to see a survey, or study done to see how many people buy a particular product just because a favorite rider is sponsored by said rider. I'll bet it's a very low number. I'd bet it's more of a "see the product visually", or a visual image of the product/name. Kind of a subliminal message. But again, to the argument that his pit traffic justifies sponsorship, I'm curious what the number of pit visitors are per event/per season. I'll be it's a low enough number that really no matter who it is, that theory really doesn't hold water to be honest. Of course, I'm not a marketing major so what do I know. I started buying Suzuki's because Barnett and Howerton were tearing things up back in the 80's, pretty much stayed with Suzuki all those years (well, except for '87. Had an '86 RM 125, and that convinced me to go CR 125 for '87, wise decision). After a while it just became brand loyalty, but mostly because of a very good dealer 7 miles from my house. Hell, now I don't even remember the point I was trying to make. Shit, is it Beer-30 yet?
It might be hundreds in the pits but it's near a million of social media followers. Such a powerful tool social media can be.
Stovall977
9/9/2016 8:47am
Riders sell for sure. Shift gear was dead until Chad started wearing it in 2011. Its right up there with the top 3 brands sold if I had to guess. Everyone is wearing it now. This has nothing to do with James returning, just thought I'd chime in on how riders influence fans to buy products. Hopefully James will figure it out. Win or 10th place I love watching him ride.

The Shop

downard254
9/9/2016 3:44pm
stremme12 wrote:
It might be hundreds in the pits but it's near a million of social media followers. Such a powerful tool social media can be.
Damn, forgot about the social media thing. Probably since I don't do it. I guess that's a younger generation thing.
dean122
9/9/2016 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/9/2016 4:05pm
downard254 wrote:
Damn, forgot about the social media thing. Probably since I don't do it. I guess that's a younger generation thing.
Social media is not a younger generation thing or even a generation thing. It's here to stay and is the main tool for advertising and real time news. People of all ages use it.

And even though you think you don't do it or use it, that's not entirely correct. VitalMX is a social media platform in itself.
downard254
9/9/2016 5:49pm
downard254 wrote:
dean122 wrote:
Social media is not a younger generation thing or even a generation thing. It's here to stay and is the main tool for advertising and real...
Social media is not a younger generation thing or even a generation thing. It's here to stay and is the main tool for advertising and real time news. People of all ages use it.

And even though you think you don't do it or use it, that's not entirely correct. VitalMX is a social media platform in itself.
Not bashing on it, and yes I agree Vital is a social media outlet, I mean I just don't do Twitter or Instagram. Sorry if I offended there.
kkawboy14
11/23/2016 3:54pm
ed921reyes wrote:
bump any updates??
Gotta wait till somebody gets hurt.....
ed921reyes
11/23/2016 4:01pm
i know that what malcom was quoted saying. but theres still alot of stuff that is known but not made public yet. just really want to know where wilson lands. i know hes linked to yamaha putting him somewhere just was seeing if anyone had more info on where or if it is still happening.
kiwifan
11/23/2016 5:06pm
I would guess a lot of riders on Blue this year....

Post a reply to: 2017 silly season

The Latest