2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Incoming Rookies

Edited Date/Time 5/3/2018 1:14pm
With the outdoors approaching who are all the incoming rookies to the class?
|
USA
Fantasy
428th
4/25/2018 6:59pm
I thought I heard Jordan Bailey was moving up this year.

Enzo Lopes will be riding for JGR, heard it here first

Sully
4/25/2018 7:02pm
Garrett Marchbanks will be at Hangtown for PC.
aeffertz
4/25/2018 7:04pm
Garrett Marchbanks will be making his pro debut under the Pro Circuit Kawasaki rig thus summer.

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/25/2018 8:54pm
Mitchell Falk is riding for TLD and making his debut at Hangtown.
aroark247
5/1/2018 12:07pm
The highest under rated prospect is Carter Halpain. The guy that Marchbanks cleaned out at daytona and ruined his spring nationals.

The kid is legit. Should end up being Star Yamaha's newest member if AP23 moves on.
MX915
5/1/2018 12:23pm
Justin Cooper is technically a rookie, no? How about Hartranft?
lukaitis9
5/1/2018 5:39pm
Cooper made his debut late last year but Hartranft is a rookie.
CLT809
Fantasy
9th
5/2/2018 5:02am
Jake Masterpool will be racing a yamaha 450 as a privateer effort this summer. He wound up 3rd overall in pro sport at the ranch last year. I think he’ll be the biggest surprise.
brycepdh
5/2/2018 5:26am
Todd Waters from Australia if you consider him a rookie as he never raced in america but has done a few seasons on GPs
Motofinne
5/2/2018 5:41am
brycepdh wrote:
Todd Waters from Australia if you consider him a rookie as he never raced in america but has done a few seasons on GPs
It will be very interesting to watch him race in USA. I would think that he will be a solid top 10 rider?

Any idea what kind of program he has? Will he do all the races?
Crush
5/2/2018 5:46am
Pretty keen to watch Marchbanks. Not skeeeeered.

Waters is not a rookie. Simmons is however.
brycepdh
5/2/2018 5:53am
Motofinne wrote:
It will be very interesting to watch him race in USA. I would think that he will be a solid top 10 rider? Any idea what...
It will be very interesting to watch him race in USA. I would think that he will be a solid top 10 rider?

Waters is on his own program with some support from Honda but still mostly a privateer set up with his old man. He has retained some of his equipment that he used last year in the Australian nationals such as the lastest kit suspension from showa japan and such. He’s been in the states for a couple of months now training for the outdoors so I hope he can pull some good results, I know he can match the speed of Ferris and we all saw what Ferris did last year when he went over the pond. He will do all the races
brycepdh
5/2/2018 5:59am
Crush wrote:
Pretty keen to watch Marchbanks. Not skeeeeered.

Waters is not a rookie. Simmons is however.
reason on that he’s not?
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
5/2/2018 6:31am
aroark247 wrote:
The highest under rated prospect is Carter Halpain. The guy that Marchbanks cleaned out at daytona and ruined his spring nationals. The kid is legit. Should...
The highest under rated prospect is Carter Halpain. The guy that Marchbanks cleaned out at daytona and ruined his spring nationals.

The kid is legit. Should end up being Star Yamaha's newest member if AP23 moves on.
Is he turning pro at Hangtown? With Marchbanks, Falk and Lopes moving up, Halpain could scoop up some pro-sport titles at LL's.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/2/2018 7:02am
brycepdh wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
It will be very interesting to watch him race in USA. I would think that he will be a solid top 10 rider? Any idea what...

I heard Todd's US plans are over as he's heading back to the GPs to fill-in for Brian Bogers.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/2/2018 7:06am
aroark247 wrote:
The highest under rated prospect is Carter Halpain. The guy that Marchbanks cleaned out at daytona and ruined his spring nationals. The kid is legit. Should...

GrapeApe wrote:
Is he turning pro at Hangtown? With Marchbanks, Falk and Lopes moving up, Halpain could scoop up some pro-sport titles at LL's.
Some A/Pro Sport titles this year wouldn't do much ride-wise since his class is all graduating for Hangtown. His best bet is to show up and beat them a few motos in outdoors.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
5/2/2018 8:34am
aroark247 wrote:

GrapeApe wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Some A/Pro Sport titles this year wouldn't do much ride-wise since his class is all graduating for Hangtown. His best bet is to show up and...
Some A/Pro Sport titles this year wouldn't do much ride-wise since his class is all graduating for Hangtown. His best bet is to show up and beat them a few motos in outdoors.
I think I'd take my chances with a horizon award instead of trying to beat those guys and their factory bikes outdoors. When is the last time a horizon award winner didn't get a good ride? When is the last time a rookie privateer made a mark in the 250 class outdoors?
vschaik141
5/2/2018 8:38am
GrapeApe wrote:
I think I'd take my chances with a horizon award instead of trying to beat those guys and their factory bikes outdoors. When is the last...
I think I'd take my chances with a horizon award instead of trying to beat those guys and their factory bikes outdoors. When is the last time a horizon award winner didn't get a good ride? When is the last time a rookie privateer made a mark in the 250 class outdoors?
good point
Motofinne
5/2/2018 10:12am
GrapeApe wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Some A/Pro Sport titles this year wouldn't do much ride-wise since his class is all graduating for Hangtown. His best bet is to show up and...
GrapeApe wrote:
I think I'd take my chances with a horizon award instead of trying to beat those guys and their factory bikes outdoors. When is the last...
Renzland? Didn't he win that award?
tcallahan707
5/2/2018 10:17am
ML512 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Nope.
Motofinne
5/2/2018 10:30am
GrapeApe wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Nope.
That is true. I mixed him with Benny Bloss because of the Yamaha connection.

Well Benny got a CycleTrader/Rock River Yamaha ride after he won the horizon award. That is one of the better B teams but not factory.
brycepdh
5/2/2018 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2018 2:35pm
ML512 wrote:
I heard Todd's US plans are over as he's heading back to the GPs to fill-in for Brian Bogers.
Pretty sure I saw somewhere that Bogers is back on the bike training and a return shouldn't be far away? Could've missed the new that hes out for the rest of the season maybe.

That's a big shift in his plans since he has wanted to race in the US for years because he has never done and has trained since the Australian supercross finished for it and went to New Zealand to race and train also with Cody Cooper. All that money and spending from all his personal sponsers and himself for a season in the US.

To me it doesn't really make sense to go fill-in for a rider for a series that has already started but it would be tough to turn down a fill-in ride for factory honda if the option is there, tough decision for sure.
MohMoto14
5/2/2018 2:53pm
GrapeApe wrote:
Last year Justin Cooper at dilla and always looked solid everywhere else.

Still a rookie this year in my eyes, riding a few of the last nationals doesn't take that away for me. especially coming directly out of lorettas. I see their rookie season as in their first full season where they come in preparing for it.
Motofinne
5/3/2018 6:40am
brycepdh wrote:
Motofinne wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Todd Waters to HRC is official now! No US nationals for him.
brycepdh
5/3/2018 7:43am
Motofinne wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Wow thanks awesome, stoked for waters and keen to see what he can do the GPs. Good to see him return and have another Aussie amongst it and on a Honda! Never doubt ML512s in the know info. I would’ve thought Todd would’ve stuck with his program and plan but I guess it makes sense now to be aboard a factory team where things fall in place easier and half the works done already.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/3/2018 7:52am
ML512 wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
brycepdh wrote:
Wow thanks awesome, stoked for waters and keen to see what he can do the GPs. Good to see him return and have another Aussie amongst...
Wow thanks awesome, stoked for waters and keen to see what he can do the GPs. Good to see him return and have another Aussie amongst it and on a Honda! Never doubt ML512s in the know info. I would’ve thought Todd would’ve stuck with his program and plan but I guess it makes sense now to be aboard a factory team where things fall in place easier and half the works done already.
I have my moments...

PR: Todd Waters joins Team HRC to step in for the injured Brian Bogers
Todd Waters is the rider chosen by Team HRC to step in for the injured Brian Bogers, starting from the MXGP of Latvia on the weekend of May 12-13. The 27-year-old Australian rider will compete aboard the Honda CRF450RW alongside full-time HRC rider Tim Gajser until Bogers’ return to action – which is still unclear as the young Dutchman is due to undergo foot surgery on May 7th.

Waters has raced in the MXGP class for a full season back in 2015: he’s a five-time junior Australian motocross champion and a three-time Australian motocross vice-champion. Todd has also represented Australia at the MX of Nations in 2012, 2013 and 2015. Since last year, he has been racing in Australia with the Crankt Protein Honda Racing team.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/3/2018 7:55am
GrapeApe wrote:
ML512 wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:
Hard part is there are practically no openings for next year on big teams...outdoor experience is more valuable then winning the Horizon award when the main talent isn't there. The teams recognize that and won't jump on him if he wins it.

PC full
Geico full
Star full
Husky full
TLD full
JGR...only team with openings but I don't see them pulling an amateur ranks rider

Post a reply to: 2018 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Incoming Rookies

The Latest