2018 RMZ 450 Release Date

motofool
Fantasy
2103rd
12/7/2017 8:03am
MXVet261 wrote:
Exhaust does not swap over. I have however gotten the new FMF to put on the bike....I also weighed them and the FMF is nearly 3.5...
Exhaust does not swap over.

I have however gotten the new FMF to put on the bike....I also weighed them and the FMF is nearly 3.5 lbs lighter than the stock unit.

Just from the slip-on? I have a full FMF ti system on the way excited to get it on, definitely makes for a harder hitting bottom on these as motors are same as the last gen. I had. Also clutch and ignition covers along with everything else motor related swap over as motor wasn't changed for anyone wondering. Still can't get over how much better the new spring forks are compared to my 15 with triple airs. Bike is a huge improvement I was a Honda guy for years having a 05 09 and 15 and wouldn't go back.
rockyuno
12/7/2017 10:23am
Finally sold my YZ this past week, two days later went and got new RMZ. Rode it for about hour Saturday afternoon taking it easy then...
Finally sold my YZ this past week, two days later went and got new RMZ.

Rode it for about hour Saturday afternoon taking it easy then rode Sunday about 2 hours on a mild mx track with sweet corners.

Took while to get used to a bike that skinny and light feeling again but holy shit I love this thing, Sent suspension out yesterday because I am way too heavy to get far with stock springs and valving but on a track with small jumps it was ok, sag just way off.

People ragging on this thing all the time are idiots, I rode a 18 Yamaha and no way I would pick that thing over the RMZ, only thing Yamaha has is electric start and pulls harder mid and top.

Super looking forward to getting suspension back and putting little taller bars and grips on it.

I will do more stuff to it in the spring, get a pipe and misc shit.

Heres a photo of me ripping a sweet rut on her, lol.

Awesome man! Cool picture!
motomike894
12/7/2017 10:40am
MXVet261 wrote:
Exhaust does not swap over. I have however gotten the new FMF to put on the bike....I also weighed them and the FMF is nearly 3.5...

I have however gotten the new FMF to put on the bike....I also weighed them and the FMF is nearly 3.5 lbs lighter than the stock unit.

Where did you get those what looks like one piece numbers ? I don’t want to get graphics until I can get plastic for it but need to put some numbers on before a ax in like 6 weeks just want something cheap lol, but those look better than normal stick ons
MXVet261
Fantasy
3973rd
12/7/2017 10:40am
Yes the weight savings just from the muffler and midpipe (stock is one unit). I did not change the header.

I don't remember the exact weights but the stock was 7lbs something and the FMF is 4 something. I think it worked out to like 3lbs 5 oz lighter.

The Shop

MXVet261
Fantasy
3973rd
12/7/2017 10:41am Edited Date/Time 12/7/2017 10:42am
Those "one-piece" numbers are my old RMZ backgrounds with the numbers cut out of them and stuck on the new bike! haha
mxb2
12/7/2017 10:42am
MXVet261 wrote:

Where did you get those what looks like one piece numbers ? I don’t want to get graphics until I can get plastic for it but...
Where did you get those what looks like one piece numbers ? I don’t want to get graphics until I can get plastic for it but need to put some numbers on before a ax in like 6 weeks just want something cheap lol, but those look better than normal stick ons
Buy backgrounds and cut them. Teams have doing it for along time.
Badd127
Fantasy
2116th
12/8/2017 9:31am
MXVet261 wrote:

motofool wrote:
Just from the slip-on? I have a full FMF ti system on the way excited to get it on, definitely makes for a harder hitting bottom...
Just from the slip-on? I have a full FMF ti system on the way excited to get it on, definitely makes for a harder hitting bottom on these as motors are same as the last gen. I had. Also clutch and ignition covers along with everything else motor related swap over as motor wasn't changed for anyone wondering. Still can't get over how much better the new spring forks are compared to my 15 with triple airs. Bike is a huge improvement I was a Honda guy for years having a 05 09 and 15 and wouldn't go back.
Yoshimura rs4 ti
Muffler 2424g
Mid pipe 284g
Header 419g
Total 3127g

Stock exhaust 
Muffler 3419g
Header 846g
Total 4265g

Total weight saving of 1138g

This is the difference in weight for my 2016 rmz450.

Post a reply to: 2018 RMZ 450 Release Date

The Latest