2020 MX of Nations

Any word on the date being moved?
|
Bidirella
3/19/2020 1:50am
Better question is, wich country does care about it this year? USA lost interest years ago and all the GP guys still have a championship on the line after it.

Australia not willing to go would also be big bummer, but understandable.

Looks like Luongo killed the MXDN

chuckdavies
3/19/2020 3:10am
Bidirella wrote:
Better question is, wich country does care about it this year? USA lost interest years ago and all the GP guys still have a championship on...
Better question is, wich country does care about it this year? USA lost interest years ago and all the GP guys still have a championship on the line after it.

"USA lost interest years ago"...

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
keinz
3/19/2020 3:18am
Bidirella wrote:
Better question is, wich country does care about it this year? USA lost interest years ago and all the GP guys still have a championship on...

Yep, it's Luongo. Jeeez
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
3/19/2020 3:18am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2020 5:25am
Ahh the time of "We don't care about MXoN because we don't win anymore" came a bit early this year. Cool

It sure does look grim for MXoN this year but what other sporting event doesn't face the same fate?

The Shop

wicksy85
Fantasy
1276th
3/19/2020 6:41am
MA are looking for excuses not to support it so they can line their back pockets and keep the money for themselves
3/19/2020 8:10am
Situational Shit Show ..which seems to be the new normal for the foreseeable future, extending far beyond moto
Bearuno
3/19/2020 10:38am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2020 10:44am
wicksy85 wrote:
MA are looking for excuses not to support it so they can line their back pockets and keep the money for themselves
Where was this info put up, Mkerrwrench?

I've gone looking on a few sites, including MAs and can't find anything. Though, only on my 'phone. Can't get to a computer for a day or so.

Though, wicksey85's speculation about MA is quite realistic....

But it's Seven months away, the MXDN.

I'd not be surprised if the Covid-19 pandemic is still going by then, but, it seems a bit bloody early to throw in the towel so far off from the event.
wicksy85
Fantasy
1276th
3/19/2020 10:43am
Bearuno wrote:
Where was this info put up, Mkerrwrench? I've gone looking on a few sites, including MAs and can't find anything. Though, only on my 'phone. Can't...
Where was this info put up, Mkerrwrench?

I've gone looking on a few sites, including MAs and can't find anything. Though, only on my 'phone. Can't get to a computer for a day or so.

Though, wicksey85's speculation about MA is quite realistic....

But it's Seven months away, the MXDN.

I'd not be surprised if the Covid-19 pandemic is still going by then, but, it seems a bit bloody early to throw in the towel so far off from the event.
3/19/2020 10:49am
Le Mans got rescheduled to the weekend before. The two tracks are about an hour from each other. That would be one hell of a vacation.
Bearuno
3/19/2020 11:07am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2020 11:11am
Thanks for that, wicksy85.

Still seems a bit bloody early to give up on it, with an April time line for decisions.

But, I wonder if it has anything to do with reduced Federal funding due to the Olympic Teams massive funding?

I remember that happened, just after the OZ Teams had won All Team ( other than Club Team) titles at the ISDE. Just as we had success, that thoroughly justified financial help to a Viable, Legitimate, World Championships delivering sport, the funding was chopped, to go to the Olympic Team - many participants of which, have spent years sucking on the funding teat, without delivering results.

I've been privy to a fair bit of real info on what is spent on no hopers in sports, and the monies given to some individuals / sports, is mind blowing, especially when they don't deliver even piddling results. Well, enough of that rant.....
rileymx
3/19/2020 2:49pm
Bidirella wrote:

ahahahah.......well done boy......you are a genius !!!!!!
i thought i was about time to find some new excuses for usa not win and the gps being the races.......but reading again, in 2020, that usa doesnt care to win and luongo is the all bad of mx can only come from an motocross genius !!!!!
p.s. with this virus crisis all around....i would advise a test for that one called Stars&stripes, it has a strong influence in the brain of the victims......
hubbardmx50
3/22/2020 9:11pm
I was looking at past results from MXdN, does anyone know why America didn't participate in 2004?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/22/2020 10:04pm
I was looking at past results from MXdN, does anyone know why America didn't participate in 2004?
September 01, 2004

AMA Pro Racing press release

AMA Pro Racing announced today that it has suspended its efforts to send a team to the 2004 Motocross of Nations (MXoN).

According to AMA Pro Racing Supercross/Motocross Series Manager Steve Whitelock a number of team options were considered but in all cases it was impossible to ensure that there would be adequate support.

“In spite of an advance planning process and an open dialogue with key members of the motocross industry, in the end it proved unrealistic to send a team this year,” said Whitelock. “While we had some riders express a willingness to represent the United States, in most instances it was not possible to secure the necessary approval and support from those riders’ contract holders.”

Complicating the matter are the growing costs associated with fielding a team. However, even adequate funding would not eliminate the obstacles facing U.S. participation. “There must be a value return on such an expenditure and that clearly isn’t there in the U.S. now. There are also logistical issues. Event scheduling and broadcast coverage are just two areas we’d like to see addressed,” explained AMA Pro Racing Vice President of Commercial Development, John Farris.

“In spite of diminishing interest from the teams and riders, (Steve) Whitelock has put forth a tremendous effort in trying to assemble a team worthy of representing United States Motocross. However, with each potential team there were a number of issues that couldn’t be overcome.”

Farris went on to say that as the financial burden to field a team continues to escalate, the American distributors will see less of a return on their investment. Costs, coupled with the timing of the MXoN, make it difficult to justify supporting the event. “It’s apparent that the American motorcycle distributors and most of the riders consider competing in AMA Championships to be their main priority,” said Farris.

“Under the current circumstances, committing the resources necessary to travel to Europe for the MXoN after having spent the past nine months contesting the AMA Supercross and AMA Motocross seasons is a difficult business decision for everyone.”

Post a reply to: 2020 MX of Nations

The Latest