3 motos for MX?

kkawboy14
Sounds good to me 3 20 minute plus 1 lap motos. I like it!
|
Paw Paw
11/12/2017 9:21am
Yes, the good old days would be making a comeback.

Paw Paw
Bearuno
11/12/2017 9:34am
They tried it in the GPs years ago.

It was not a good thing.

Keep the 'SX' mentality away from real Motocross. Hell, too much of it has crept in as it is.

Haven't you short attention span individuals got enough 'shiny things' to keep you 'entertained' ?

But go ahead, and ruin your Nationals with short(er) little Motos .................

slowgti
11/12/2017 10:24am
45 minute motos again?
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
11/12/2017 2:33pm
Ehhhh seems a bit too long for the motos maybe? 15+1 might be a little less heat-stroke-y

The Shop

loftyair
11/12/2017 2:42pm
40+ minutes, x2, or even 3, is the way to go.
wreckitrandy
11/12/2017 4:28pm
MX Guy wrote:
Ehhhh seems a bit too long for the motos maybe? 15+1 might be a little less heat-stroke-y
MX Guy for a user name and you post that....? Are you the guy on that commercial that says,,,"I'd like a micro brew. No,,,, a nano brew. Not too fruity."??
jemcee
11/12/2017 4:31pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2017 6:39pm
I did a QLD (state) title one year that had 3x30min motos

It

was

fuuuucked!!
kkawboy14
11/12/2017 5:00pm Edited Date/Time 11/12/2017 5:00pm
I like starts! Plus I’m obviously a short attention span old school wanna destroy motocross supercross lovin’ tard, just ask around.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
11/12/2017 8:21pm
MX Guy wrote:
MX Guy for a user name and you post that....? Are you the guy on that commercial that says,,,"I'd like a micro brew. No,,,, a nano...
MX Guy for a user name and you post that....? Are you the guy on that commercial that says,,,"I'd like a micro brew. No,,,, a nano brew. Not too fruity."??
Your existence as well as your offensive comments towards me are both completely irrelevant. The level of ignorance displayed by your useage of poor grammar and punctuation tells me you're not intellectually suited for an adult conversation. Your insults are meaningless when you have no idea how to write properly. I feel sorry for the English instructors that have had to deal with you, I feel even more sorry for you though and hope that some day you learn about "thinking before speaking."
FARANG
11/12/2017 8:40pm
I like it how it is. 2 long motos, weighted towards the second moto when it's rough and people are tried. No need to change IMO.
wreckitrandy
11/12/2017 9:16pm
MX Guy wrote:
MX Guy for a user name and you post that....? Are you the guy on that commercial that says,,,"I'd like a micro brew. No,,,, a nano...
MX Guy wrote:
Your existence as well as your offensive comments towards me are both completely irrelevant. The level of ignorance displayed by your useage of poor grammar and...
Your existence as well as your offensive comments towards me are both completely irrelevant. The level of ignorance displayed by your useage of poor grammar and punctuation tells me you're not intellectually suited for an adult conversation. Your insults are meaningless when you have no idea how to write properly. I feel sorry for the English instructors that have had to deal with you, I feel even more sorry for you though and hope that some day you learn about "thinking before speaking."
I'll take that as a yes. Not that there's anything wrong with that Mr Micro Moto Guy. It's just that, 3 x 15,,,,, carry the one,,, plus 6 minutes more for the 3 extra laps comes to just a touch more than one moto in Hannah's day. Too fruity.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
11/12/2017 9:34pm
MX Guy wrote:
Your existence as well as your offensive comments towards me are both completely irrelevant. The level of ignorance displayed by your useage of poor grammar and...
I'll take that as a yes. Not that there's anything wrong with that Mr Micro Moto Guy. It's just that, 3 x 15,,,,, carry the one...
I'll take that as a yes. Not that there's anything wrong with that Mr Micro Moto Guy. It's just that, 3 x 15,,,,, carry the one,,, plus 6 minutes more for the 3 extra laps comes to just a touch more than one moto in Hannah's day. Too fruity.
There aren't words to describe how much I don't care about a single word you type
Yamaknockers
11/13/2017 12:27am
MX Guy wrote:
I'll take that as a yes. Not that there's anything wrong with that Mr Micro Moto Guy. It's just that, 3 x 15,,,,, carry the one...
MX Guy wrote:
There aren't words to describe how much I don't care about a single word you type
Mx micro brew wrecked by randy.
Robgvx
11/13/2017 12:37am
MX Guy wrote:
MX Guy wrote:
*usage
11/13/2017 12:49am
Where did this idea come from? And what is the reason behind it? Or does it only live in this thread?
aees
11/13/2017 1:21am
I agree in that they need to do something about the MX also. The last 10-15min of each moto (incl the 2laps) is a sleeping pill. That goes for MXGP also.

I would change it to 30+2 and two sprint motos of 15min + 1. Then you get both durability and speed as factors. Another alternative could be 3x 20+3.
11/13/2017 1:42am Edited Date/Time 11/13/2017 1:54am
I think they should keep it as it is.

I’m 23 and grew up only watching Supercross. This was the first year I watched more than 1 round of the MX and I fell in love with it. I never missed a minute of any moto and if I’m honest, I’m more looking forward to the 2018 MX series than I am the SX series.
Crush
11/13/2017 3:07am
What did I miss?!
kkawboy14
11/13/2017 3:08am
It really is just living in my head for now but I would guess any business that wants to grow is looking for ways for it to grow The 3X20 plus 1 lap is the same amount of racing time for those that can’t add
SCR
11/13/2017 5:06pm
3 motos was common at local races in the early 70s. I liked it because you could make up for a bad moto and you got more time on the track. If I remember the GPS did 3 45 min motos in the 60s, early 70s.
I don't see it as a good format today for the Nationals. I would like to see a two day format with qualifier race like the gps.
ga_pike
11/13/2017 7:27pm Edited Date/Time 11/13/2017 7:27pm
How about 1 x 45 minutes, 1 x 20 minutes, and 2 x 3 lap sprint races? That way, everyone gets what they want... a stupid long race, a normal race, and 2 quick sprint races. Would cater to both the fit and the great starters. Run the sprint motos back to back.
kkawboy14
11/13/2017 7:29pm
ga_pike wrote:
How about 1 x 45 minutes, 1 x 20 minutes, and 2 x 3 lap sprint races? That way, everyone gets what they want... a stupid...
How about 1 x 45 minutes, 1 x 20 minutes, and 2 x 3 lap sprint races? That way, everyone gets what they want... a stupid long race, a normal race, and 2 quick sprint races. Would cater to both the fit and the great starters. Run the sprint motos back to back.
I like it!

Post a reply to: 3 motos for MX?

The Latest