#96 Hunter Lawrence

captmoto
I had the chance to meet Hunter Lawrence at Milestone week before last. He and his dad showed up with a bone stock RMZ250 form US Suzuki and a bag from Ace Hardware with a crescent wrench, box wrenches and some screwdrivers. A quick Google search made me realize he is a big deal. I
was able to help with some of my tools and got to visit with him and his dad. What an awesome young man and a great dad. Watching Hunter on the track was amazing as well. Talk about precision and consistency. Blazing fast as we saw today. It was great to meet such nice people that day and made watching the GP today more personal. At 18 years old HL96 is definitely someone to watch.
Somebody put up that cool starry bra picture for me please.
|
Barrzy256
9/3/2017 2:11pm
If he can stay injury free, I've got him down as serious title contender for next year. The MX2 class should be a cracker next season, Jonas defending the title, whilst the rookies from this year, Lawrence, Prado and Olsen, step it up a gear over winter and become a serious title threat
9/3/2017 2:23pm
Racer X tweeted that he is rumoured to be in talks with Geico to go to the US at some point and someone on here said he has the same agent as a few of the Geico guys. Would love to see him do it but he's also got a bright future in MXGP.
BMSOBx2
9/3/2017 2:39pm
Great ride. Big props. Fast too. Tongue

The Shop

9/3/2017 2:48pm
Very impressive ride today - not just the result but how in control he was the entire race, he literally didn't look to put a foot wrong. Seems a very nice and approachable character too.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/3/2017 3:04pm
Racer X tweeted that he is rumoured to be in talks with Geico to go to the US at some point and someone on here said...
Racer X tweeted that he is rumoured to be in talks with Geico to go to the US at some point and someone on here said he has the same agent as a few of the Geico guys. Would love to see him do it but he's also got a bright future in MXGP.
I mentioned the agent thing. Same agent (who happens to be an Aussie too) as J-Mart, Sexton and Hampshire.
ruy
9/3/2017 3:10pm
Lawrence, Renaux, Prado and Ruben Fernandez were the best I saw in the Junior World Championship of 125cc in Spain 2015.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/3/2017 3:15pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Get him over here already.
2019 at the earliest, that's the year Prado is supposedly coming also.

scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/3/2017 4:28pm
I have known and helped out Hunter and his family a couple of times over the years when he raced in NZ, great people, and awesome to see him do so well today,
RandyS
9/3/2017 4:55pm
Anyone else think he had that pass at the end made if he wouldn't have pulled the tearoff?
9/3/2017 5:24pm
mxjon454 wrote:
ML512 wrote:

Prado needs to sort out his heat exhaustion issue that's the second time this year that's happened. It shouldn't happen 20mins into the first moto
mxb2
9/3/2017 6:01pm
captmoto wrote:
I had the chance to meet Hunter Lawrence at Milestone week before last. He and his dad showed up with a bone stock RMZ250 form US...
I had the chance to meet Hunter Lawrence at Milestone week before last. He and his dad showed up with a bone stock RMZ250 form US Suzuki and a bag from Ace Hardware with a crescent wrench, box wrenches and some screwdrivers. A quick Google search made me realize he is a big deal. I
was able to help with some of my tools and got to visit with him and his dad. What an awesome young man and a great dad. Watching Hunter on the track was amazing as well. Talk about precision and consistency. Blazing fast as we saw today. It was great to meet such nice people that day and made watching the GP today more personal. At 18 years old HL96 is definitely someone to watch.
Somebody put up that cool starry bra picture for me please.
Hope you told him vital says a stock rmz is junk. Lol.
mxjon454
9/3/2017 6:17pm
mxjon454 wrote:
ML512 wrote:

That would be pretty damn sweet. I dont see them on the level of roczen coming over here at 16, but if they do come over in 2019 that would be great for our series. Hunter will most likely be the mext best thing for Aussies and Prado will be really good too. Hope they both can get over heret ASAP.
captmoto
9/3/2017 6:29pm
mxb2 wrote:
He and his father were here on their own dime. They said Everts told them they couldn't help with a bike. US Suzuki helped out. It was a display bike with a black background 51 on it. He was sick fast on that junk stocker. What really nice people. I have since gone and watched a couple races and the kid flat never gives up. He doesn't seem to fade. The Suzukis are down on power compared to the KTMs and Huskies but he doesn't complain or make excuses according to his dad.
I asked if they had been to the US and he said no, that they wouldn't come here until Hunter was racing here and was quietly proud that they were here.
jeffro503
9/3/2017 6:38pm
mxb2 wrote:
captmoto wrote:
He and his father were here on their own dime. They said Everts told them they couldn't help with a bike. US Suzuki helped out. It...
He and his father were here on their own dime. They said Everts told them they couldn't help with a bike. US Suzuki helped out. It was a display bike with a black background 51 on it. He was sick fast on that junk stocker. What really nice people. I have since gone and watched a couple races and the kid flat never gives up. He doesn't seem to fade. The Suzukis are down on power compared to the KTMs and Huskies but he doesn't complain or make excuses according to his dad.
I asked if they had been to the US and he said no, that they wouldn't come here until Hunter was racing here and was quietly proud that they were here.
They raced here today in the USA , on their own dime? Isn't he Seewer's team mate?

Either way....Ausland should be very proud of that kid. He rode awesome and strong all day today in that heat. Pushed the entire time and looked good doing it. I'm with the OP , in thinking he could be a title threat next year for sure.
mxb2
9/3/2017 6:46pm
mxb2 wrote:
captmoto wrote:
He and his father were here on their own dime. They said Everts told them they couldn't help with a bike. US Suzuki helped out. It...
Sarcasm,. Meaning the bike is good enough for 90% of riders in the world stock.
jeffro503
9/3/2017 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2017 6:52pm
mxb2 wrote:
captmoto wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
C'mon Billy.....Hunter is riding at the front of the pack in one of the premier classes on planet earth , and no way a stock bike is fast enough for that kid. And even if it was some what stock.....there is no way that kid should be on one. The kid hauls the mail and should be on factory or factory backed bikes with no question.

Edit : never mind , I get what you're saying.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/3/2017 6:53pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2017 6:55pm
captmoto wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
C'mon Billy.....Hunter is riding at the front of the pack in one of the premier classes on planet earth , and no way a stock bike...
C'mon Billy.....Hunter is riding at the front of the pack in one of the premier classes on planet earth , and no way a stock bike is fast enough for that kid. And even if it was some what stock.....there is no way that kid should be on one. The kid hauls the mail and should be on factory or factory backed bikes with no question.

He is on a factory bike...but his two factory bikes were in Florida as they were shipped to the race. Suzuki let him borrow a stock bike to ride this past week while he was in California.

By own dime, I'm guessing they meant that their flights or accommodations to come early (and with his father) were on him and not the team.
mxb2
9/3/2017 6:58pm
captmoto wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
C'mon Billy.....Hunter is riding at the front of the pack in one of the premier classes on planet earth , and no way a stock bike...

He is in the 10% group.
ruy
9/3/2017 7:05pm
mxjon454 wrote:
ML512 wrote:

Prado needs to sort out his heat exhaustion issue that's the second time this year that's happened. It shouldn't happen 20mins into the first moto
Third time this year; Ottobiano with others riders, Portugal and now in USA.
I think he needs go to training in some places with heat in the next months.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
9/3/2017 7:24pm
When I saw "Lawrence" I was sure that JLaw was back! Wink
Crush
9/3/2017 7:52pm
They're both going to win titles.
captmoto
9/3/2017 7:55pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2017 8:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
They raced here today in the USA , on their own dime? Isn't he Seewer's team mate? Either way....Ausland should be very proud of that kid...
They raced here today in the USA , on their own dime? Isn't he Seewer's team mate?

Either way....Ausland should be very proud of that kid. He rode awesome and strong all day today in that heat. Pushed the entire time and looked good doing it. I'm with the OP , in thinking he could be a title threat next year for sure.
Sorry, for the week before the team got here he was on his own practicing on a borrowed bike.
captmoto
9/3/2017 7:59pm
ML512 wrote:
He is on a factory bike...but his two factory bikes were in Florida as they were shipped to the race. Suzuki let him borrow a stock...
He is on a factory bike...but his two factory bikes were in Florida as they were shipped to the race. Suzuki let him borrow a stock bike to ride this past week while he was in California.

By own dime, I'm guessing they meant that their flights or accommodations to come early (and with his father) were on him and not the team.
That's the way I understood it. His dad mentioned the cost of the Ram 1500 rental for a week as being steep. They were staying with his manager in Laguna Niguel and kinda couch surfing.
9/3/2017 11:24pm
ML512 wrote:

ruy wrote:
Third time this year; Ottobiano with others riders, Portugal and now in USA. I think he needs go to training in some places with heat in...
Third time this year; Ottobiano with others riders, Portugal and now in USA.
I think he needs go to training in some places with heat in the next months.
Shit just gets worse for the kid. Hope he sorts it out
jemcee
9/3/2017 11:47pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2017 12:15am
jeffro503 wrote:
They raced here today in the USA , on their own dime? Isn't he Seewer's team mate? Either way....Ausland should be very proud of that kid...

We are proud of him man.. but I'm more proud of him for saying he was 'rooted' in the post race interview haha

Rooted means buggered which means tired haha

Edit: I figured I should explain this better.. root is Aussie slang for sex but used instead of 'fuck'
Oi bro you gonna root that chick?
I've already rooted her man, I was rootin her a few months ago..
So he essentially just told Lisa Leyland on an international stream that he was fucked haha he's got a bit of that Aussie larrikin about him
9/4/2017 12:15am
He's been impressive this year a few great rides on a rookie season
reminds me or a certain #41 on de groot Kawi in 2001.. aussie grit

cant wait for next year
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
9/4/2017 12:21am
jeffro503 wrote:

jemcee wrote:
We are proud of him man.. but I'm more proud of him for saying he was 'rooted' in the post race interview haha Rooted means buggered...
We are proud of him man.. but I'm more proud of him for saying he was 'rooted' in the post race interview haha

Rooted means buggered which means tired haha

Edit: I figured I should explain this better.. root is Aussie slang for sex but used instead of 'fuck'
Oi bro you gonna root that chick?
I've already rooted her man, I was rootin her a few months ago..
So he essentially just told Lisa Leyland on an international stream that he was fucked haha he's got a bit of that Aussie larrikin about him
Laughing spot on

Post a reply to: #96 Hunter Lawrence

The Latest