A question last night on pulp mx show..

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 6/21/2017 6:10am
If you could take away one national what would it be? And if you could add one too what would it be? Let's hear some opinions.. I say take out muddy creek and bring back broom tioga.. I've never rode broom but damn that place looks sick!
|
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
6/20/2017 9:00am
Why would you take out Muddy Creek? I am loading my gun, bro
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/20/2017 9:02am
imoto34 wrote:
It's possibly the track that gets the most complaints from the riders.
ehr400
6/20/2017 9:03am
Yep and probably will never go anywhere because the MxSports/ Sam Gannon connection.
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
6/20/2017 9:06am
imoto34 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
What do they complain about?

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/20/2017 9:08am
imoto34 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
colintrax wrote:
The layout, "tightness and lack of flow"...it's just what I hear each year it's been run.
TXDirt
6/20/2017 9:13am
I wish they would rotate two new tracks in every year. We only have 12 rounds and we have had the same groups of tracks as long as I can remember. I like most all the tracks, just want to see some new tracks occasionally. Hell, I even liked the Utah national. Sure track sucked, but atleast it was something different....Ironman is great because it's a fairly new track to the circuit. From a scheduling/fan perspective there is absolutely no excitement because each year when the schedule is released it's the same tracks over and over and over.

The critics will say you need the facilities, and the investments blah blah blah. Guess what, the Colorado national track has absolutely no facilities other then trucked in porta potties and a single announcing tower. That's how many of the tracks are. What are these expensive facilities everyone speaks of?

Lake Whitney had one of the best facilities back in the day. Great parking. Good facilities. Killer track. Nope. No national there.
Stuntman949
6/20/2017 9:17am
logan_140 wrote:
If you could take away one national what would it be? And if you could add one too what would it be? Let's hear some opinions...
If you could take away one national what would it be? And if you could add one too what would it be? Let's hear some opinions.. I say take out muddy creek and bring back broom tioga.. I've never rode broom but damn that place looks sick!
I approve of this
PRM31
6/20/2017 9:25am
Take away modern Unadilla, add old school Unadilla. Grade out the ruts after the event, spread some seed, cut prior to next seasons race. I miss gnarly natural terrain. I'm over large scale Supercross.

I find Mt Morris uninspiring, but I think if it were prepped differently it may be more appealing. I also think TV could do a better job of capturing the elevation changes. May require more cameras, but cameras at ground level really show how steep the hills are and make it more appealing. The Mt Morris I saw on TV vs. what I've seen pictures of is very different.
honda341
6/20/2017 9:25am
Sadly, it is not about fan votes or "seniority," it is about the facility that is willing to buy the license to run the national. I'd vote to bring Freestone back, it is close.
moto282
6/20/2017 9:29am
Muddy Creek for me too. Doesn't seem like a national caliber track.
500guy
6/20/2017 9:39am
TXDirt wrote:
I wish they would rotate two new tracks in every year. We only have 12 rounds and we have had the same groups of tracks as...
I wish they would rotate two new tracks in every year. We only have 12 rounds and we have had the same groups of tracks as long as I can remember. I like most all the tracks, just want to see some new tracks occasionally. Hell, I even liked the Utah national. Sure track sucked, but atleast it was something different....Ironman is great because it's a fairly new track to the circuit. From a scheduling/fan perspective there is absolutely no excitement because each year when the schedule is released it's the same tracks over and over and over.

The critics will say you need the facilities, and the investments blah blah blah. Guess what, the Colorado national track has absolutely no facilities other then trucked in porta potties and a single announcing tower. That's how many of the tracks are. What are these expensive facilities everyone speaks of?

Lake Whitney had one of the best facilities back in the day. Great parking. Good facilities. Killer track. Nope. No national there.
Colorado is probably the best, The pits are laid out good, the location is about as close to town as any race and the access to the track is one of if not the best. and the track with the elevation changes and altitude offers some great racing.

I think you are off on your truck in some porto potties comment.
ehr400
6/20/2017 9:40am
Need a real sand track, sorry southwick isnt a sand track.
Millerrr973
6/20/2017 9:40am
I don't think I could vote on taking any out, that would be a hard decision.. But a national at Florida Tracks and Trails would be awesome.
500guy
6/20/2017 9:42am
I say ad Castillo Ranch , make Spectator tickets $1200 ea. only sell 1500 of them and broadcast it all live on the TV or Net.
TXDirt
6/20/2017 9:53am
TXDirt wrote:
I wish they would rotate two new tracks in every year. We only have 12 rounds and we have had the same groups of tracks as...

500guy wrote:
Colorado is probably the best, The pits are laid out good, the location is about as close to town as any race and the access to...
Colorado is probably the best, The pits are laid out good, the location is about as close to town as any race and the access to the track is one of if not the best. and the track with the elevation changes and altitude offers some great racing.

I think you are off on your truck in some porto potties comment.
I'm not saying the event/track is bad. It's great and best location for sure. I'm saying there are no facilities at Colorado national to speak of. I was there last a few years ago. So are you saying in the last few years they have built these so called facilities? And what would these facilities even be?
RbR
6/20/2017 9:53am
Sunset Ridge ...
mach6972
6/20/2017 10:28am
imoto34 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
colintrax wrote:
it sucks
zehn
6/20/2017 10:29am
Take out Muddy Creek, add Flying Iron Horse Ranch
Ted722
6/20/2017 10:31am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Cocoa Beach
Gatorback
Cycle Ranch
Those would great locations for a fall Trans-AMA series with full factory (and European) support. Temps / conditions would be better too. Monster could drop a round or two off SX series, Nationals do the same.
Crush
6/20/2017 10:31am
ML512 wrote:
colintrax wrote:
ML512 wrote:
The layout, "tightness and lack of flow"...it's just what I hear each year it's been run.
Sure is nice to see a few shiny spots on a track tho! Only place other than GH, Washougal and Southwick that ends up being any different.
logan_140
6/20/2017 10:35am
I don't think I could vote on taking any out, that would be a hard decision.. But a national at Florida Tracks and Trails would be...
I don't think I could vote on taking any out, that would be a hard decision.. But a national at Florida Tracks and Trails would be awesome.
Not enough people would go. That's deep in south Florida. If Florida gets a national it'll be ww ranch
zehn
6/20/2017 10:38am
I don't think I could vote on taking any out, that would be a hard decision.. But a national at Florida Tracks and Trails would be...
And people complained about the Utah track...
logan_140
6/20/2017 10:43am
PRM31 wrote:
Take away modern Unadilla, add old school Unadilla. Grade out the ruts after the event, spread some seed, cut prior to next seasons race. I miss...
Take away modern Unadilla, add old school Unadilla. Grade out the ruts after the event, spread some seed, cut prior to next seasons race. I miss gnarly natural terrain. I'm over large scale Supercross.

I find Mt Morris uninspiring, but I think if it were prepped differently it may be more appealing. I also think TV could do a better job of capturing the elevation changes. May require more cameras, but cameras at ground level really show how steep the hills are and make it more appealing. The Mt Morris I saw on TV vs. what I've seen pictures of is very different.
Reed said bring back old dilla as well. There was a lot of talk about leaving the terrain natural stop bringing sand into tracks etc. promoters need to listen to riders. It also sounded like Reed would entertain riding outdoors if they didn't prep the tracks to have rediculously deep Ruts. Reed said what a lot of us have been saying it's slot car racing.
6/20/2017 10:49am
ehr400 wrote:
Need a real sand track, sorry southwick isnt a sand track.
Agree 100%.

A proper, deep sand track is needed - badly.

I think if the prep was varied we have a lot more interesting series. That each track is set up the same regardless of the location is not helping things. Some should be hard pack, some should be sand, some should be ripped and watered. Mix it up DC, for the love of god, mix it up.

IWreckALot
6/20/2017 10:50am
honda341 wrote:
Sadly, it is not about fan votes or "seniority," it is about the facility that is willing to buy the license to run the national. I'd...
Sadly, it is not about fan votes or "seniority," it is about the facility that is willing to buy the license to run the national. I'd vote to bring Freestone back, it is close.
Freestone is an awesome track to race, but it's not good for spectating. Been brought up a few times before but without them adding some elevation, you can't see the track very well from any one spot.
6/20/2017 11:00am
RbR wrote:
Sunset Ridge ...
This is not Sarcastic but do you really think that is a possibility? He doesn't seem nearly long enough and parking?

It is an AMAZING track for sure.
6/20/2017 11:05am
I've never liked those shitty no elevation tracks that the GP's seem to have filled half their schedule with, but I will say Assen was pretty cool and I thought it being a sand track made the no elevation not really a big deal. Might be something they could try in the US, I know no one really liked the Utah track but the facilities were top notch so I always felt if they would have started with the idea of a sand track it would have been a lot more successful.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/20/2017 11:16am
zehn wrote:
Take out Muddy Creek, add Flying Iron Horse Ranch
That dude is still having legal problems. I asked about doing an event up there this year and it's a no go.

Post a reply to: A question last night on pulp mx show..

The Latest