A solution to the woes of the racers

mingham97
11/21/2017 4:36am
No Monster Cup
No Redbull Straight Rhythm

Instead, have different race formats (currently being done) and major payouts through out the season (possibly at the triple crown rounds). Plus, possibly have a round of straight rhythm type racing with another large payout.

Unless Monster Cup is already scrapped for 2018, which wouldn't surprise me. I can't find anything on it.

The reason I bring this up is because I know I'm not the only one to get bored after the first 6 rounds and then tune in towards the last few.
|
jmb227
11/21/2017 3:07pm
mingham97 wrote:
Am i missing something?
Yes, A good idea.
Motoxdoc
11/21/2017 3:09pm
I thought you were going to give us a solution to broken bones......or gravity. I didn't know the MEC and Redbull straight rhythm events were "woes" that needed solutions.

The Shop

mingham97
11/21/2017 3:51pm Edited Date/Time 11/21/2017 3:51pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
I thought you were going to give us a solution to broken bones......or gravity. I didn't know the MEC and Redbull straight rhythm events were "woes"...
I thought you were going to give us a solution to broken bones......or gravity. I didn't know the MEC and Redbull straight rhythm events were "woes" that needed solutions.
90% of riders hate the offseason races and obligations. The only race with out obligation is mxdn and that struggles more and more every year to find top american riders as no one wants to do it or fund it
mingham97
11/21/2017 3:52pm
mingham97 wrote:
Am i missing something?
jmb227 wrote:
Yes, A good idea.
I thought it was sarcasm! You never know with this site LaughingLaughing
Lucifa.
11/21/2017 6:37pm
mingham97 wrote:
90% of riders hate the offseason races and obligations. The only race with out obligation is mxdn and that struggles more and more every year to...
90% of riders hate the offseason races and obligations. The only race with out obligation is mxdn and that struggles more and more every year to find top american riders as no one wants to do it or fund it
Do they really though? How do you know they hate it?
mingham97
11/21/2017 7:27pm
mingham97 wrote:
90% of riders hate the offseason races and obligations. The only race with out obligation is mxdn and that struggles more and more every year to...
Lucifa. wrote:
Do they really though? How do you know they hate it?
I haven't spoken to all of them personally Matthes talks about it all the time on his podcasts. While there are about 5 or 6 riders in the 450 class that actually enjoy the offseason races and use them as a good source of training and money. But there are alot of guys that wouldn't be there if they didn't have to be. Even CR22, a former monster athlete, said that a lot of the riders are only there because they have to be.

Also from a sponsorship POV, half the riders are having off season surgery by October and don't even rock up, so the racing isn't even that competitive or good to watch.

And as for Redbull SR, the turn out for that was even worse. I wonder how much money Redbull dumped into that race to get anyone outside of Redbull KTM to attend. They even used JS7 to tease the event and he definitely wasn't going to show up. Thats desperate marketing.

After 17 rounds of SX and 12 rounds of MX, surely I'm not the only one who thinks these races are a waste of time, energy and money, that could be used to push the actual real SX season, the one everybody actually wants to show up for

aeffertz
11/21/2017 8:01pm
I wonder how Marvin feels about the Monster cup and RBSR off season events. He made some serious cash for a couple days of racing.
mingham97
11/21/2017 8:10pm
aeffertz wrote:
I wonder how Marvin feels about the Monster cup and RBSR off season events. He made some serious cash for a couple days of racing.
Like I said in my OP, I'm not saying to stop handing out cash, I'm saying make those high bonus rounds through the year

Post a reply to: A solution to the woes of the racers

The Latest