AC Racing Customer service question?

jeffs
Fantasy
1644th
Edited Date/Time 9/4/2018 7:09am
I bought a subframe from them about 10 months ago and it has broken completely through on the lower portion where the mid pipe mounts. It caused my Pro Circuit titanium mid pipe mount to crack. It has zero crash damage and after looking inside the broken piece at the metal I see lots of black pieces imbedded into the aluminum. I emailed them and they got right back to me within a day wanting pictures. I have sent them numerous emails and phones calls throughout the day for the last 7 days and have heard nothing in return. I left three voice messages and haven't heard a peep from them. Are any of you having any luck contacting these guys. What's the 411 on them?
|
jeffs
Fantasy
1644th
8/28/2018 4:32pm
Stock is 450 and AC was 285.
jeffs
Fantasy
1644th
8/28/2018 4:45pm
Here are some pictures of the break and crack.

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/28/2018 5:12pm
I don't know about your sub-frame but do know working barefoot isn't a good idea.

The Shop

jeffs
Fantasy
1644th
8/28/2018 5:15pm
Riding barefoot is even worse. Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kwenske321
8/29/2018 7:31am
jeffs wrote:
I bought a subframe from them about 10 months ago and it has broken completely through on the lower portion where the mid pipe mounts. It...
I bought a subframe from them about 10 months ago and it has broken completely through on the lower portion where the mid pipe mounts. It caused my Pro Circuit titanium mid pipe mount to crack. It has zero crash damage and after looking inside the broken piece at the metal I see lots of black pieces imbedded into the aluminum. I emailed them and they got right back to me within a day wanting pictures. I have sent them numerous emails and phones calls throughout the day for the last 7 days and have heard nothing in return. I left three voice messages and haven't heard a peep from them. Are any of you having any luck contacting these guys. What's the 411 on them?
I had a similar experience about 6 months ago with them. I bought a subframe for my RM250. When I went to install it I discovered it was bent to hell! I called and they were immediate in their response, requested photos and told me they would have a replacement shipped out immediately. Weeks went by, no replacement showed up, they quit answering the phone or responding to attempt. I shipped the piece of shit subframe back, called my bank and got my refund! They clearly have a problem addressing their issues.
kb228
8/29/2018 7:42am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't know about your sub-frame but do know working barefoot isn't a good idea.
OSHA said its safe
MotoMo165
8/29/2018 7:56am
That’s a bummer. If I had a newish model bike I’d stick to oem products. Mainly to avoid this. That subframe was almost half the cost, cmon man.
captmoto
8/29/2018 8:01am
jeffs wrote:
Stock is 450 and AC was 285.
Add in the cost of a new mid pipe if PC will sell it to you and you are probably close to the cost of an OEM subframe. And all the aggravation you are going through now.
mister2dt
8/29/2018 10:28am
Cannibal cycles on ebay... tons of perfect used parts for dirt cheap
8/29/2018 11:06am
MotoMo165 wrote:
That’s a bummer. If I had a newish model bike I’d stick to oem products. Mainly to avoid this. That subframe was almost half the cost...
That’s a bummer. If I had a newish model bike I’d stick to oem products. Mainly to avoid this. That subframe was almost half the cost, cmon man.
I have to agree. Bought plenty of sub frames over the years and I'd buy a used OEM sub frame before I bought an AC Racing unit. They just look cheap, and apparently are. Obviously this doesn't help the OP any. Just my two cents.
8/29/2018 2:35pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
That’s a bummer. If I had a newish model bike I’d stick to oem products. Mainly to avoid this. That subframe was almost half the cost...
I have to agree. Bought plenty of sub frames over the years and I'd buy a used OEM sub frame before I bought an AC Racing...
I have to agree. Bought plenty of sub frames over the years and I'd buy a used OEM sub frame before I bought an AC Racing unit. They just look cheap, and apparently are. Obviously this doesn't help the OP any. Just my two cents.
My experience has been the exact opposite but with used 2 strokes. I've bought two from them over the years. Never had a problem. Now watch, next time I go ride I'm going to destroy the damn thing.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
8/29/2018 4:06pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
I have to agree. Bought plenty of sub frames over the years and I'd buy a used OEM sub frame before I bought an AC Racing...
My experience has been the exact opposite but with used 2 strokes. I've bought two from them over the years. Never had a problem. Now watch...
My experience has been the exact opposite but with used 2 strokes. I've bought two from them over the years. Never had a problem. Now watch, next time I go ride I'm going to destroy the damn thing.
We've had one on our 05 kx250 for 10+ years and haven't had any issues with it. It's held up great through the years.
BobPA
8/29/2018 4:17pm
My friend had similar results as you. The day he bought it and bolted it on it was crooked. He sent it back to have it fixed. It came back over a month later and was still not straight. Rode it for a few months and it broke where the silencer mounted. Needless to say he was not pumped.
9/2/2018 9:59am
Well I ordered over the phone a sub-frame for my old YZ during the Black Friday sale. Never received the part. Im not sure AC is under the same ownership from years ago? Some thing is up over there.

Ghost
9/3/2018 6:13am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
We've had one on our 05 kx250 for 10+ years and haven't had any issues with it. It's held up great through the years.
My second one is on my 05 KX250. First one was for a 99 KX125.
Zeke27G
9/4/2018 7:07am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2018 7:09am

My 2003 KX500 came with an AC Racing sub frame. Upon inspection after the I purchased the bike, it had been cracked in half and re-welded at the hole where the silencer passes through. It also appeard to be bent as well, not sure if it was like that new or from use. After 3 or 4 rides I cracked it again in the same place and had it re-welded and was going to order another one from AC Racing when I happened upon these subframes built in the UK.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214245114339544&set=pcb.1676169332492359&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Upon receiving it, the welds were impressive and you could tell it was built with something better than recycled beer cans. The transaction with Darren was easy and I had my sub frame in about a little over a week. Including shipping, it still cost less than an AC Racing unit without shipping! I've got roughly 8 hours on it with no issues so far.

Post a reply to: AC Racing Customer service question?

The Latest