ANYONE KNOW OF ANY BIG MONEY RACES COMING UP??

bsracing777
Edited Date/Time 8/1/2018 2:40pm
Anyone know of any big money races coming up soon??
|
moore433
7/31/2018 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2018 1:57pm
Swan pro challenge $25,000 purse usually...

The Shop

RyanD797
Fantasy
302nd
7/31/2018 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/31/2018 2:07pm
1. Why are you shouting in the title?
2. Do you always use two question marks?
3. If you were a local expert, would you divulge where all the big money (fair) races are on the interwebs?

I can only answer #3 for you. No. Though if a promoter were to see this post, i'm sure they would be amped to get the info out there. I'm sure there will be a couple around Indiana in a few weeks.

Before someone lists Unadilla, Budds Creek, or Ironman(or Loretta's), the OP asked for "BIG" money races. Races where you win big money, not spend big money.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/31/2018 2:45pm
RyanD797 wrote:
1. Why are you shouting in the title? 2. Do you always use two question marks? 3. If you were a local expert, would you divulge...
3. If you were a local expert, would you divulge where all the big money (fair) races are on the interwebs?

I can only answer #3 for you. No. Though if a promoter were to see this post, i'm sure they would be amped to get the info out there. I'm sure there will be a couple around Indiana in a few weeks.

Before someone lists Unadilla, Budds Creek, or Ironman(or Loretta's), the OP asked for "BIG" money races. Races where you win big money, not spend big money.
Wow he asked a simple question
Who shit in your cheerios?
7/31/2018 2:45pm
Just sign up for the MEC. Win all 3 races and you win alot of money. I think that will be the best opportunity for you.

?
RyanD797
Fantasy
302nd
7/31/2018 3:28pm
crusty_xx wrote:
What? I just asked a couple of questions and actually gave him a keyword to use in his google searches. It's not like I told him to sell everything and get a cat.

That attitude comes from when I was chasing big money races. As someone showing up to win money, you want as few competitors there as possible. Even if you are fast, anything can happen. Crash in the first turn, mechanical, etc. You still want to leave with some of the guaranteed pay out to get you to the next race.

much ty?
plowboy
7/31/2018 4:07pm
What's the definition of "big money"? Unless you're completely sponsored and get to keep 100% of the purse...anything you win is most likely already spent (bike mods and travel). Which I guess, if you plan on winning, is not a terrible thing. Let us know how it works out.
mauidex
7/31/2018 4:12pm
Just sign up for the MEC. Win all 3 races and you win alot of money. I think that will be the best opportunity for you...
Just sign up for the MEC. Win all 3 races and you win alot of money. I think that will be the best opportunity for you.

?
here's your signWhistlingWhistling
kb228
7/31/2018 4:16pm
Monster cup
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/31/2018 9:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2018 7:35am
RyanD797 wrote:
1. Why are you shouting in the title? 2. Do you always use two question marks? 3. If you were a local expert, would you divulge...

crusty_xx wrote:
Well bsracing777 has started a few other threads like this before asking about big money races when he does not come close to finishing in the money at local "little money races" he seems to be living in a fantasy world and defiantly not in any real moto world. I figure the bs part of bs racing meant "Bull Shit" but a buddy of mine in Texas said that is pretty close to correct but he is a real person so cut RyanD797 some slack because we have seen this thread before. Wink I wont post his name or results,I like his enthusiasm but you also need to live in the real world.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/ANY-PRO-MONEY-RACES,1342…

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/2018-Big-Money-Motocross…
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/1/2018 4:58am
RyanD797 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:
Well bsracing777 has started a few other threads like this before asking about big money races when he does not come close to finishing in the...
Well bsracing777 has started a few other threads like this before asking about big money races when he does not come close to finishing in the money at local "little money races" he seems to be living in a fantasy world and defiantly not in any real moto world. I figure the bs part of bs racing meant "Bull Shit" but a buddy of mine in Texas said that is pretty close to correct but he is a real person so cut RyanD797 some slack because we have seen this thread before. Wink I wont post his name or results,I like his enthusiasm but you also need to live in the real world.

Oh ok
I don't usually act like a daddy on an internet forum and check the background first in order to investigate if an answer to a question will really help the asking person or not. One never stops learning I guess.
Defiantly
MikeyB35
8/1/2018 5:09am
Marshfield Fair Supercross in massachusetts. August 22. $4000
8/1/2018 5:16am
Loretta Lynn's this week Smile
I think he wanted to earn it not spend it
huck
8/1/2018 7:00am
lostboy819 wrote:
Well bsracing777 has started a few other threads like this before asking about big money races when he does not come close to finishing in the...

Donovan759
8/1/2018 7:11am
RyanD797 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:
lostboy819 wrote:

Defiantly live in the real moto world, bro. Fantasy world is defiantly bull shit.
ruy
8/1/2018 7:22am
MikeyB35 wrote:
Marshfield Fair Supercross in massachusetts. August 22. $4000
Winner!
MX Culture
8/1/2018 7:27am
Big money races are done.
Everyone is a pro practice rider now.
Had a $7000 purse last week at Lake County Fair.
12 guys first night, 8 the second.
Guys that live 20 miles away didn’t show up.
The fans don’t know the difference between Johnny C Class and Travis Sewell who won everything.
No purse and we would have had the same fans.
Why do all that work when nobody shows?!
huck
8/1/2018 7:41am
MX Culture wrote:
Big money races are done. Everyone is a pro practice rider now. Had a $7000 purse last week at Lake County Fair. 12 guys first night...
The fans don’t know the difference between Johnny C Class and Travis Sewell who won everything.
Very true. But if you put $1000 in the 'prize fund' for the amateur classes, you get more riders, and each of those riders brings 3-10 fans. Some of the younger kids used to have 10 or 12 people showing up, just to watch them.
MX Culture
8/1/2018 7:49am
MX Culture wrote:
Big money races are done. Everyone is a pro practice rider now. Had a $7000 purse last week at Lake County Fair. 12 guys first night...
huck wrote:
Very true. But if you put $1000 in the 'prize fund' for the amateur classes, you get more riders, and each of those riders brings 3-10...
Very true. But if you put $1000 in the 'prize fund' for the amateur classes, you get more riders, and each of those riders brings 3-10 fans. Some of the younger kids used to have 10 or 12 people showing up, just to watch them.
Can I pay an amateur at an AMA event?
I thought that was a no no
8/1/2018 8:13am
MX Culture wrote:
That's Sad !!!! Remember the Dog Track in Kaukauna between Red Bud and Millville was FULL of Privateers looking to make some money. If I was fast kid I would chase all the fair race money all over the country instead of losing money at every Pro National. Think of the great traveling stories and all the money you could put in your pockets !!!!!!
huck
8/1/2018 8:16am
MX Culture wrote:
huck wrote:
Very true. But if you put $1000 in the 'prize fund' for the amateur classes, you get more riders, and each of those riders brings 3-10...
MX Culture wrote:
Can I pay an amateur at an AMA event?
I thought that was a no no
Not a payout...but 'give-outs'.

holeshot awards
give-aways are riders meeting
awards for top 3 finishers (prizes/gift cards, not cash)
mxb2
8/1/2018 8:17am
MX Culture wrote:
526 wrote:
That's Sad !!!! Remember the Dog Track in Kaukauna between Red Bud and Millville was FULL of Privateers looking to make some money. If I was...
That's Sad !!!! Remember the Dog Track in Kaukauna between Red Bud and Millville was FULL of Privateers looking to make some money. If I was fast kid I would chase all the fair race money all over the country instead of losing money at every Pro National. Think of the great traveling stories and all the money you could put in your pockets !!!!!!
X2, but most are using parents $$ or sponsors $$ so they dont care. Easy decision. Make money or ride in 25th place and lose money.
8/1/2018 1:31pm
There haven't been any "Big" money races since the 70's. Sad, but true.

Somebody threw out a $4000 purse figure above. We had that at local races back in the 70's. And that money was worth a lot more. FYI, a $4,000 purse in 1976 would have to be $18,000 today to account for inflation.

We could buy a new bike with a weekend's purse money back then. Hell, you can't do that if you win a National today.

Race purses today are like wages today. Stuck in neutral or going backwards.
motomike894
8/1/2018 1:47pm
Technically if its a Non - AMA event you can payback any class you want, but supposedly if the AMA was to find out you got payout at any event in cash you will be bumped up to the A class then.

That being said I don't see how anyone would veer find out, nor would most people care.

But yeah other than the occasional race here or there, there is not near the money races and decent payouts there used to be, the money just isn't there like it used to be.

And yeah inflation is a joke, everything costs 2-4 times as much but wages have barely increased.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
8/1/2018 2:39pm
Anyone know of any big money races coming up soon??
You should try a fishing tournament.
Looking at his social media pages and hearing from people who know him, he is dead serious. Blush
MX Culture
8/1/2018 2:39pm
MX Culture wrote:
526 wrote:
That's Sad !!!! Remember the Dog Track in Kaukauna between Red Bud and Millville was FULL of Privateers looking to make some money. If I was...
I announced those for Scotty B and the turnouts were awesome. Guys remind me of that event all the time. I ran into Keith Johnson recently at a Yamaha event and he said “Remember the races at the dog track?”
Scotty had a bar nearby and had motorized barstools. We raced those late into the night with beers in hand.
Man those were the days.

Post a reply to: ANYONE KNOW OF ANY BIG MONEY RACES COMING UP??

The Latest