ARC vs WC Levers? Whats the pros and cons with them?

Tyler_Coff303
Edited Date/Time 12/2/2019 3:39am
What’re your thoughts in them?
|
Mr. Info
11/30/2019 6:26pm
Nothing better than ARC. Have known Bob for 20 years and have run every style he has made and it’s why most of the top pros use them.
But it’s best to get information from people who use them and have tried others.
11/30/2019 7:03pm
Since we’re on this topic, do the ARC levers fit Works Connection perches? I always see people run WC levers with the WC perches
Looby321
11/30/2019 7:16pm
I like the traditional feel of the WC compared to the ARC system. There’s just something about ARC and ASV that doesn’t feel as precise to me, to each their own.
mwssquad827
11/30/2019 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 11/30/2019 7:48pm
WC is smooth as butta and are on my garage Queen bike but the composite ARC’s are bullet proof and are on my race bike..

The Shop

CSAR FE
11/30/2019 8:02pm
Since we’re on this topic, do the ARC levers fit Works Connection perches? I always see people run WC levers with the WC perches
I also have the same question. Picked up a WC perch on the Black Friday sale.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
11/30/2019 8:53pm
Arc levers have a folding hinge to keep them from breaking. Works Connection clutch levels are non folding, but the lever is Billet and very durable. ASV would be a better comparison question, IMO. With that said, I’d use Arc before any of the other folding levers, but I run the WC perch/ levers on my RMZ and only run OEM Brembo levers on my KTM’s. The WC and the OEM Brembo levers just have a better feel to me, to each their own.
Lightning78
11/30/2019 9:02pm
I recently bought one of the MSR all in one clutch perch with lever from RMATV the pivot point of the lever has a needle bearing pressed into the hole of the clutch lever and rides on the bolt for butter smooth operation along with the red anodized clicking adjust on the fly wheel and I absolutely LOVE IT!! Best part? It was only $29.95 and just as good of quality IMO as the $100+ ones.

Ive never been a fan of the "unbreakable" levers they have a bulky clunky feel to me and that even goes for the nicer newer style unbreakable levers. Its just a feel thing for me I've never liked aftermarket replacement levers in general bec they don't have that solid density feel to them. My MSR setup does though and I'm really happy with it, I know what I'm describing as "feel" probably sounds batshit crazy but I can genuinely feel a difference and I just don't like it, I'm.ot gonna say it throws off my riding but…. It does throw off my riding a little bit in the way it slightly breaks my concentration, anyway that's my .02 and I know I sound like a weirdo but oh well. I highly recommend the MSR lever setup if you're not down with dropping $100 to get a really nice clutch lever setup.

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
11/30/2019 9:42pm
I recently bought one of the MSR all in one clutch perch with lever from RMATV the pivot point of the lever has a needle bearing...
I recently bought one of the MSR all in one clutch perch with lever from RMATV the pivot point of the lever has a needle bearing pressed into the hole of the clutch lever and rides on the bolt for butter smooth operation along with the red anodized clicking adjust on the fly wheel and I absolutely LOVE IT!! Best part? It was only $29.95 and just as good of quality IMO as the $100+ ones.

Ive never been a fan of the "unbreakable" levers they have a bulky clunky feel to me and that even goes for the nicer newer style unbreakable levers. Its just a feel thing for me I've never liked aftermarket replacement levers in general bec they don't have that solid density feel to them. My MSR setup does though and I'm really happy with it, I know what I'm describing as "feel" probably sounds batshit crazy but I can genuinely feel a difference and I just don't like it, I'm.ot gonna say it throws off my riding but…. It does throw off my riding a little bit in the way it slightly breaks my concentration, anyway that's my .02 and I know I sound like a weirdo but oh well. I highly recommend the MSR lever setup if you're not down with dropping $100 to get a really nice clutch lever setup.

My riding would be thrown off with the full waffle grip that’s twisting on the bars, well before any lever would, just sayin’ Tongue

11/30/2019 10:11pm
I've tried a bunch of different levers and my favorite by far are the Streamline Reflex levers, mainly for their shape. Reflex levers have a straighter profile than other aftermarket lever. With other style levers, usually the lever will hit the knuckles on my other fingers when pulling it in. If you have long fingers and are a single finger lever puller, you'll likely like them too.

Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
12/1/2019 1:35pm
I like WC but sand gets into the bearing on the clutch adjuster so they require some maintenance. I just stayed with my stock Yamaha ones this time because the adjuster is rubber covered.
jmo443
12/1/2019 2:33pm
Works connection all the way. I do believe they do or they have had a service program where you send them in they put in new bearings etc..... maybe it was just a rider support thing or not.

I’ve never broken one or there clutch levers. The pull is awesome and adjustment is a breeze. The non breakable levers usually are too bulky. Those streamline ones are sweet looking though.
12/1/2019 3:14pm
I recently bought one of the MSR all in one clutch perch with lever from RMATV the pivot point of the lever has a needle bearing...

Thé difference is the MSR perch/lever are cast. Not as durable as the WC and the lever gets quite a bit of up/down play in short order, where the WC stays nice and tight.
mxbrian15
12/1/2019 6:54pm
Maybe I’m in the minority, but I prefer ASV levers.
Jaybird67k
12/1/2019 7:09pm
mxbrian15 wrote:
Maybe im in the minority because Teflon tape under stock perches works great and its cheap.
smv ryder
Fantasy
1306th
12/1/2019 9:25pm
ARC memlon levers... the Gumby of levers and IMO no cons.
Yes I use them behind bark busters but that’s only for single track.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
12/1/2019 9:39pm
mxbrian15 wrote:
Jaybird67k wrote:
Maybe im in the minority because Teflon tape under stock perches works great and its cheap.
Right there with you. I even use the Teflon tape when I buy a bike that already has unbreakable levers.
philG
12/2/2019 3:38am
mxbrian15 wrote:
Jaybird67k wrote:
I have never used anything other than stock levers and perches. . They always feel fine.
bvm111
12/2/2019 7:46am
Motion pro OEM replacement, 7.99 and feel great, they are so cheap that I can replace them 20 times but have never broken one anyway!

Post a reply to: ARC vs WC Levers? Whats the pros and cons with them?

The Latest