About the new Shoei helmet.

mmcmx
I'm currently waiting for Shoei to release their new helmet, which is scheduled in march here in Europe, and I noticed that it is already for sale in the US market. I wonder why? Is the euro model diferent than the US one?
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/20/2018 9:16am
That’s a bummer! My buddy picked one up two days ago and I checked one out last night.
Motofinne
1/20/2018 9:17am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2018 9:23am
Where did you hear about March? I asked my dealer and they told me late January.

I'm going to ask again on monday.

Edit: I just checked dirtbikebitz and they are out of stock/pre order. I wonder if my dealer got something wrong when i asked them. Anyways, i'll return to this thread on Monday when i get a new answer.
mmcmx
1/20/2018 9:24am
Motofinne wrote:
Where did you hear about March? I asked my dealer and they told me late January. I'm going to ask again on monday. Edit: I just...
Where did you hear about March? I asked my dealer and they told me late January.

Edit: I just checked dirtbikebitz and they are out of stock/pre order. I wonder if my dealer got something wrong when i asked them. Anyways, i'll return to this thread on Monday when i get a new answer.
I saw it on the Shoei europe website.
Motofinne
1/20/2018 9:32am
Motofinne wrote:
Where did you hear about March? I asked my dealer and they told me late January. I'm going to ask again on monday. Edit: I just...

mmcmx wrote:
Yeah i saw that too. Bummer.

But there is probably a reason for it. The helmet is called VFX-WR in Europe and VFX-EVO in North America, i wonder if there is actually some small differences?

The Shop

Tuna
1/20/2018 9:35am
Motofinne wrote:

mmcmx wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i saw that too. Bummer. But there is probably a reason for it. The helmet is called VFX-WR in Europe and VFX-EVO in North America...

But there is probably a reason for it. The helmet is called VFX-WR in Europe and VFX-EVO in North America, i wonder if there is actually some small differences?
One will be SNELL, one will be ECE.
Motofinne
1/20/2018 9:36am
mmcmx wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
Yeah i saw that too. Bummer. But there is probably a reason for it. The helmet is called VFX-WR in Europe and VFX-EVO in North America...

Tuna wrote:
One will be SNELL, one will be ECE.
Yeah that was what i was thinking.

I don't think any helmets here have the SNELL rating.
mmcmx
1/20/2018 9:59am
Motofinne wrote:

I'm hoping that will mean a few grams less.
Motofinne
1/20/2018 10:07am
Motofinne wrote:

mmcmx wrote:
I'm hoping that will mean a few grams less.
I would count on that!
Tuna
1/20/2018 10:27am
I only buy ECE helmets.

Post a reply to: About the new Shoei helmet.

The Latest