Acerbis Evo 3.0 Knee Guards?

Alec138
Edited Date/Time 11/5/2018 10:34am
Not sure where to post this but anyways I am interested in getting some new knee guards as braces are expensive and not a finacially wise decision as I am a weekend only rider currently.

I currently run the cheapo fox guards that are like $20-25. They work pretty good except after a season the straps are stretched to the moon. So Im looking at getting the $45 acerbis guards that look much better “protection wise” and comfort wise as well.

Anybody used or currently using them? List pros/cons. Thanks.
|
11/2/2018 6:42pm
I run the 2.0's. nice product. They offer enough protection and are comfortable. Really my only complaint is that you have to re-tighten the straps basically everytime you put them on
Alec138
11/2/2018 6:49pm
I run the 2.0's. nice product. They offer enough protection and are comfortable. Really my only complaint is that you have to re-tighten the straps basically...
I run the 2.0's. nice product. They offer enough protection and are comfortable. Really my only complaint is that you have to re-tighten the straps basically everytime you put them on
I overheard something about the 3.0s where you had to add a bolt and nut somewhere. Forgot what the guy said in the video i watched. Is there anyway to make the straps stay put after removal and how would you clean these? My fox ones now i just throw in the washer and let them air dry.
11/5/2018 10:34am
I run the 2.0's. nice product. They offer enough protection and are comfortable. Really my only complaint is that you have to re-tighten the straps basically...
Alec138 wrote:
I overheard something about the 3.0s where you had to add a bolt and nut somewhere. Forgot what the guy said in the video i watched...
I overheard something about the 3.0s where you had to add a bolt and nut somewhere. Forgot what the guy said in the video i watched. Is there anyway to make the straps stay put after removal and how would you clean these? My fox ones now i just throw in the washer and let them air dry.
I don't know what they actually changed for the 3.0 version. Maybe they fixed the issue.
You can also get the Acerbis Xstrong protectors instead of the impact evo. They look pretty similar but they use velcro instead of adjustable straps:

The padding of the impact evo is removable. I take them out and rinse them off in the shower. Then air dry and put back in.

Post a reply to: Acerbis Evo 3.0 Knee Guards?

The Latest