All new KTM 2016

tek14
7/10/2014 12:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/9/2016 12:27pm
There was interview of Herlings mechanic and some talk about all new bikes. They are now testing bikes between races and end of summer will have production versions. All will be new frame, motor and other desing... but he didnt tell if its alum frame and front air inlet motor. KTM done some alum frame (e-bike, freeride) and molded sub frames (husky). They have(WP) also air forks coming and maybe even airshock but could be too much on top of new desing.
|
tek14
7/10/2014 12:28pm
He also said JH will race AMA race Unadilla and might run last MXGPs (fly out races) on 350cc bike to see his speed against Cairoli and others in MXGP. They think he will lock up MX2 championship in Lommel before trip to Unadilla.
OnRails
7/10/2014 12:41pm
I believe you
crusher773
7/10/2014 12:46pm
Lets hope its not aluminum frame. Those things are terrible.
KlootZak
7/10/2014 1:27pm
I wonder what they will do with the Air Shock. Dungey tried first last year. Everything was great until it ran flat and then they never used it. This year they tried again in the first round but never raced with it (if I remember correctly).

The Shop

Madmax31
Fantasy
128th
7/10/2014 1:33pm
KlootZak wrote:
I wonder what they will do with the Air Shock. Dungey tried first last year. Everything was great until it ran flat and then they never...
I wonder what they will do with the Air Shock. Dungey tried first last year. Everything was great until it ran flat and then they never used it. This year they tried again in the first round but never raced with it (if I remember correctly).
I'm pretty sure Short ran it all year.
Olson
7/10/2014 1:34pm
Short still uses it.
gpracer36
7/10/2014 1:41pm
I was told the 16 will have the air fork, this was just yesterday
RM127
7/10/2014 2:08pm
They just came out with the 4C forks on the SX models.

Does it make sense that they would switch to air so soon?
mw21784
7/10/2014 2:11pm
Any link to the interview
gpracer36
7/10/2014 2:19pm
RM127 wrote:
They just came out with the 4C forks on the SX models.

Does it make sense that they would switch to air so soon?
actually yes, the 4C fork has been out on other models and will continue on the off road bikes. The SX bikes will switch to air. The 4C forks are not new technology, just different, a sideway move for this year. Air is hear to stay. Like I said though, off road bikes will continue developing the 4C
RandyS
7/10/2014 2:38pm
So if there's an all new 16, I wonder if Dungey and Anderson will be on it at A1?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
7/10/2014 2:44pm
RandyS wrote:
So if there's an all new 16, I wonder if Dungey and Anderson will be on it at A1?
I believe the new factory edition for a1 will be the 16 bike. But Anderson will be on a Husky not KTM.
level
7/10/2014 2:46pm
I see KTM leading the way in advancement of dirt bike technology. They are moving along fast while the others are kind of lagging and I believe this is so because KTM focuses very heavily and mostly on MX bikes where the others are involved in all kinds of different products.
rosebud441
7/10/2014 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2014 3:24pm
Yeah, But i hear Honda is coming out with a new weed whacker, cannot wait.. Things gonna rip

Actually in real life, my new Honda pressure washer is the shizzle, they have there priorities straight, Ha
es337
7/10/2014 3:29pm
level wrote:
I see KTM leading the way in advancement of dirt bike technology. They are moving along fast while the others are kind of lagging and I...
I see KTM leading the way in advancement of dirt bike technology. They are moving along fast while the others are kind of lagging and I believe this is so because KTM focuses very heavily and mostly on MX bikes where the others are involved in all kinds of different products.
i think yamaha would like a word with you...
rosebud441
7/10/2014 3:32pm
level wrote:
I see KTM leading the way in advancement of dirt bike technology. They are moving along fast while the others are kind of lagging and I...
es337 wrote:
Yamaha is weird.. Piano's, drums, and motorcycles...

But hey, Husky makes sewing machines too,
OriolMassot
7/10/2014 4:48pm
level wrote:
es337 wrote:
rosebud441 wrote:

Hey man, what's wrong with drums? They make such a very good product!

But I ended up buying a Roland set, haha!
neverwas
Fantasy
868th
7/10/2014 5:09pm
level wrote:
es337 wrote:
rosebud441 wrote:

Yamaha made pianos well before making motorcycles,They make all kinds of products.When I was in Japan I saw Yamaha bathroom fixtures also made high end inlaid wood dash and trim work for Lexus.
TeamGreen
7/10/2014 5:14pm
KlootZak wrote:
I wonder what they will do with the Air Shock. Dungey tried first last year. Everything was great until it ran flat and then they never...
Madmax31 wrote:
Running it this year and it's too soon for it to see production.
Azcrf331
7/10/2014 6:12pm
Yamaha rocks for the little kids.

Yamaha JR 50- bullet proof- been around forever-runs forever.
Yamaha JR1 steel string-best value 3/4 guitar made today-very good 3/4 guitar for kids at a very good price. Nice thin neck.
mx965
7/10/2014 7:54pm
es337 wrote:
rosebud441 wrote:

Hey man, what's wrong with drums? They make such a very good product!

But I ended up buying a Roland set, haha!
Literally just bought a PDP cx this week lol.
ob
7/10/2014 8:24pm
If you wana see the new Ktm just go to Glen Helen, Mike Sleeter is riding it every week. Steel frame, different bodywork looks way lower, different motor, not sure about the suspension. I'm a KTM guy and notice this crap. But it's right there in plain sight, and looks really good.
early
Fantasy
2139th
7/10/2014 8:31pm
rosebud441 wrote:

Played a Yamaha tenor saxophone in high school. Thing played SMOOOOOOOOTH!!!!!!!!
7/10/2014 10:34pm
KlootZak wrote:
Madmax31 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Running it this year and it's too soon for it to see production.
Too soon for production but it can't get here fast enuff.

I hate that I have to get my suspension re-sprung every damn time I buy a new bike. I'm not that picky about the oil/valving cause I think modern suspension is pretty damn nice for the weekend warrior but dammit if I got the wrong springs for my weight.
Vanilla
7/11/2014 12:41am

There are a 2 or 3 guys riding these bikes in Belgium and The Netherlands. I did not get a good look when they were at a track where i was riding but you could immediately see the bike was completely different from the '15 models.
tek14
7/11/2014 1:54am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2014 1:55am
Motor looks way different like water pump. Frame doesnt look that much different.
Do they run AirForks?
brimx153
7/11/2014 3:00am
level wrote:
ktm are leading advancement with dirt bikes , by adding an air fork for 16, when crf and kxf would of had it 3 yrs earlier , they are still using a steel frame , which is vey old tec , and were the last 450 to go fi , but yet KTM are the ones leading advancement ? they d be better off stay old tec anyway , there nothing wrong with a steel frame ,air forks are a nightmare , the only good advancement has been fi ,which Suzuki came out with first , took ktm 4 yrs later , dont see ,ktm ever being a Yamaha , who have been the ones to really lead tec ,ie, 4 stroke, reversing cylinder , and all of this has been done before , nothing new tec
BobPA
7/11/2014 4:45am
brimx153 wrote:
ktm are leading advancement with dirt bikes , by adding an air fork for 16, when crf and kxf would of had it 3 yrs earlier...
ktm are leading advancement with dirt bikes , by adding an air fork for 16, when crf and kxf would of had it 3 yrs earlier , they are still using a steel frame , which is vey old tec , and were the last 450 to go fi , but yet KTM are the ones leading advancement ? they d be better off stay old tec anyway , there nothing wrong with a steel frame ,air forks are a nightmare , the only good advancement has been fi ,which Suzuki came out with first , took ktm 4 yrs later , dont see ,ktm ever being a Yamaha , who have been the ones to really lead tec ,ie, 4 stroke, reversing cylinder , and all of this has been done before , nothing new tec
What about the electric start, hydraulic clutch, fat bars stock, no tool required for air filters, a 350cc "outside the box" bike, amazing brembo brakes, billet triple clamps...if you can't see that KTM is pushing to be the best you are just blind. Although I see in every post you hate on KTM's...so I'm sure all this goes in one ear and out the other.

I'm still not sold on the whole yamaha engine design...or yamaha's in general. They are consistently my least favorite bikes 2 stroke or 4. They just have a bulky, unbalanced feel, and my god are they UGLY.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2779th
7/11/2014 4:49am
BobPA wrote:
What about the electric start, hydraulic clutch, fat bars stock, no tool required for air filters, a 350cc "outside the box" bike, amazing brembo brakes, billet...
What about the electric start, hydraulic clutch, fat bars stock, no tool required for air filters, a 350cc "outside the box" bike, amazing brembo brakes, billet triple clamps...if you can't see that KTM is pushing to be the best you are just blind. Although I see in every post you hate on KTM's...so I'm sure all this goes in one ear and out the other.

I'm still not sold on the whole yamaha engine design...or yamaha's in general. They are consistently my least favorite bikes 2 stroke or 4. They just have a bulky, unbalanced feel, and my god are they UGLY.
Dunno, sounds like the air-in-front/exhaust-out-back arrangement is the way to go, especially on the 250F

Post a reply to: All new KTM 2016

The Latest