All new KTM 2016

Flip109
9/24/2014 1:21pm
Im digging that new back fender. The last few years look like shit. If they got them to handle even better with the new frame they will be leader of the pack IMO.
endurox
9/24/2014 2:14pm
gpracer36 wrote:
cracks me up some people think because they don't have an aluminum frame that they are old school. The jap bikes are monkey see monkey do...
cracks me up some people think because they don't have an aluminum frame that they are old school. The jap bikes are monkey see monkey do. That is why they all have aluminum frames. They are rigid, heavy and bulky. Ask a legit suspension tuner about steel vrs aluminum. PITA stiff. For 99% of the riders out there, steel is better. It flexes, weighs less. KTM sells to that 99%, that is why they will stay with steel frames. They don't give a crap about what the jap guys are doing. Seems to be working.
totally agree with you. The 2015 KAWI sx 450 actually weighs more than the electric start KTM 450 SX-F. When the 2016 KTM sx bikes come with air forks, chop even more weight off the pumpkin.
domoguchi
9/24/2014 3:35pm
Go to a GNCC and tell me what bike people like to buy/ride ...It's a freakin sea of Orange out there.....over 1000 bikes at the Unadilla GNCC the last few years and you can count the Jap bikes on one hand. lemming maybe , I say they can't all be wrong.
KTM makes a solid bike and has more offering offroad than anyone else. Smart businessmen , giving the people what they want across all disciplines of the dirt....I support those who support what I want and not what they demand I like. I drive a Chevy too.
Flame away ! I'll be out riding my Puch MX twin Carb....
9/24/2014 3:43pm
domoguchi wrote:
Go to a GNCC and tell me what bike people like to buy/ride ...It's a freakin sea of Orange out there.....over 1000 bikes at the Unadilla...
Go to a GNCC and tell me what bike people like to buy/ride ...It's a freakin sea of Orange out there.....over 1000 bikes at the Unadilla GNCC the last few years and you can count the Jap bikes on one hand. lemming maybe , I say they can't all be wrong.
KTM makes a solid bike and has more offering offroad than anyone else. Smart businessmen , giving the people what they want across all disciplines of the dirt....I support those who support what I want and not what they demand I like. I drive a Chevy too.
I agree there are tons of KTM's at GNCC races, But "you can count the jap bikes on one hand" is a completely false and over exaggerated statement, I go to Steele Creek, BIg Buck and Loretta's every year, and there are tons of "Jap" bikes, Not to mention the ATV's on Saturday's. I would say there are as many "Jap" bikes, as there are KTM's !

The Shop

domoguchi
9/24/2014 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2014 4:04pm
domoguchi wrote:
Go to a GNCC and tell me what bike people like to buy/ride ...It's a freakin sea of Orange out there.....over 1000 bikes at the Unadilla...
I agree there are tons of KTM's at GNCC races, But "you can count the jap bikes on one hand" is a completely false and over...
I agree there are tons of KTM's at GNCC races, But "you can count the jap bikes on one hand" is a completely false and over exaggerated statement, I go to Steele Creek, BIg Buck and Loretta's every year, and there are tons of "Jap" bikes, Not to mention the ATV's on Saturday's. I would say there are as many "Jap" bikes, as there are KTM's !
Yeah, I wasn't being literal. I was making a point that the Jap bikes are out numbered 10 to 1 by KTM's.all those guys and gals are experienced buyers looking to a brand that offers what they want to spend their collective dollars on....there is no sense arguing with you on this, ATV's don't count , they are out of context in this discussion. Simply go to the GNCC results page and count the brands of bike being ridden and then give me some facts. I am sure you will find I am correct. I have the actual data to prove my point..Do the research and supply facts to back your claims.
9/24/2014 4:24pm
Flip109 wrote:
Im digging that new back fender. The last few years look like shit. If they got them to handle even better with the new frame they...
Im digging that new back fender. The last few years look like shit. If they got them to handle even better with the new frame they will be leader of the pack IMO.
Closer look
domoguchi
9/24/2014 4:34pm
WOW, That escalated quickly, I didn't mean to offend you domocoochie !
You took that all wrong man. It's only dirt bike BS , not offended at all .....Sorry if it appeared that way to you.
Peace brother....
domoguchi
9/24/2014 4:39pm
Flip109 wrote:
Im digging that new back fender. The last few years look like shit. If they got them to handle even better with the new frame they...
Closer look [img]https://sportplaatje.nl/upload/2014/09/07/20140907142022-471e4207.jpg[/img]
Closer look
Looks like they finally gave you a place to put your hand when you lift the bike ....Cutting edge stuff......I like the looks of the plastics and the curved cradle frame geometry...
9/24/2014 4:48pm
domoguchi wrote:
You took that all wrong man. It's only dirt bike BS , not offended at all .....Sorry if it appeared that way to you.
Peace brother....
I was just going back and forth with you too dude, Have a good one, I was really hoping to get at least a response to the domocoochie, I know it was juvenile, but it was pretty funny !!! LOL
9/24/2014 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/24/2014 4:51pm
Back to the KTM's, I've been about to pull the trigger for a month on a 15 KTM 450, But if the 15 1/2 Special Edition is going to be completely new, I may just keep riding the ol YZ 250 a few more months !
Cashmore
9/24/2014 9:00pm
Looks like the Husqvarna rear end
tek14
9/25/2014 4:46am
KTM will go fat 20" at front Wink
Head tube looks high compared to other frame and tank.
KTM 250f just weight full tank of fuel more than any Japan bike.. hope they will fix that soon.
HenryA
9/25/2014 7:05am
MxKing809 wrote:
Back plates look like 09-13 Hondas
Sort of yeah... or like a mix up between the Honda and the previous KTM design (07-10)
O___o
9/25/2014 8:35am
you can probably count on them all having the Husky one piece polycarbonate subframe-airbox combo.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/25/2014 11:22am
Grizz wrote:
[img]https://i.gyazo.com/7263e2414b66b360ca1b8cb81f78ec64.png[/img] lol

lol
Yeah, that's funny. Smile
Katoomey
9/25/2014 2:17pm
level wrote:
I see KTM leading the way in advancement of dirt bike technology. They are moving along fast while the others are kind of lagging and I...
I see KTM leading the way in advancement of dirt bike technology. They are moving along fast while the others are kind of lagging and I believe this is so because KTM focuses very heavily and mostly on MX bikes where the others are involved in all kinds of different products.
well, your trying to compare apples to oranges. oranges to oranges and your argument is spot on. but Honda is not an Orange.

Yeah, Yamaha and Honda are involved in many things. but...that would only be relevant if you knew how much resources they put into just MX. My guess is they still have more people employed and spend more money developing and manufacturing dirtbikes than KTM ever will.

Lets say KTM uses 90% of it's resources on MX. Now lets say Honda only uses 5% of it's resources on MX. I'd bet 5% of Honda dwarves 90% of KTM.

In fact, this is exactly why KTM can change designs and manufacturing techniques fastetr than the other big 4- because they are so small and nimble...
thorns
9/25/2014 2:20pm
Anyone think we will see air forks, and air shocks on the new model? Or are the air shocks still a work in progress for production use?
Katoomey
9/25/2014 2:21pm
WOW, That escalated quickly, I didn't mean to offend you domocoochie !
you called him a liar and a story teller. how is that NOT offensive. ...even though you are right and he is tiny bit full of shit. lol!
Katoomey
9/25/2014 2:31pm
thorns wrote:
Anyone think we will see air forks, and air shocks on the new model? Or are the air shocks still a work in progress for production...
Anyone think we will see air forks, and air shocks on the new model? Or are the air shocks still a work in progress for production use?
It's hard to tell. I work for Arctic Cat, who has a strong working relationship with Fox, the leader in air shock technology, and the people above me and their colleagues at Fox are definitely paying attention to WP in relation to the many patents filed in this country in the last 3 years. In fact, we're all very surprised WP has not released an air spring product yet.
10/10/2014 4:25am

Here ladies. The photos aint mine. Some dude from Belgium who posted this on facebook,it was taken at some sandtrack , everts and the ktm factory was there. without permission and he was a photographer. Kinda bad move of him in my opinion.

But there you go probably the new 2016 model.
O___o
10/10/2014 4:48am
that actually looks like a 20x1.75 front rim.

I wonder which tire manfacturer they dragged back into the 20in tire market, if that is a 20? Can't quite tell.
Fearo
10/10/2014 6:51am
Old news, Cairoli and Dungey have been hammering their '16s for over a month now I would think.

10/10/2014 6:57am
we know they have, or i knew atleast. Just that there wasnt to many pictures out there. But thats cool. I love the bew bikes.
Markopolo400
10/10/2014 7:28am
Back to the old days of tiny weird shaped KTM rear number plates!
O___o
10/10/2014 7:31am
looks to me like they did go to the husky style 1-piece poly subframe/airbox. I can hear them now...

"gad dern piece uh chit ktms got dem tupperware subframes, can't git parts fer em! piece uh chit!"
Olson
10/10/2014 7:54am
O___o wrote:
looks to me like they did go to the husky style 1-piece poly subframe/airbox. I can hear them now... "gad dern piece uh chit ktms got...
looks to me like they did go to the husky style 1-piece poly subframe/airbox. I can hear them now...

"gad dern piece uh chit ktms got dem tupperware subframes, can't git parts fer em! piece uh chit!"
You're an idiot.
O___o
10/10/2014 7:56am
O___o wrote:
looks to me like they did go to the husky style 1-piece poly subframe/airbox. I can hear them now... "gad dern piece uh chit ktms got...

Olson wrote:
You're an idiot.
You don't understand my post because English is not your first language, and you do not live in the United States. If you did, and frequented tracks here, you'd understand.

But, as always, Stay Classy Europeans.
10/10/2014 8:03am
O___o wrote:

Olson wrote:
You're an idiot.
O___o wrote:
You don't understand my post because English is not your first language, and you do not live in the United States. If you did, and frequented...
You don't understand my post because English is not your first language, and you do not live in the United States. If you did, and frequented tracks here, you'd understand.

But, as always, Stay Classy Europeans.
Dude, it says you live in Canada, what are you talking about if you lived in the United States. Olson is right on point!

Post a reply to: All new KTM 2016

The Latest