Alpinestars SM-10

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 10/3/2018 4:47am
Anyone on here running the SM-10? I'm due for a new lid and I'm between the 6D ATR2 and the Alpinestars SM-10. I know 6D makes super solid helmets but I love the way the SM-10 looks. I can't find one to try on and don't know of anybody that has one, so if anyone on here was able to get a hold of one what do you think of it so far?
|
JD167
10/2/2018 1:36pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Spooner had one in his possession. Maybe he'll chime in.

https://m.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Alpinestars-Supertech-M10-…
Thanks dude! Don't know how I missed that thread lol. I hope my local dealer gets some in before too long, I want to pull the trigger on a 2XL but I have a weird head and some XL helmets work fine but for the most part I have to run XXL's.
Spooner
10/2/2018 3:07pm
This helmet actually works pretty well for ‘odd’ shaped heads haha! With the ability to adjust the helmet with the A-head system you can tune in the fit quite effectively. Sizing wise they are basically true to size with most other brands or run just slightly large if anything. The main complaint I get is if the person has a very skinny face the cheek pads need to be a little thicker. The crown fits really well though.

What color are you looking for? I have a lot of dealers stocking them so I could probably track down what you’re looking for. Going off your description I’d go with the xl.
Spooner
10/2/2018 3:11pm
Here is the size chart. I just measured my head and I’m at 22.5” and wear a medium so the chart is pretty accurate it seems.

The Shop

str8line
10/2/2018 3:15pm

Check out the cross-sectioned new 6D, you can look inside the cut apart helmet to see the changes they've made for safety and venting. The changes are not small. Wicked helmet.
Rabbit
10/2/2018 3:19pm
Anonymous wrote:
Anyone on here running the SM-10? I'm due for a new lid and I'm between the 6D ATR2 and the Alpinestars SM-10. I know 6D makes...
Anyone on here running the SM-10? I'm due for a new lid and I'm between the 6D ATR2 and the Alpinestars SM-10. I know 6D makes super solid helmets but I love the way the SM-10 looks. I can't find one to try on and don't know of anybody that has one, so if anyone on here was able to get a hold of one what do you think of it so far?
I did a review on one just last week. I liked it!

JD167
10/3/2018 4:32am
Spooner wrote:
This helmet actually works pretty well for ‘odd’ shaped heads haha! With the ability to adjust the helmet with the A-head system you can tune in...
This helmet actually works pretty well for ‘odd’ shaped heads haha! With the ability to adjust the helmet with the A-head system you can tune in the fit quite effectively. Sizing wise they are basically true to size with most other brands or run just slightly large if anything. The main complaint I get is if the person has a very skinny face the cheek pads need to be a little thicker. The crown fits really well though.

What color are you looking for? I have a lot of dealers stocking them so I could probably track down what you’re looking for. Going off your description I’d go with the xl.
Hell yeah! I like the grey and neon yellow or the plain white one.
JD167
10/3/2018 4:34am
Anonymous wrote:
Anyone on here running the SM-10? I'm due for a new lid and I'm between the 6D ATR2 and the Alpinestars SM-10. I know 6D makes...
Rabbit wrote:
I did a review on one just last week. I liked it!

Thanks man I'll check it out.
Spooner
10/3/2018 4:47am
Spooner wrote:
This helmet actually works pretty well for ‘odd’ shaped heads haha! With the ability to adjust the helmet with the A-head system you can tune in...

JD167 wrote:
Hell yeah! I like the grey and neon yellow or the plain white one.
Cool, check out the size chart and double check your measurements and I’ll track one down for you.

I have the hi-viz and grey for my personal one and it’s quite nice

Post a reply to: Alpinestars SM-10

The Latest