Alta Motors signs Nate Adams

mark911
11/23/2017 12:26am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2017 11:05am
Professional freestyle will never be the same! Too bad there's still no AMA legal class. https://motocross.transworld.net/news/nate-adams-family-fmx-future/
|
Crush
11/23/2017 1:02am
That's pretty cool!
TsmithMX
11/23/2017 4:13am
awesome! I'm so pumped for the future. I'll get to have my 5 or 10 acres with a track and won't have to be in BFE!
Zoom
11/23/2017 5:47am Edited Date/Time 11/23/2017 5:47am
mark911 wrote:
Professional freestyle will never be the same! Too bad there's still no AMA legal class. https://motocross.transworld.net/news/nate-adams-family-fmx-future/
The Alta Redshift is legal for AMA amateur racing, in any "open cc" class. So that would make it legal in any Vet classes along with any 450 classes.

Still not approved for AMA pro racing.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
11/23/2017 9:07am
I see one of these racing with gas engines a very dangerous thing. I'm all for them but, how would you know if someone was on one was next to you in the air? Or someone was in the way when you cut down? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

The Shop

KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
11/23/2017 10:41am
I see one of these racing with gas engines a very dangerous thing. I'm all for them but, how would you know if someone was on...
I see one of these racing with gas engines a very dangerous thing. I'm all for them but, how would you know if someone was on one was next to you in the air? Or someone was in the way when you cut down? Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
They aren't completely silent. There is wheel, chain, and a motor buzz.

Also it's kind of like riding mountain bikes, you can hear them coming. It's just not at 96db+.
11/23/2017 12:31pm
Zoom wrote:
The Alta Redshift is legal for AMA amateur racing, in any "open cc" class. So that would make it legal in any Vet classes along with...
The Alta Redshift is legal for AMA amateur racing, in any "open cc" class. So that would make it legal in any Vet classes along with any 450 classes.

Still not approved for AMA pro racing.
Thats a bit bullshit considering its more even eith a 250f....Oh hang on its the ama we are dealing with
Cygrace74
11/23/2017 12:59pm
I see one of these racing with gas engines a very dangerous thing. I'm all for them but, how would you know if someone was on...
I'm known for revving my bike a lot, and in open practice and racing I still have people not know I'm there, it doesn't make a difference. People aren't as aware as you hope they are
The Candyman
11/23/2017 1:12pm
Not know your there!? Wtf lol.. If your worried about that you may be in the wrong practice/race session/class, or might wanna stick to single trail, or maybe just buy some fruit booters. Not trying to be rude but c'mon.
Motofinne
11/23/2017 1:17pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2017 1:19pm
They aren't completely silent. There is wheel, chain, and a motor buzz. Also it's kind of like riding mountain bikes, you can hear them coming. It's...

Also it's kind of like riding mountain bikes, you can hear them coming. It's just not at 96db+.
The problem is when they are at the track with traditional bikes. It's probably impossible to hear the E-bikes out there. I know that i have heard lots of people that have rode the Alta mention it. I don't know how that could be fixed, the traditional MX bike will always be so much louder.

Some kind of horn can't be the solution.
Brad460
Fantasy
807th
11/23/2017 1:45pm
TsmithMX wrote:
awesome! I'm so pumped for the future. I'll get to have my 5 or 10 acres with a track and won't have to be in BFE!
My house is on 5 acres and have plenty of room for a track, but I have neighbors close enough that I would not irritate them with my 450...just not yet ready to drop the $14k for an Alta...my concern is that I spend $14k on an Alta and within a year or two it is obselete and worth nothing on resale.

Going to wait another year or two..
NVA57
Fantasy
1742nd
11/23/2017 1:50pm
They aren't completely silent. There is wheel, chain, and a motor buzz. Also it's kind of like riding mountain bikes, you can hear them coming. It's...

Motofinne wrote:
The problem is when they are at the track with traditional bikes. It's probably impossible to hear the E-bikes out there. I know that i have...
The problem is when they are at the track with traditional bikes. It's probably impossible to hear the E-bikes out there. I know that i have heard lots of people that have rode the Alta mention it. I don't know how that could be fixed, the traditional MX bike will always be so much louder.

I always race with earbuds in so I never hear other riders. I have never hit someone in the air or in corners so imo it’s bullshit to say it’s dangerous because they are silent.
RPM68
11/23/2017 2:05pm
You can’t hear my 250 2 stroke against 450’s

https://youtu.be/aU7WXwE548Y
bama205
11/23/2017 2:52pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2017 2:53pm

Motofinne wrote:
The problem is when they are at the track with traditional bikes. It's probably impossible to hear the E-bikes out there. I know that i have...

Dear god people. We can't make everything perfect and safe. Quit trying to regulate everything and fix every problem and non problem. We are talking about a sport people are hurling 200lbs bikes through the air
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
11/23/2017 2:58pm
RPM68 wrote:
You can’t hear my 250 2 stroke against 450’s

https://youtu.be/aU7WXwE548Y
"Whooooo! I didn't get lapped" lol
10000hrs
11/23/2017 3:07pm
Well, I aint buying an Alta till I know it can back flip reliably.
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
11/23/2017 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2017 3:21pm
Situational awareness is a definite necessity when it comes to motocross. Without it, injuries and yard sales are surely likely to happen on the track. If you're not situationally aware of there being bikes around you while on an MX track, you need to work on opening your senses when you're out there. I always know if there's someone around me, doesn't matter what they're on.

That one clip of Wharton clipping that guy's arm was all Blake's fault, I will say. He shouldn't be coming that close to people while going that much faster on the Alta. However, things like that do happen often with riders on gas powered machines, I feel it's not fair to single Alta out in this respect as contact/collisions are part of riding.
RPM68
11/23/2017 4:50pm
10000hrs wrote:
You’re the true hero here. Lmao
Lightning78
11/23/2017 6:36pm
10000hrs wrote:
RPM68 wrote:
You’re the true hero here. Lmao
Shit my biggest concern is what happens when a backflip does the bike run out of electricity when it's upside down ? LOL
Jeff alessi
11/23/2017 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 11/23/2017 7:23pm

Motofinne wrote:

NVA57 wrote:
I always race with earbuds in so I never hear other riders. I have never hit someone in the air or in corners so imo it’s...
I always race with earbuds in so I never hear other riders. I have never hit someone in the air or in corners so imo it’s bullshit to say it’s dangerous because they are silent.
How about the fact if your racing on a silent bike you should hear your surrounding very good. I for one react and look when I hear another riding coming up the inside of me entering a corner, and I would most likely feel the sound of a bike better on a silent bike when setting up for a jump, rather then the sound I can hear on a revving engine under me. I get it that a guy can sneak up on you but you couldn’t judge the affects of understanding your surroundings better with a louder bike, the silent bike is better for that situation. Eventually tho electric and gas will have to be separated because performance is completely different, even if one is better then the other. It won’t go down like 2 stroke 4 stroke did. Right now electric isn’t going anywhere because the big company’s won’t piblically compete with it, ktm has electric bikes for your kid right now no body talks about, it’s very competitive with adults pros on them from what I’ve seen but the general concession is those manufacturers don’t like that direction. Watch what they do.
Rhino
11/23/2017 7:39pm
FMX really sucked with the sound of 4 strokes. Silent FMX, well, have you ever watched a freestyle BMX show? It's cool, if you can stand the shit loud music they play over the loudspeakers because there isn't any BRAAAP.

That Formula E racing, holy shit is that uninspiring.

sherro24
11/23/2017 10:35pm
races in city parks, now that would be cool
11/24/2017 4:09pm
TsmithMX wrote:
We owned 10 acres and were never bothered when riding and lived 3 minutes from town.
Coyote
11/24/2017 6:49pm
Yeah. Hearing other bikes and stuff. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/23/227180/s1200_IMG_3429.jpg[/img]
Yeah. Hearing other bikes and stuff.

friggin lol, says it all here....best response of the decade!!!
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
11/24/2017 7:54pm Edited Date/Time 11/24/2017 7:55pm
Not know your there!? Wtf lol.. If your worried about that you may be in the wrong practice/race session/class, or might wanna stick to single trail...
Not know your there!? Wtf lol.. If your worried about that you may be in the wrong practice/race session/class, or might wanna stick to single trail, or maybe just buy some fruit booters. Not trying to be rude but c'mon.
Correct, at your speed/level, it might not be much of a conversation, but for the big boys who go fast and tight...it could be problem.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
11/24/2017 8:46pm
Yeah. Hearing other bikes and stuff. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/11/23/227180/s1200_IMG_3429.jpg[/img]
Yeah. Hearing other bikes and stuff.

Coyote wrote:
friggin lol, says it all here....best response of the decade!!!
That girl is incredible. I've heard many top guys say, they don't know how she does it.
RangerLee
11/25/2017 5:08am
It is funny how some people are so against the Alta, instead of seeing another dirt bike option, they see a threat.

It does open up the possibilities to more riding options. For some that will not matter, for others that have to drive an hour to find a decent riding place, it is a big deal.

On the MX track, there are those racing just fine with the Alta and we get a nice race amatur report right here on this message board every now and then from a 40+/50+ racer and the big take away from him, he has ridden more this year than another other year.

If you are worried about it being "dangerous" for the pros, well that is going to be the least of their worries.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
11/25/2017 8:30am
I love the Alta. I think it's great.
Johnny Depp
11/25/2017 9:49am
I was out on the trails at Spoaks MX last weekend at the Fly Funday and I thought I heard something, like a bike way behind me. It was Riley Johnson on the Alta from TJ's Cycles, and he was still a ways back when I saw him, so you can hear them. Of course it wasn't on the track. I barely rode the bike in the pits, and my takeaways from about a minute was how smooth the first few inches of forward motion were, and that there actually was more "gear" sound than I had expected. It's worth noting that most Hybrid cars have some sort of noise maker, since they are so quiet that pedestrians will walk right in front of them, kinda like a golf cart.

Post a reply to: Alta Motors signs Nate Adams

The Latest