Always wondered about this - Matthes vs. THahn

bradnelson
Edited Date/Time 3/26/2016 1:40am
This is from a couple weeks ago. Sorry, if it's already been discussed.

Here's Steve's side:

http://racerxonline.com/2016/03/09/observations-daytona

18 47 Thomas Hahn Decatur, TX- Hahn’s not a fan of me for reasons I’m not quite sure about but he told me a long time ago to never talk about him again and since I’ve had a couple of “issues” with him off the track, I’m perfectly happy to grant him his wish.
|
3/23/2016 12:03pm
Just as I was gonna post, Mc Hammer came on the radio...Dun dun dun dun dun ...Cant touch this...Dun dun dun dun dun dun Ya cant touch this. My oh my...
davistld01
3/23/2016 12:05pm
bradnelson wrote:
This is from a couple weeks ago. Sorry, if it's already been discussed. Here's Steve's side: http://racerxonline.com/2016/03/09/observations-daytona 18 47 Thomas Hahn Decatur, TX- Hahn’s not a...

Here's Steve's side:

18 47 Thomas Hahn Decatur, TX- Hahn’s not a fan of me for reasons I’m not quite sure about but he told me a long time ago to never talk about him again and since I’ve had a couple of “issues” with him off the track, I’m perfectly happy to grant him his wish.
Matthes has probably rubbed some people wrong in his climb from moto-wrench to pseudo moto-commentator...and he very likely did that with Tommy somewhere along the line. He may have said something to Tommy, or written something about him that Steve thought was funny...and it wasn't funny at all to Tommy, so he told Steve to STFU for real. I'm not a huge Matthes fan, but stuff happens.
Troy
3/23/2016 12:08pm
Doesn't it stem back to the comment he made about some guys not being able to win a main event?
The same comment that pissed of Mason and Chris Blose.
kkawboy14
3/23/2016 12:53pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2016 12:53pm
Troy wrote:
Doesn't it stem back to the comment he made about some guys not being able to win a main event? The same comment that pissed of...
Doesn't it stem back to the comment he made about some guys not being able to win a main event?
Yeah, Mason, Blose and Hahn have a real shot at winning mains......

The Shop

BobPA
3/23/2016 12:55pm
Troy wrote:
Doesn't it stem back to the comment he made about some guys not being able to win a main event? The same comment that pissed of...
kkawboy14 wrote:
Better shot than you or I....
shuggs
3/23/2016 12:57pm
Troy wrote:
Really??? Hope not as a bit dose of reality doesnt hurt anyone come on they are not 5 year olds - if anything it should have been a bit more motivation to improve.
peelout
3/23/2016 1:02pm
Troy wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
while that's absolutely true, it just speaks volumes to the fragile ego of motocross racers.
3/23/2016 1:07pm
it not right that Matthes uses his media outlet to belittle people like Hahn, Grant, Diavolos and Sleeter, when they have no outlet to answer his digs, doing it person to person is fair game, but through a media outlet, come on, It definitely damages these riders in the public's perception.,
moto0852
3/23/2016 1:07pm
bradnelson wrote:
This is from a couple weeks ago. Sorry, if it's already been discussed. Here's Steve's side: http://racerxonline.com/2016/03/09/observations-daytona 18 47 Thomas Hahn Decatur, TX- Hahn’s not a...

Here's Steve's side:

davistld01 wrote:
Matthes has probably rubbed some people wrong in his climb from moto-wrench to pseudo moto-commentator...and he very likely did that with Tommy somewhere along the line...
Matthes has probably rubbed some people wrong in his climb from moto-wrench to pseudo moto-commentator...and he very likely did that with Tommy somewhere along the line. He may have said something to Tommy, or written something about him that Steve thought was funny...and it wasn't funny at all to Tommy, so he told Steve to STFU for real. I'm not a huge Matthes fan, but stuff happens.
This. Steve made some comments on Tommy's results once which he took offense to. Steve said "if you'd prefer I just wont mention you at all" to which Tommy said "fine".
hvaughn88
3/23/2016 1:12pm
it not right that Matthes uses his media outlet to belittle people like Hahn, Grant, Diavolos and Sleeter, when they have no outlet to answer his...
it not right that Matthes uses his media outlet to belittle people like Hahn, Grant, Diavolos and Sleeter, when they have no outlet to answer his digs, doing it person to person is fair game, but through a media outlet, come on, It definitely damages these riders in the public's perception.,
They could go on his show. Hanny did. Hill does. Both riders have not been too pumped on him at times and they came on the show.
moto0852
3/23/2016 1:25pm
it not right that Matthes uses his media outlet to belittle people like Hahn, Grant, Diavolos and Sleeter, when they have no outlet to answer his...
hvaughn88 wrote:
They could go on his show. Hanny did. Hill does. Both riders have not been too pumped on him at times and they came on the...
They could go on his show. Hanny did. Hill does. Both riders have not been too pumped on him at times and they came on the show.
Yup...you obviously don't listen to the show. Steve would more than welcome all of them onto the show to "give there side" in fact, he's offered it on many occasions.

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
3/23/2016 1:32pm
Does it really? Come on! These guys need to wipe the sand out of the vagina. Calling it like you see it is what people want to hear. Millsaps comes on there and "tunes" Steve up all the time.
Dezerted
3/23/2016 1:38pm
If you can't take people criticizing you then maybe you shouldn't compete in a professional sport which is televised to thousands of households.. Pretty thin skinned if you ask me
MXD
3/23/2016 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2016 1:55pm
Like a few above me have said, whether they like Steve or not, I'm sure he would give them an open forum on his show to discuss it. I don't think I've ever seen him deny that to anyone. He might not be liked by some but he definitely seems fair in that regard.
kkawboy14
3/23/2016 1:56pm
Troy wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
I doubt it....
kkawboy14
3/23/2016 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2016 1:59pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
BobPA wrote:
peelout wrote:
while that's absolutely true, it just speaks volumes to the fragile ego of motocross racers.
Exactly! It didn't even hurt my feelings that he said I couldn't win a main.....
davistld01
3/23/2016 2:02pm
BobPA wrote:
peelout wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
Exactly! It didn't even hurt my feelings that he said I couldn't win a main.....
Damn right! It never hurts my feelings when people say that about me either.
cwtoyota
3/23/2016 2:04pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
They could go on his show. Hanny did. Hill does. Both riders have not been too pumped on him at times and they came on the...
moto0852 wrote:
Yup...you obviously don't listen to the show. Steve would more than welcome all of them onto the show to "give there side" in fact, he's offered...
Yup...you obviously don't listen to the show. Steve would more than welcome all of them onto the show to "give there side" in fact, he's offered it on many occasions.

When Steve had those riders on the show he treated them as well as any other guest.

Hill was on there this week and it sounded to me like Steve was genuinely interested in the conversation with Hill and what he's doing these days.

3/23/2016 2:05pm
Does it really? Come on! These guys need to wipe the sand out of the vagina. Calling it like you see it is what people want...
Does it really? Come on! These guys need to wipe the sand out of the vagina. Calling it like you see it is what people want to hear. Millsaps comes on there and "tunes" Steve up all the time.
I guess you could say Matthes partiallygives constructive criticism towards Diavolos. But calling people dirtbags and such does what?
This thread is about why does Matthes call out Tommy Hahn and whats their beaf. "Nobody knows",
so is that journalism? and objective view of the sport? an opinion about what? Cheap digs, I would suggest Matthes has sand in his vagina,

Mini Elsinore
3/23/2016 2:11pm
I've talked to few guys who say that THahn is "difficult". These same guys rave about WHahn. That said, THahn was awesome with younger riders who flocked around him back in his Team Green days. Nobody is perfect and not everyone clicks.
hvaughn88
3/23/2016 2:35pm
it not right that TransMotoSport uses his media outlet to belittle people like Matthes, when they have no outlet to answer his digs, doing it person to person is fair game, but through a media outlet, come on, It definitely damages these media guys in the public's perception.,
3/23/2016 3:04pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
it not right that [b][i]TransMotoSport[/i][/b] uses his media outlet to belittle people like [b][i]Matthes[/i][/b], when they have no outlet to answer his digs, doing it person...
it not right that TransMotoSport uses his media outlet to belittle people like Matthes, when they have no outlet to answer his digs, doing it person to person is fair game, but through a media outlet, come on, It definitely damages these media guys in the public's perception.,
LOL. Matthes has a vital account
hvaughn88
3/23/2016 3:12pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
it not right that [b][i]TransMotoSport[/i][/b] uses his media outlet to belittle people like [b][i]Matthes[/i][/b], when they have no outlet to answer his digs, doing it person...
LOL. Matthes has a vital account
Which means you could have PM'ed him, correct?
3/23/2016 3:46pm
I replied too, not started the thread in defense of Tommy Hahn. If you can understand the power of media you may understand why its a taboo move, to dig at others that do not have the platform for rebuttal. Vital is an even platform for you, myself or Matthes.
There is a suggestion Tommy could go on Pulp to defend himself. Do you really believe if Matthes and Tommy have a beef, that at the end of their discussion thats all that would be said. Matthes would not have the last word?
Look at Tony Alessi, at a time of outrage he made some wild statements. Embarrassing statements that he probably regretted after the show. Now drops are taken from those statements and an effort to keep embarrassing Tony is made pretty much every show.
Matthes is a master of media, some contraverse increases the shows entertainment value.
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
3/23/2016 3:49pm
Just goes to show how amateurish moto is. If I were Mathes, I'd write my opinion of THahn every week. It's his job, and his performance is there to view. If THahn want's to shun certain media outlets, that's his right I suppose (I might think differently if I were a sponsor or team owner). In spite of his faults, Mathes has done a lot to show the inner workings of the sport to the fans. It's too bad it takes 5 hours each week to cover 2.5 hours of material though.
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
3/23/2016 3:51pm
I replied too, not started the thread in defense of Tommy Hahn. If you can understand the power of media you may understand why its a...
I replied too, not started the thread in defense of Tommy Hahn. If you can understand the power of media you may understand why its a taboo move, to dig at others that do not have the platform for rebuttal. Vital is an even platform for you, myself or Matthes.
There is a suggestion Tommy could go on Pulp to defend himself. Do you really believe if Matthes and Tommy have a beef, that at the end of their discussion thats all that would be said. Matthes would not have the last word?
Look at Tony Alessi, at a time of outrage he made some wild statements. Embarrassing statements that he probably regretted after the show. Now drops are taken from those statements and an effort to keep embarrassing Tony is made pretty much every show.
Matthes is a master of media, some contraverse increases the shows entertainment value.
C'mon, for an adult to have said and done some of the things Tony Alessi has done, Tony has no one to blame but himself. And maybe the universes.
3/23/2016 3:54pm
He says what's on his mind which is a really big reason why his show is a big hit. I'm fine with the things he says regarding Tommy Hahn. There's beef between the two and he is calling it as he sees it. If tommy has a problem with what he says then go on the show. If he doesn't wanna do that then there's always dmxs where he could go to fire back. Also, I'm pretty sure that tommy unloaded on Steve on social media when Steve said whoever couldn't win a sx race. So it's kinda fair game between the two.
Dezerted
3/23/2016 3:58pm
I replied too, not started the thread in defense of Tommy Hahn. If you can understand the power of media you may understand why its a...
Matthes doesn't need to spare anyone's feelings. If you choose to participate in a professional sport you opt in to the coverage and journalists that come along with it. Tommy Hahn has every right to dislike or ignore Matthes and Matthes has every right to say what we all think. Tommy Hahn was not a threat for wins. I don't understand why he'd get his panties in a bunch over that anyways.
hvaughn88
3/23/2016 4:01pm
If people get their feelings hurt by what steve says about riders, they must have to enter a psych ward when they hear what's reported in other pro sports. (I apologize to all the psych folks)

Post a reply to: Always wondered about this - Matthes vs. THahn

The Latest