Amateur national points series??

racerx217
Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 8:53am
With almost every outdoor national track having a amateur day why not make it a national amateur championship points race?? Work in Ponca, LLs and Baja Brawl into it somehow. Just my 2 cents. With all the time effort and money that usually goes into once race (LL) and its make it or break it, Why not give them a series to show what they got?
|
kb228
7/26/2018 4:13pm
Head hunters from the oems already go to all the am nationals to watch them. Theyve got lots of chances.
JustMX
7/26/2018 7:24pm
How many ams can afford to race all the national am days plus mill creek, texas, ponca, LL qualifiers, regionals, finals, jr mx, and mini os?
tcallahan707
7/26/2018 7:31pm
racerx217 wrote:
With almost every outdoor national track having a amateur day why not make it a national amateur championship points race?? Work in Ponca, LLs and Baja...
With almost every outdoor national track having a amateur day why not make it a national amateur championship points race?? Work in Ponca, LLs and Baja Brawl into it somehow. Just my 2 cents. With all the time effort and money that usually goes into once race (LL) and its make it or break it, Why not give them a series to show what they got?
If it's extremely difficult for non factory professionals to tour the country chasing the national series, what makes you think amateurs can do it, on top of the already ridiculous amateur schedule?

Your idea would have a tad more merit if you simply said, "Why not award points to each national amateur championship and make it a whole series?".
racerx217
7/26/2018 7:53pm
JustMX wrote:
How many ams can afford to race all the national am days plus mill creek, texas, ponca, LL qualifiers, regionals, finals, jr mx, and mini os?
How many C riders spend all winter at training facilities to just chase LL? a lot more than you think.

The Shop

MC752
7/26/2018 8:35pm
Man.... back in the day we had Whitney, Mosier, World Mini, Ponca, and Loretta’s. And Florida was for everyone to showcase their new rides. Seems like now that there’s more AM Nationals the only place where they really all meet is Loretta’s.
tcallahan707
7/26/2018 9:34pm
MC752 wrote:
Man.... back in the day we had Whitney, Mosier, World Mini, Ponca, and Loretta’s. And Florida was for everyone to showcase their new rides. Seems like...
Man.... back in the day we had Whitney, Mosier, World Mini, Ponca, and Loretta’s. And Florida was for everyone to showcase their new rides. Seems like now that there’s more AM Nationals the only place where they really all meet is Loretta’s.
They are regional money grabs that the AMA calls national titles.
JustMX
7/27/2018 8:13am
racerx217 wrote:
How many C riders spend all winter at training facilities to just chase LL? a lot more than you think.
I doubt that it is more than I think, and I do know it is way more than it should be.
JustMX
7/27/2018 8:15am
racerx217 wrote:
I doubt that it is more than I think, and I do know it is way more than it should be.

Not sure what in my post would make you think I would be surprised by the actual number.
7/27/2018 8:40am
Do it like the mxgp's. At every national round add 1 or 2 supportclasses. Like the emx250 , emx300 and emx125 and make it a real championship. Each class get to race 6 rounds. If a rider scored enough points during the season they are able to get their pro license for the next year or stay in the supportclass for another year.
TJMX947
7/27/2018 8:41am
The idea behind the single race was to make it accessible to everyone and more affordable, 1 local race, 1 regional race, then the national (one week of vacation for the parents). Same with having 125 East/West SX, so that guys didn't have to miss school to race it.

Its all gone to hell in a hand basket. I don't even want to get started on the C class debate.
GregDVT
7/27/2018 8:45am
Making a series for them would kinda turn them into professionals imo. It would just be another class
kb228
7/27/2018 8:58am
Do it like the mxgp's. At every national round add 1 or 2 supportclasses. Like the emx250 , emx300 and emx125 and make it a real...
Do it like the mxgp's. At every national round add 1 or 2 supportclasses. Like the emx250 , emx300 and emx125 and make it a real championship. Each class get to race 6 rounds. If a rider scored enough points during the season they are able to get their pro license for the next year or stay in the supportclass for another year.
Cant do it like that. Remember europes size is half of the states geographically speaking. Its easy for you guys to drive a few hours and be in another country. A few hours here and youre still in the same state.
peelout
7/27/2018 9:03am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2018 9:41am
edit... guess i should have actually read all the way through the first post, my bad.

i think it would be cool for the guys that aren't at the top (think weekend warriors hitting most of the races). a lot of these guys don't hit every single national, some east guys only hit the east nats and LL's, and the west guys usually only hit the west nats and LL's.

unfortunately the factories really really want titles, whether it's 3 in one season or 5. i'm not sure they would care if you won the points at the end of the year if you never took home a title.

even at the am level, the sport is pretty brutal
TJMX947
7/27/2018 9:55am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2018 9:59am
Most of you probably don't know this but quad racing operates under this premise, however local quad racing is no where near bike racing so I assume most of these guys feel like they have to attend nationals to get good competition in.

Any quad guys on here that can comment on how it works for quad racing? Seems like the person who attends the most rounds usually wins at the am level, not including the A classes.
7/28/2018 7:30am
MC752 wrote:
Man.... back in the day we had Whitney, Mosier, World Mini, Ponca, and Loretta’s. And Florida was for everyone to showcase their new rides. Seems like...
The AMA has only 1 national title. It is this week at Loretta Lynn’s ranch.
7/28/2018 7:31am
TJMX947 wrote:
Most of you probably don't know this but quad racing operates under this premise, however local quad racing is no where near bike racing so I...
Most of you probably don't know this but quad racing operates under this premise, however local quad racing is no where near bike racing so I assume most of these guys feel like they have to attend nationals to get good competition in.

Any quad guys on here that can comment on how it works for quad racing? Seems like the person who attends the most rounds usually wins at the am level, not including the A classes.
Im pretty sure the quad series folded after last years season.
lumpy790
7/28/2018 8:35am
TJMX947 wrote:
Most of you probably don't know this but quad racing operates under this premise, however local quad racing is no where near bike racing so I...

SlowOldGuy wrote:
Im pretty sure the quad series folded after last years season.
Not true.

10 rounds with the final round at Lorettas Aug 11-12

https://atvmotocross.com/events

lumpy790
7/28/2018 8:37am
TJMX947 wrote:

You are right. MXSports has done a great job doing it.
Naanak
7/28/2018 8:40am
MC752 wrote:
SlowOldGuy wrote:
The AMA has only 1 national title. It is this week at Loretta Lynn’s ranch.
I agree. But then the mini dads can’t put “30+ national titles” in their kids Instagram bios to make it seem they’re better then they really are.
7/28/2018 8:53am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2018 8:53am
JustMX wrote:
The NASCAR type am fams...

One day the sport will be like nascar. Atleast we will get to spectate and drink.

Post a reply to: Amateur national points series??

The Latest