American Made MX Gear Brand

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
Edited Date/Time 7/9/2021 6:10am
I came across this company and thought maybe some of you would be interested in it. The company name is AM and stands for American Made. The company is out of Oil City, Pennsylvania. If you're in the military or a veteran they offer 20% off every product.

Gear is priced well and they offer free name and number printing on the back.

Jerseys: $45-$65
Pants: $115-$130
Combo Set: $160-$185

AM Motocross Website

Instagram

About AM Motocross

After years of experience marketing and selling other leading motocross gear products, founder Russell Lineman decided it was time to do it right. At a time when riding gear prices are going up and the garment manufacturing business in America is suffering the right thing to do was make EVERYTHING in the USA; not just to support American jobs and small businesses but to ensure that the customer gets the high quality product they deserve for the price they pay. Just to manufacture our initial product line we have contracted 4 different garment manufacturing small businesses & worked with countless other businesses from fabric mills, print companies, packaging manufacturers, product designers, photo studios & many more all in the USA.

Making all of our products in the USA is great but the products also had to perform as well or better than anything we have used before. We engineered a revolutionary new pant design and picked out the finest fabrics available for all our products to give our products the advantage. Yes, labor is much more expensive in the USA than where our competitors gear is made. But our revolutionary designs and high quality fabrics give us the edge we need to offer the finest products at a competitive price AND make it 100% in the USA.

We hope you enjoy using our products & thank you for supporting our business

The AM Difference

-All labor (sewing & printing) done in USA for the highest quality craftsmanship
-Made with domestic fabric, 100% polyester
-4-way stretch fabric gives you unrestricted range of motion and a super comfortable fit
-Amazingly quick absorption and fast drying time helps keep you cool and dry
-Completely tagless design thanks to a printed collar means no uncomfortable tags on your neck or side
-Highest quality sublimation printing for a sharp design that won't fade

I'm not sure how long they've been in business for but there doesn't seem to me much choice in terms of design/colors.

|
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/22/2018 2:58pm
FXR Canadien gear for me !

I’m all about American made stuff, but that gear ain’t doing it for me.
crusher773
9/22/2018 3:05pm
I like the jerseys but the pants don't look so hot.
loftyair
9/22/2018 3:11pm
I hope it turns out like Alta, not cannondale. don't care about colors/combos, they will come around and have good and bad selections.
Brad460
Fantasy
780th
9/22/2018 3:12pm
langhammx wrote:

Agreed-

I am not big into “flashy” type of gear, but this stuff doesn’t look like they put any effort at all into the design.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 3:13pm
langhammx wrote:

FXR isn't made in Canada but I get your point. On the other hand I think Strikt is made in Canada.

Just thought some would like the Made in the USA option.

9/22/2018 3:22pm
The mesh material it’s made out of doesn’t look like particularly great quality, the black and green jersey shows best what I’m talking about. And those pants looks a little odd, I must say.

$160-$180 could get you a good combo from almost any of the gear companies out there. There’s gotta be more to the product itself than the fact that it’s made in the US.
cmotodad
9/22/2018 4:11pm
Are you Canadian Langhammx? Support USA made products even if the good designers are working elsewhere. I'd be in if it had a little more styling and I'm an old guy.
magoo1982
9/22/2018 4:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2018 4:29pm
thanks for post, would nt have known about it otherwise ...
Dang It
9/22/2018 4:31pm
That is really good news. All of these other gear companies don't like to admit it but they are made in Chinese or Asian sweat shops. Low paid employees but massive profits to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to top 10 riders but it comes to the cost to the average rider.
JohnnyD13
9/22/2018 4:39pm
Thanks for sharing. I support fly because of their family values. I choose companies that represent what I believe. Am is awesome
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/22/2018 4:40pm
cmotodad wrote:
Are you Canadian Langhammx? Support USA made products even if the good designers are working elsewhere. I'd be in if it had a little more styling...
Are you Canadian Langhammx? Support USA made products even if the good designers are working elsewhere. I'd be in if it had a little more styling and I'm an old guy.
Are you Chinese ? Tongue

Honestly, if it was better looking gear, I’d pay double the price as long as it was comfortable. I’ve been wearing TLD for a long time, but this FXR gear is by far the most comfy gear I’ve ever worn. It’s kinda nice to be a little different from the rest of the So Cal guys. Seems like 50% of them are in Fasthouse or TLD. I like the Fasthouse designs, but everyone I ride with wears it. I just can’t do it... Fasthouse Jetseys WERE made in the US, but they’ve gone elsewhere with the newest stuff.
dirtmike86
9/22/2018 4:46pm
langhammx wrote:

Fxr gear that good?
make1go
9/22/2018 5:00pm
guys guys guys all this "oh its to dreary for me"

its just a protective covering

get your fashion fix with street clothes if you have any conviction..

having to resort to "hiding in the clothes closet" and only wear something bright and colorful in an out of the place where its going to get filthy dirty is so wierd...

????
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/22/2018 5:12pm
make1go wrote:
guys guys guys all this "oh its to dreary for me" its just a protective covering get your fashion fix with street clothes if you have...

having to resort to "hiding in the clothes closet" and only wear something bright and colorful in an out of the place where its going to get filthy dirty is so wierd...

????
Ummm, OK.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/22/2018 5:13pm
langhammx wrote:

dirtmike86 wrote:
Fxr gear that good?
The fabrics they use are extremely stretchy and it really does fit great.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 5:24pm
langhammx wrote:

dirtmike86 wrote:
Fxr gear that good?
If I remember correctly there's a member on here that said it's similar or better than his Fox Flexair. Not sure if it's the Flexair but I remember being it Fox.
loftyair
9/22/2018 6:02pm
make1go wrote:
guys guys guys all this "oh its to dreary for me" its just a protective covering get your fashion fix with street clothes if you have...

????
langhammx wrote:
Ummm, OK.
Partly true. I knew a guy, bought a brand-new bike, hardly rode. But, spent hours cleaning it!
9/22/2018 6:59pm
I just think it’s awesome theyre one of the only companies on the face of earth that make kawi green gear
make1go
9/22/2018 7:07pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2018 7:11pm
langhammx wrote:
Ummm, OK.
nope youre not okay..

any gear where the brand logo is the main/only graphic is dumb,
im not an advertising billboard and they are not paying me...
wilh72
9/22/2018 7:10pm
I actually like the way it looks, I’m im the market for a new set of gear. Currently wearing last years thor stuff. Always been a fan of Thor gear it has always fit me great, but I am tempted to try this AM stuff. I’m out here in Southern California too and agree all you see is fasthouse, tld and shift.
BR8ES
9/22/2018 7:12pm
Thanks for the link Mav... I like this stuff and the basic design, will buy a couple sets because I like it and it is US made(that alone is kool)
make1go
9/22/2018 7:14pm
The mesh material it’s made out of doesn’t look like particularly great quality, the black and green jersey shows best what I’m talking about. And those...
The mesh material it’s made out of doesn’t look like particularly great quality, the black and green jersey shows best what I’m talking about. And those pants looks a little odd, I must say.

$160-$180 could get you a good combo from almost any of the gear companies out there. There’s gotta be more to the product itself than the fact that it’s made in the US.
well yes, supporting vietnamese workers aint such a bad thing..
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 7:15pm
Kx125rider wrote:
I just think it’s awesome theyre one of the only companies on the face of earth that make kawi green gear
Answer
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/22/2018 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/22/2018 7:27pm
langhammx wrote:
Ummm, OK.
make1go wrote:
nope youre not okay.. any gear where the brand logo is the main/only graphic is dumb, im not an advertising billboard and they are not paying...
nope youre not okay..

Sounds like Canvas MX is right up your alley. Design your own gear with whatever you wish. Also Made in the USA ??

https://canvasmx.com/product/will-ride-beer-jersey/

Good enough for Pastrana
https://canvasmx.com/blog/travis-pastrana-2018-mxon-gear/
wilh72
9/22/2018 7:35pm
Really like the 19 O’Neal mayhem stuff as well. Looks simple and clean.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
9/22/2018 7:38pm
langhammx wrote:
Ummm, OK.
make1go wrote:
nope youre not okay.. any gear where the brand logo is the main/only graphic is dumb, im not an advertising billboard and they are not paying...
nope youre not okay..

langhammx wrote:
Sounds like Canvas MX is right up your alley. Design your own gear with whatever you wish. Also Made in the USA ?? https://canvasmx.com/product/will-ride-beer-jersey/ Good enough...
Sounds like Canvas MX is right up your alley. Design your own gear with whatever you wish. Also Made in the USA ??

https://canvasmx.com/product/will-ride-beer-jersey/

Good enough for Pastrana
https://canvasmx.com/blog/travis-pastrana-2018-mxon-gear/
Looks like only the jerseys are made in the US. They mention the jerseys being made in Los Angeles but nothing about the pants.

I know one thing, there's a lot more gear brands to choose from today than there were 10 years ago.
Tonynz
9/22/2018 8:05pm
cmotodad wrote:
Are you Canadian Langhammx? Support USA made products even if the good designers are working elsewhere. I'd be in if it had a little more styling...
langhammx wrote:
Are you Chinese ? :P Honestly, if it was better looking gear, I’d pay double the price as long as it was comfortable. I’ve been wearing...
Are you Chinese ? Tongue

Honestly, if it was better looking gear, I’d pay double the price as long as it was comfortable. I’ve been wearing TLD for a long time, but this FXR gear is by far the most comfy gear I’ve ever worn. It’s kinda nice to be a little different from the rest of the So Cal guys. Seems like 50% of them are in Fasthouse or TLD. I like the Fasthouse designs, but everyone I ride with wears it. I just can’t do it... Fasthouse Jetseys WERE made in the US, but they’ve gone elsewhere with the newest stuff.
The latest FastHouse jersey I bought, the new orange / blue one is made in USA.
swtwtwtw
9/22/2018 8:11pm
Well my gear is made in Vietnam not China
BR8ES
9/22/2018 8:15pm
My Jopa stuff is made in Holland, Yoko sadly is Chinese as is much of the stuff out there. Pretty interested in thid AM gear.

Post a reply to: American Made MX Gear Brand

The Latest