Anderson crash from another angle ... Warning! Graphic Video

Ducon39
9/26/2016 2:36pm Edited Date/Time 5/28/2017 12:04am
Tom Journet from Vurb captured Jason Anderson dramatic video. He decided to post it on Instagram ONLY after he knew Jason was OK.

|
Jmicmoto13
9/26/2016 4:49pm
Ugh. That is disturbing. The limp body is hard to watch. Thankful he is alright with just a concussion and not a broken neck.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
9/26/2016 4:54pm
damn... I can't believe he walks away without any serious injuries.
bvm111
9/26/2016 4:55pm
Ooowwww

I'm so glad he is"ok" after that one
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
9/26/2016 5:14pm
It's not slowing for me

The Shop

YamahaJT1
9/26/2016 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 5:22pm
JA21 is so damned fortunate to have glanced over is shoulder at the last instant. Had he kept looking forward, crossbar could have met goggles/helmet opening...
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
9/26/2016 5:38pm
Damn lucky he didn't get his windpipe crushed.
TM
yzjs7
9/26/2016 8:52pm
I hated seeing that, ugly!
bdp93
9/26/2016 9:02pm
Can someone post an link instead of an embedded video? For some reason it shows up blank for me...
cali11
9/26/2016 9:22pm
bdp93 wrote:
Can someone post an link instead of an embedded video? For some reason it shows up blank for me...
bdp93
9/26/2016 9:35pm
Thanks that worked...Man that is just sad to see that unfortunately. Honestly I don't think we can really make the assumption as to whose fault this is since rolling the finish is a risky move no matter what. Definitely was not a smart move on Anderson's part to roll a finish line with people behind him but also not smart for the lapped behind him to jump if he sees someone rolling a jump. Just my thoughts...
Starcrossed
9/26/2016 9:50pm
Glad to know that Jason is going to be ok. Young Tom Journet has had quite a year with Vurb and the Stankdog videos. Now he's at MXdN and captures an incredible clip of one of the most bizarre incidents in recent memory. I'm sure we will be seeing more from him. Perhaps he will drop in and post in this thread.
vango
9/26/2016 9:54pm
notice second rider also airborne
mx691
Fantasy
1185th
9/27/2016 2:15am
vango wrote:
notice second rider also airborne
Yes, they were still racing for position....
Love JA but you just cant stop on the track during a race, especially on the landing zone of a "blind" jump...

Bluelion
9/27/2016 4:29am
I'm a Jason Anderson fan...the guy is a MXON hero...glad he is ok after that one...could have been a lot worse...

Bluelion
9/27/2016 4:33am
Took these shots of him at the Ironman national thought I would share them...

9/27/2016 4:46am
Holyeeeee F$#^& that is Scary !!!!!!!! Glad to see he is Ok
Ducon39
9/27/2016 4:49am
Glad to know that Jason is going to be ok. Young Tom Journet has had quite a year with Vurb and the Stankdog videos. Now he's...
Glad to know that Jason is going to be ok. Young Tom Journet has had quite a year with Vurb and the Stankdog videos. Now he's at MXdN and captures an incredible clip of one of the most bizarre incidents in recent memory. I'm sure we will be seeing more from him. Perhaps he will drop in and post in this thread.
Tom seems to always be at the right place at the right time ... Remember, he also captured Anthony Rodriguez' ugly crash at Glen Helen!

http://racerxonline.com/2016/05/29/anthony-rodriguez-ok-after-huge-cras…

9/27/2016 5:11am
Glad to know that Jason is going to be ok. Young Tom Journet has had quite a year with Vurb and the Stankdog videos. Now he's...
A busy year it has been! I think I've been home for a total of 20 times this whole summer. I'm honestly still in shock from the whole MXoN this past weekend. The coolest experience I've had in my life!
jamma10
9/27/2016 5:14am
A busy year it has been! I think I've been home for a total of 20 times this whole summer. I'm honestly still in shock from...
A busy year it has been! I think I've been home for a total of 20 times this whole summer. I'm honestly still in shock from the whole MXoN this past weekend. The coolest experience I've had in my life!
Try and tell that to those who think the MXdN is a pointless off season race that not one really cares about.
9/27/2016 5:26am
A busy year it has been! I think I've been home for a total of 20 times this whole summer. I'm honestly still in shock from...
jamma10 wrote:
Try and tell that to those who think the MXdN is a pointless off season race that not one really cares about.
You just need to be there to witness it. I don't think I'll be able to see motocross the same way again! This weekend was absolutely epic.
kaptkaos
9/27/2016 8:04am
Such a scary crash. I thought he was dead when i was watching it happen. So glad he is okay. Never been a huge JA fan, but after his interviews on Main Event Podcast and his performance here, I am going to root for him some more.

I think he is awesome to watch on the track, it just frustrates me how he makes Seely his bitch every single time! I'm not a Seely fan either but I am a die hard HONDA fan.

So do we think neck braces are any more/less valuable or not after this incident?
Sideways
9/27/2016 8:08am
I saw another vid of thet crash that was filmed from the take off of the jump. You can clearly tell that the japanese rider was not at fault for this. Just a freak accident. Im just glad andersson is ok
TXDirt
9/27/2016 8:41am
Kinda surprised the other rider made no attempt to alter his landing or body position in any way. He could have tried to maybe come nose down more, shorten up his landing so as to hit more of the back up the bike. Or maybe try and loop it out and make an attempt to get the bike more out of the way. Perhaps that's asking too much. Seems like such a strange no reaction. Oh look, I'm going to land on a guy. Fuck it, he can survive a blow to the head from my engine and skid plate. Really could not be a more direct hit to the head from the most solid part of the bike. I'm sure things are going so fast he didn't have a lot of time to do anything. I would think a natural reaction might be to do something, anything. Nope. Just jump and land on a guy and head back to pits to cool down.
9/27/2016 12:26pm
jamma10 wrote:
You just need to be there to witness it. I don't think I'll be able to see motocross the same way again! This weekend was absolutely...
You just need to be there to witness it. I don't think I'll be able to see motocross the same way again! This weekend was absolutely epic.
Please elaborate!
I would love to hear your story!
gt80rider
9/27/2016 1:15pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2016 1:16pm
TXDirt wrote:
Kinda surprised the other rider made no attempt to alter his landing or body position in any way. He could have tried to maybe come nose...
Kinda surprised the other rider made no attempt to alter his landing or body position in any way. He could have tried to maybe come nose down more, shorten up his landing so as to hit more of the back up the bike. Or maybe try and loop it out and make an attempt to get the bike more out of the way. Perhaps that's asking too much. Seems like such a strange no reaction. Oh look, I'm going to land on a guy. Fuck it, he can survive a blow to the head from my engine and skid plate. Really could not be a more direct hit to the head from the most solid part of the bike. I'm sure things are going so fast he didn't have a lot of time to do anything. I would think a natural reaction might be to do something, anything. Nope. Just jump and land on a guy and head back to pits to cool down.
This is exactly what I was thinking.... I was in that spot one time and my first instinct was to shove the bike to the side, bail my body the other way, and not kill the rider below....
9/27/2016 2:47pm
TXDirt wrote:
Kinda surprised the other rider made no attempt to alter his landing or body position in any way. He could have tried to maybe come nose...
gt80rider wrote:
This is exactly what I was thinking.... I was in that spot one time and my first instinct was to shove the bike to the side...
This is exactly what I was thinking.... I was in that spot one time and my first instinct was to shove the bike to the side, bail my body the other way, and not kill the rider below....
I think those situations are always easy to critique in hindsight while looking at slowed down footage with a resting heart rate. I've had those moments also.

Once had a situation where a guy doubled a triple in front of me and I was over him in the air debating whether to bail or land on him. He landed before I could react, got on the gas and came out from underneath me.
Markee
Fantasy
2006th
9/27/2016 7:12pm
I'm sorry, if your ass is getting lapped, your national pride isn't more important than sending the finish over the race winner to retain 1 point. Some form of respect is due.
Turbojez
9/28/2016 3:36am Edited Date/Time 9/28/2016 3:37am
I think those situations are always easy to critique in hindsight while looking at slowed down footage with a resting heart rate. I've had those moments...
I think those situations are always easy to critique in hindsight while looking at slowed down footage with a resting heart rate. I've had those moments also.

Once had a situation where a guy doubled a triple in front of me and I was over him in the air debating whether to bail or land on him. He landed before I could react, got on the gas and came out from underneath me.
It depends on the person. Classic case of getting frozen solid when things go wrong real fast.

If you had 10 people and suddenly there would be a plane falling from the sky straight into them 5 would start running for their lives, while the other 5 would just freeze gazing at the plane. It's how the body reacts to an extremely stressful situation and you never know which one you are until it happens to you.

It's incredible that nobody got seriously hurt in this accident, looked really scary.

Post a reply to: Anderson crash from another angle ... Warning! Graphic Video

The Latest