Anderson to Astars (Gear)?

10/15/2017 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2017 5:24am
On the Pulp show on Monday they mentioned Astars was really going after Anderson so I was just wondering if anyone knew if that was true? Big Anderson fan so that's why I'm interested.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/15/2017 5:04pm
Well seeing as Barcia won't hit the podium much if at all next season they might as well get someone who will.

That being said they have Tickle on the payroll along with Barcia so not sure how much they have left over for a guy like Anderson. I'm sure he's worth more than Tickle.
JW269
10/15/2017 5:15pm
I believe pulp said Anderson to astars,
Deano to shift, and roczen back to Fox.
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
10/15/2017 5:23pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well seeing as Barcia won't hit the podium much if at all next season they might as well get someone who will. That being said they...
Well seeing as Barcia won't hit the podium much if at all next season they might as well get someone who will.

That being said they have Tickle on the payroll along with Barcia so not sure how much they have left over for a guy like Anderson. I'm sure he's worth more than Tickle.
Um, Tomac.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/15/2017 5:31pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Well seeing as Barcia won't hit the podium much if at all next season they might as well get someone who will. That being said they...

mx510 wrote:
Um, Tomac.
Totally forgot about him.

Why is Alpinestars going after so many rider's? You usually see only a couple of rider's wearing their gear. Big marketing push for the consumer market?

So they'll have Tomac, Tickle, Anderson & Barcia? Anyone else?

Some of their stuff looks good but some of it is just hideous.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/15/2017 6:18pm
Anderson to A-Stars, Dean to Shift, Kenny back to Fox for head to toe at A1.
10/15/2017 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 6:28pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

mx510 wrote:
Um, Tomac.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Totally forgot about him. Why is Alpinestars going after so many rider's? You usually see only a couple of rider's wearing their gear. Big marketing push...
Totally forgot about him.

Why is Alpinestars going after so many rider's? You usually see only a couple of rider's wearing their gear. Big marketing push for the consumer market?

So they'll have Tomac, Tickle, Anderson & Barcia? Anyone else?

Some of their stuff looks good but some of it is just hideous.
They were also talking about this on the Pulp show but I guess they really don't care about selling the gear and it's more about trying to market their protection line of stuff.

And thanks for clearing that up ML, any idea when they plan to announce any of these deals? Always cool to see riders in different gear brands IMO. And ML do know if Anderson will continue to run the Atlas brace or switch to the Astars one? I would assume that's in the deal but as a Canadian I'd like to see him stay in the Atlas Tongue
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/15/2017 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 10/15/2017 6:36pm
Out of curiosity with Tickle going to Astars does anyone know if Vexea is replacing him with someone else or have they decided to pull the plug on their whole outfit?

Edit: I know this is an Astars thread but does anyone know if Leatt is/has signing/signed a rider to wear their gear and helmet?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/15/2017 8:16pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Out of curiosity with Tickle going to Astars does anyone know if Vexea is replacing him with someone else or have they decided to pull the...
Out of curiosity with Tickle going to Astars does anyone know if Vexea is replacing him with someone else or have they decided to pull the plug on their whole outfit?

Edit: I know this is an Astars thread but does anyone know if Leatt is/has signing/signed a rider to wear their gear and helmet?
Cole Martinez swapped to Vexea for MEC.
BobPA
10/15/2017 8:31pm
I am wondering if they are making a push in the states. From what I understand A-stars gear was not brought into the US because Parts Unlimited did not want it to compete with Thor. WPS recently picked up A-stars...so maybe they are looking to distribute different gear? I could also be just talking out of my ass.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2520th
10/15/2017 9:27pm
BobPA wrote:
I am wondering if they are making a push in the states. From what I understand A-stars gear was not brought into the US because Parts...
I am wondering if they are making a push in the states. From what I understand A-stars gear was not brought into the US because Parts Unlimited did not want it to compete with Thor. WPS recently picked up A-stars...so maybe they are looking to distribute different gear? I could also be just talking out of my ass.
WPS owns fly, so I’d expect to see the same thing that happened at PU.

Alpinestars is doing it to get their branding up front so they can sell more protective gear. They’re really advertising what’s underneath the gear. Alpinestars is moving in on EVS’ market.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
10/15/2017 11:00pm
ML512 wrote:
Me likey.
block75
10/16/2017 1:37am
ML512 wrote:
So where does that leave Reed in the eyes of Fox?
mxjon454
10/16/2017 2:34am
BobPA wrote:
I am wondering if they are making a push in the states. From what I understand A-stars gear was not brought into the US because Parts...
I remember hearing that A-Stars and Thor had a deal where A-Stars wouldnt sell their gear in the U.S. as long as Thor didnt make a high end boot. That way all Thor riders ran A-Star boots. Idk how true that was/is but i remember hearing that. Does anyone know whats up with Thors helmet line? Their helmets used to be bad ass, but they seem to have went the route ONE Ind. did a few years back where everyone that ran the gear stopped wearing the helmet. And i recently saw a video of Villopoto riding with what looked liked blank gear and a bell helmet.
mxjon454
10/16/2017 2:36am
ML512 wrote:
block75 wrote:
So where does that leave Reed in the eyes of Fox?
He'll probably still be running fox IMO. They won't have Dungey out there in the gear anymore so theyll add Roczen back into the line up and keep Reed. That way they still have 2 big names in their gear.
Motofinne
10/16/2017 5:15am
Can you buy Astars gear from dealers in USA? I know that you can buy the gear from their website.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
42nd
10/16/2017 7:22am
ML512 wrote:
I was wondering who FOX would grab after losing Dungey. Sorta makes sense, although I think Kenny's image fits Shift better than Fox.
twotwosix
10/16/2017 8:14am
Motofinne wrote:
Can you buy Astars gear from dealers in USA? I know that you can buy the gear from their website.
I had to order all of mine from FreestyleXtreme.com They have reasonable shipping rates to the US.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
10/16/2017 8:15am
Motofinne wrote:
twotwosix wrote:
I had to order all of mine from FreestyleXtreme.com They have reasonable shipping rates to the US.
It's for sale in the US on A-Stars website. As far as I'm aware, dealers aren't supposed to have them on the floor but I've seen one with them. Only one though.
3rdgearpinned
10/16/2017 9:10am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

mx510 wrote:
Um, Tomac.
That leads to my question. Am I the only one that sees a killer looking kit on Eli or Jett Reynolds but cant find it online?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/16/2017 9:14am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

mx510 wrote:
Um, Tomac.
That leads to my question. Am I the only one that sees a killer looking kit on Eli or Jett Reynolds but cant find it online?
Not sure if you're looking to buy or what but Astars riders have one off gear that's not available to the public.
3rdgearpinned
10/16/2017 9:21am
mx510 wrote:
Um, Tomac.
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not sure if you're looking to buy or what but Astars riders have one off gear that's not available to the public.
that's stupid. "Hey take a look at our new 2018 gear! Its awesome, love for you to buy It and make our quarter look good!"

"no not that kit, its for our sponsored riders only"

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/16/2017 9:30am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
that's stupid. "Hey take a look at our new 2018 gear! Its awesome, love for you to buy It and make our quarter look good!" "no...
that's stupid. "Hey take a look at our new 2018 gear! Its awesome, love for you to buy It and make our quarter look good!"

I don't think it's just Astars that does it either. That said for as long as I can remember the stuff Astars riders wear can't be bought. I remember when Cianciarulo was an amateur a lot of the stuff he wore I liked but couldn't be bought.

The stuff you can buy from them looks alright but it's definitely not my favorite. You have to give it to them though the stuff they produce for their riders catches your eye pretty easily.
3rdgearpinned
10/16/2017 9:40am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
that's stupid. "Hey take a look at our new 2018 gear! Its awesome, love for you to buy It and make our quarter look good!" "no...

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I don't think it's just Astars that does it either. That said for as long as I can remember the stuff Astars riders wear can't be...
I don't think it's just Astars that does it either. That said for as long as I can remember the stuff Astars riders wear can't be bought. I remember when Cianciarulo was an amateur a lot of the stuff he wore I liked but couldn't be bought.

The stuff you can buy from them looks alright but it's definitely not my favorite. You have to give it to them though the stuff they produce for their riders catches your eye pretty easily.
That's right. Jett Reynolds had one kit at Lorettas and I would have paid whatever they wanted for it. And I'm a C rider lol. Not smart marketing if you ask me.
Sixeightone
10/16/2017 9:58am
ML512 wrote:
It's for sale in the US on A-Stars website. As far as I'm aware, dealers aren't supposed to have them on the floor but I've seen...
It's for sale in the US on A-Stars website. As far as I'm aware, dealers aren't supposed to have them on the floor but I've seen one with them. Only one though.
A-Stars will not sell us gear. I ask Every time the A-stars rep stops by. I even offered to be the US distributor for them, he chuckled but I was serious. They do not want their gear here in the us. I'm willing to be that dealer bought the gear right off A-stars website. I mean I HOUND our rep, and he won't cave. Can't even get me an employee pro form.
10/16/2017 10:06am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

mx510 wrote:
Um, Tomac.
You can buy it on their website it's called Black Jack LE or something like that. Although they have it listed as part of their "Racer" line but the gear those guys wore on the weekend seemed to be the same design and colours but just made with their Techstar line of gear.

Why they did that I don't know.
twotwosix
10/16/2017 10:21am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2017 10:25am
Motofinne wrote:
twotwosix wrote:
ML512 wrote:
It's for sale in the US on A-Stars website. As far as I'm aware, dealers aren't supposed to have them on the floor but I've seen...
Parts US/WPS do not distribute the pants/jerseys, so dealers in the US can't sell it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
10/16/2017 10:23am
twotwosix wrote:
ML512 wrote:
twotwosix wrote:
Parts US/WPS do not distribute the pants/jerseys, so dealers in the US can't sell it.
Pretty sure we can get the Astars gear in Canada so I don't see why you guys couldn't get it down South.
10/16/2017 10:59am
Quite funny, alpinestars is some of the most common gear here in Europe. Not a lot of people who buy it though. Most dealers will have to put a huge discount on the gear to sell at the end of the season.
aroark247
10/16/2017 11:07am
ML512 wrote:
twotwosix wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Pretty sure we can get the Astars gear in Canada so I don't see why you guys couldn't get it down South.
That's because Parts Canada is a distributor, which is Parts Unlimited's Canadian counterpart. I've talked to an alpinestars rep, and my parts unlimited rep, and get the same answer about distribution. Then I called alpinestars and and got a hint that work was being done for the possibility of 2019 or 2020 U.S. distribution. Time will tell.

But it literally makes absolutely Zero sense to be paying any American athletes at all, if there truly aren't plans for distribution in the future. You guys can fall for believing it's advertisement for their protection line, but that's naïve.
Snapper
10/16/2017 11:20am
You can buy it on their website it's called Black Jack LE or something like that. Although they have it listed as part of their "Racer"...
You can buy it on their website it's called Black Jack LE or something like that. Although they have it listed as part of their "Racer" line but the gear those guys wore on the weekend seemed to be the same design and colours but just made with their Techstar line of gear.

Why they did that I don't know.
It's nothing new for gear brands to do that. Fox did the same when they were testing with Roczen during the nationals with him wearing FlexAir gear but with a 360 design,

Makes sense for Alpinestars to sponsor American riders as the media reach is global. Why they have the riders wear gear that's unavailable to buy anywhere goes straight over my head though.

Post a reply to: Anderson to Astars (Gear)?

The Latest