Another snapt KTM frame

JMX82
12/5/2017 5:06am
I'm just wondering why there aren't any pictures about broken Husky frames? It's essentially the same bike
12/5/2017 5:24am
I had a 2007 CR125 and it had crack around the steering stem. Sent photos through to Honda and apparently they wear aware of the issue...
I had a 2007 CR125 and it had crack around the steering stem. Sent photos through to Honda and apparently they wear aware of the issue and had several other complaints with the same crack. they ended up sending out a new frame for me haha

I just cant believe KTM have had so many recalls every year on there bikes!!
ruy wrote:
But, that was recently, or around 2007 ..? I am very surprised that Honda is sending you a chassis now for a 2007 motorbike
Your local dealer had one old frame stored? Specific?
dirtmike86
12/5/2017 5:38am
JMX82 wrote:
I'm just wondering why there aren't any pictures about broken Husky frames? It's essentially the same bike
The white paint is stronger.
RCMXracing
12/5/2017 6:09am
VRR7 wrote:
Of all the manufacturers running pro SX the KTM teams swop out their frames more frequently than the other brands racing. That is just a statistical...
Of all the manufacturers running pro SX the KTM teams swop out their frames more frequently than the other brands racing. That is just a statistical fact.
Could be they have the budget to do that because the riders like the feel of a fresh frame and or preventative maintenance. Teams change all sorts of parts that I would gladly take and use! Proves nothing assuming what you say is even true.

The Shop

ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
12/5/2017 6:36am
Everyone shold have JB Weld in their tool box so they can finish their day. Laughing
Rhino
12/5/2017 9:54am
smezmx wrote:
All i did was hit a speedbump in the road with mine?....:) [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/05/229554/s1200_IMG_0157.jpg[/img]
All i did was hit a speedbump in the road with mine?....Smile

What actually gave way there?
Rhino
12/5/2017 10:37am
Ive only owned 1 aluminum frame bike 2008 Honda 450(No problems), all others were steel.

I think the stiffer front forks(Flexwise due to tube diameter) transmits more shock into the frame/headset area.

I've never really ever looked for cracks on a consistant basis, just during routine maintainance/quick lookover.

A frame should bend/stretch, but not break. Are they breaking mid tube or at a weld junction?
144rider
12/5/2017 2:18pm
VRR7 wrote:
Of all the manufacturers running pro SX the KTM teams swop out their frames more frequently than the other brands racing. That is just a statistical...
Of all the manufacturers running pro SX the KTM teams swop out their frames more frequently than the other brands racing. That is just a statistical fact.
RCMXracing wrote:
Could be they have the budget to do that because the riders like the feel of a fresh frame and or preventative maintenance. Teams change all...
Could be they have the budget to do that because the riders like the feel of a fresh frame and or preventative maintenance. Teams change all sorts of parts that I would gladly take and use! Proves nothing assuming what you say is even true.
"A fresh frame"

As apposed to what? One that's a few months old and gone soft?
RCMXracing
12/5/2017 2:46pm
144rider wrote:
"A fresh frame"

Anyone who knows anything about steel frames is that they feel different after breaking them in, 5hrs or so. They feel better to me, don’t stay rigid like Aluminum. Factory riders are picky AF. Only thing that’s gone soft is your noodle.
144rider
12/5/2017 2:51pm
144rider wrote:
"A fresh frame"

RCMXracing wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about steel frames is that they feel different after breaking them in, 5hrs or so. They feel better to me, don’t stay...
Anyone who knows anything about steel frames is that they feel different after breaking them in, 5hrs or so. They feel better to me, don’t stay rigid like Aluminum. Factory riders are picky AF. Only thing that’s gone soft is your noodle.
So, are you saying you're a factory rider? LMAO!

RCMXracing
12/5/2017 3:07pm
144rider wrote:
"A fresh frame"

RCMXracing wrote:
Anyone who knows anything about steel frames is that they feel different after breaking them in, 5hrs or so. They feel better to me, don’t stay...
144rider wrote:

? Wut? You’re just being a shit disturb at this point. Not interested.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
12/5/2017 3:09pm
144rider wrote:
"A fresh frame"

RCMXracing wrote:
144rider wrote:

Dude, we are 4 pages in, we get it you don't think KTM frames are safe and you'll never buy one.

That said, how did you interpret what he said as being a factory rider? Cheat sheet: He didn't.
144rider
12/5/2017 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 12/5/2017 3:17pm
RCMXracing wrote:
144rider wrote:

seth505 wrote:
Dude, we are 4 pages in, we get it you don't think KTM frames are safe and you'll never buy one. That said, how did you...
Dude, we are 4 pages in, we get it you don't think KTM frames are safe and you'll never buy one.

That said, how did you interpret what he said as being a factory rider? Cheat sheet: He didn't.
No. I said I'd never buy one 2nd hand after it's raced a full season. I also never said they weren't safe, but after seeing some of the posts and pics in this thread, I can see how you came to that conclusion.

Post a reply to: Another snapt KTM frame

The Latest