11/4/2018 8:32am Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 7:54pm
Not Mine just saw it online, But someone selling a New Roller
Maybe put 500cc 2 stroke in it or ?
|
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
11/4/2018 8:39am
On a Side note , what kinda money do people have at there disposal to be able to go buy stuff like this Just to use the motor , i swear it's like living in a whole different world Struggling financially!
And the other world looks like so much more fun lol
If I never get there I'm gonna Die Trying.
mikec265
11/4/2018 9:05am
Been there struggling when I was younger.
Now that I've had my own little trucking company for 6 years I still can't quite buy whatever I want. I gotta buy stuff to write off on taxes so the government doesn't take all my money. So basically in order to buy a used Alta, and bikes for the kids, I drive a friggin minivan with a 20 year old 5x8 open trailer instead of lifted diesel truck. I wish I knew the secret to having a new, full mod bike every year and an expensive rig. For me it just doesn't add up to blow that much money with no profit to be had from it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
11/4/2018 9:59am
mikec265 wrote:
Been there struggling when I was younger. Now that I've had my own little trucking company for 6 years I still can't quite buy whatever I...
Now that I've had my own little trucking company for 6 years I still can't quite buy whatever I want. I gotta buy stuff to write off on taxes so the government doesn't take all my money. So basically in order to buy a used Alta, and bikes for the kids, I drive a friggin minivan with a 20 year old 5x8 open trailer instead of lifted diesel truck. I wish I knew the secret to having a new, full mod bike every year and an expensive rig. For me it just doesn't add up to blow that much money with no profit to be had from it.
Don't forget that a lot of people live well beyond their means. Not everything appears as they seem.

Credit can be great but it can also cause you to go bankrupt if you're not on top of it.

There's no secret. Hard work and sacrifices are the recipe. Looks to me like you're well on your way there. Keep it up.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
11/4/2018 11:55am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2018 11:55am
mikec265 wrote:
Been there struggling when I was younger. Now that I've had my own little trucking company for 6 years I still can't quite buy whatever I...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Don't forget that a lot of people live well beyond their means. Not everything appears as they seem. Credit can be great but it can also...
Don't forget that a lot of people live well beyond their means. Not everything appears as they seem.

Credit can be great but it can also cause you to go bankrupt if you're not on top of it.

There's no secret. Hard work and sacrifices are the recipe. Looks to me like you're well on your way there. Keep it up.
Yup, nailed it.

Step 1: cut every credit card you own in half
Step 2: buy what you can afford

The Shop

Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
11/4/2018 11:58am
mikec265 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Don't forget that a lot of people live well beyond their means. Not everything appears as they seem. Credit can be great but it can also...

MxKing809 wrote:
Yup, nailed it.

I have no credit cards , I made a lot of Mistakes/bad choices when I was younger that caused bad credit
So I literally only buy what I can pay for with cash
Which makes a lot of things out of reach.
To this day I have never had or even tried a 4 stroke.
newmann
11/4/2018 12:40pm
mikec265 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:
Yup, nailed it.

Or be financially responsible and...

Step 1 . Use credit card for everything. Pay off in full every month and never pay finance charges.

Step 2. Cash in points and buy new bike every year.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
11/4/2018 2:24pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:
Yup, nailed it.

newmann wrote:
Or be financially responsible and... Step 1 . Use credit card for everything. Pay off in full every month and never pay finance charges. Step 2...
Or be financially responsible and...

Step 1 . Use credit card for everything. Pay off in full every month and never pay finance charges.

Step 2. Cash in points and buy new bike every year.
I do step 1, but dang my points are only good for some accessories!!
1983YZ125
Fantasy
1694th
11/4/2018 2:55pm
Motor could be used in kart racing, fsae, etc.

With cost of a motor by itself, could be cheaper when taking into account electronics and all the parts that’d drain your wallet.
11/4/2018 4:02pm
Buy it.
Put a seat on it.
Clean/defume the fuel tank and breather hose.
Fill tank with electrolyte drink.
Sell for $12k to MTB crowd as BRAND NEW INNOVATION for downhill.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
11/4/2018 4:10pm
Buy it. Put a seat on it. Clean/defume the fuel tank and breather hose. Fill tank with electrolyte drink. Sell for $12k to MTB crowd as...
Buy it.
Put a seat on it.
Clean/defume the fuel tank and breather hose.
Fill tank with electrolyte drink.
Sell for $12k to MTB crowd as BRAND NEW INNOVATION for downhill.
Haha you probably could win a down hill race on it against Mountain bikes Smile
No seat needed
Zacka 161
Fantasy
1856th
11/4/2018 8:43pm
I mean clearly it needs to be electrified with a quick change battery set up
cody41
11/5/2018 4:33am
Tarz483 wrote:
On a Side note , what kinda money do people have at there disposal to be able to go buy stuff like this Just to use...
On a Side note , what kinda money do people have at there disposal to be able to go buy stuff like this Just to use the motor , i swear it's like living in a whole different world Struggling financially!
Taking into consideration it’s an FC, I would assume the motor Went to shit and it’s cheaper to sell it then fix the motor.
captmoto
11/20/2018 6:30pm
Tarz483 wrote:
On a Side note , what kinda money do people have at there disposal to be able to go buy stuff like this Just to use...
cody41 wrote:
Taking into consideration it’s an FC, I would assume the motor Went to shit and it’s cheaper to sell it then fix the motor.
So why not sell it with the blown motor. It looks like a low hour frame and Husky is pretty good at working with guys with catastrophic engine failures.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
11/20/2018 6:38pm
I dont know for sure but my guess would be that they used the motor for a different project ...Ahhh to have money to burn seems so fun , i Have had it in the back of my mind that some day in the near future hopefully, someone will
Create an electric motor and Battery package that can be put into already existing bikes , this would be perfect for that if and when it comes along
That would be a good project for the alta engineers.
motogrady
11/20/2018 7:30pm

Thinking about it, why not?
Investor inquiries accepted.

NorCal 50+
11/20/2018 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 11/20/2018 7:54pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

MxKing809 wrote:
Yup, nailed it.

Tarz483 wrote:
I have no credit cards , I made a lot of Mistakes/bad choices when I was younger that caused bad credit So I literally only buy...
I have no credit cards , I made a lot of Mistakes/bad choices when I was younger that caused bad credit
So I literally only buy what I can pay for with cash
Which makes a lot of things out of reach.
To this day I have never had or even tried a 4 stroke.
Bad credit can be fixed- it seems it can be fixed more quickly these days because credit scores are updated more frequently. Things drop off too, you might be surprised how much you can rehabilitate it. Ideally you have a combo of cash, credit and debt to maintain some liquidity as you work them together.

Post a reply to: Any Body Need A project?

The Latest