Any experience with All Sport Dynamics?

Porch32
12/20/2017 8:35am
Does anybody on here use the All Sport Dynamics wrist braces? I shattered my wrist a few years ago and was in the process of getting my wrist sizes taken for the custom fit, but kind of just never pulled the trigger on getting them made. I'm ready for braces now, but stuck on the fence on whether or not the ASD ones are good enough to go through the hassle of a doctors appointment to get my sizes down and what not, versus just buying the Mobius brace. Any input would be appreciated.
|
Vegas
12/20/2017 8:46am
I have one. Left side. I dislocated and utterly fucked my wrist in "08. Maybe used it twice. I haven't worn it in years. I should really try using it again.
Porch32
12/20/2017 8:54am
Vegas wrote:
I have one. Left side. I dislocated and utterly fucked my wrist in "08. Maybe used it twice. I haven't worn it in years. I should...
I have one. Left side. I dislocated and utterly fucked my wrist in "08. Maybe used it twice. I haven't worn it in years. I should really try using it again.
Same, i shattered my radius, chipped my ulna and displaced my left wrist, took like 10 months to recover. I think that's what I'm afraid of, if I remember correctly those custom ones are a bit more pricey than the Mobius. I don't want to spend that time with the doctors/insurance and money and what not and then not use them as much as I should, when I could just pay for the mobius and adjust it myself if its just as good as the AS and save a couple $100.
Vegas
12/20/2017 9:08am
For me it was Femur/Raidus/Wrist all in one blow Sick But the brace just didn't feel comfortable when trying to manipulate the clutch and bars.
fanopj1
12/20/2017 9:52am
I have a set that I won't ride without. Both wrists. Always had weak wrists, and ended up fracturing my left one. Spoke to Gary at All Sports Dynamic. Great guy. Was a pleasure to deal with. Ended up getting one for my right wrist as a precaution. Don't even notice them when I'm riding. Great product. Been using them now for probably 5 years or so.

The Shop

12/20/2017 10:29am
Just a heads up, last year whenever a rider with one of their braces won a main, they would promote some sort of discount here along the lines of 20-40%, if I remember correctly. Not really relevant if you’re going through your insurance and I’m not sure if they’re gonna do that again this year, but I thought it should be mentioned.
Millerrr973
12/20/2017 10:40am
I’ve never broken my wrists but I invested in a set of Mobius braces. I really like them, I can barely tell I have them on while riding.
nch209
12/20/2017 11:19am
My ortho doc got me one a few years back after I broke my left wrist. Good product, and was covered under insurance so that was cool. Can't help comparing what is better/worse though.
Bauer
12/20/2017 1:32pm
Best wrist brace on the market. I wish they'd been available during my racing days...my right wrist would not be fused right now.
EddieC
12/20/2017 3:03pm
There is a big difference between the two braces.

The All Sport Dynamics (ASD) has more adjustments so you can fine tune how the brace works.
The Mobius does not.

I have tried on the Mobius and it does fit well but that is it. I would compare it to an wrist guard that would wear roller blading.
If they can keep the fit and allow for more adjustments I will re-evaluate my thoughts.

The key is how well you can get the brace to fit your wrist and hand. ASD can set up your gloves with a pouch that allows the brace to attach directly to your gloves so you have zero bunching in the palm.

Think about how much your outside wrist moves when you make a turn and keep your elbows up. If you brace limits that movement unnecessarily you are setting yourself up for failure.

Just my thoughts if you have any others send them.

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/20/2017 3:18pm
Allsport also has multiple styles of braces, from smaller ones meant for injury prevention (see Bogle, Cianciarulo, Savatgy), to larger post-injury braces.
MX690
12/20/2017 3:32pm
I broke my left wrist, screws, plates etc, I have an All Sports Dynamic wrist brace OTS, and the thing is brilliant does not inhibit riding at all and do not even notice it on anymore and I wouldn't t ride without it. Would highly recommend.
Porch32
12/21/2017 6:37am
EddieC wrote:
There is a big difference between the two braces. The All Sport Dynamics (ASD) has more adjustments so you can fine tune how the brace works...

The All Sport Dynamics (ASD) has more adjustments so you can fine tune how the brace works.
The Mobius does not.

I have tried on the Mobius and it does fit well but that is it. I would compare it to an wrist guard that would wear roller blading.
If they can keep the fit and allow for more adjustments I will re-evaluate my thoughts.

The key is how well you can get the brace to fit your wrist and hand. ASD can set up your gloves with a pouch that allows the brace to attach directly to your gloves so you have zero bunching in the palm.

Think about how much your outside wrist moves when you make a turn and keep your elbows up. If you brace limits that movement unnecessarily you are setting yourself up for failure.

Thank you for the input, Eddie. This has helped a lot.
Porch32
12/21/2017 6:38am
Thanks for all the help guys!
hellion
12/21/2017 7:28am
Badly dislocated my right wrist almost ten years ago, and I'm left with a little more than half my previous range of motion (getting into the position needed for push-ups is impossible). I bought and still use the all sport brace. I don't even notice I'm wearing it. My hope is that in a fall it protects the wrist from further damage, even if it means a broken arm or hand. Having a right wrist fusion sounds like a really life altering experience that I'd like to avoid, seeing that much of my happiness in life comes from turning a throttle.
5/21/2018 6:36am
EddieC wrote:
There is a big difference between the two braces. The All Sport Dynamics (ASD) has more adjustments so you can fine tune how the brace works...

The Mobius does not.

I recently broke both my wrists so I'm looking for wrist braces to get back into riding.
I'm split between which one is better. I'll take your word for the adjustments, however there is a sudden stop in motion. The mobius tightens slowly which I believe to be a better system, just like their knee braces. And there is nothing stopping the opposite motion on the ASD. And seeing Roczen and Osborne (last year) in it, it looks like you can still get your elbows up.
So far I'm sold more on the Mobius, as I'll get a good deal on them. One side of ASD retails for as much as 2 Mobius. Plus for me there would be shipping to Europe and taxes. But I know you've got a lot of knowledge and maybe you found other aspects on this topic?

Post a reply to: Any experience with All Sport Dynamics?

The Latest