Any taller riders on 17/18 CRF 450s?

nolookpass
Edited Date/Time 9/25/2017 11:38pm
Anyone over 6' tall on a 17 or 18 Honda 450? I wanted to jump over but unsure of the ergos for a tall guy. How's it feel? Did you do anything special r/e setup? Nobody I know has one (yet).

On Yami/Kawai the triple clamp has an upper and lower setting to bump the bars forward. Honda just has the 1 spot, so I'd have to buy a new clamp from the get go.

Thanks!
|
TogaSet
Fantasy
3894th
9/25/2017 6:45pm Edited Date/Time 9/25/2017 6:48pm
I'm 6'2. I bought the 16 Kawi 450 because it has a wide open cockpit that suits taller guys. Loved the bike. On the Honda I always felt like I was sitting in a hole. And then came the 2017 honda 450. It is still compact but it has a flatter seat and the cockpit feels more spacious for taller guys. I rode my buddies 17 several times to just make sure. The new hondas aren't big but they arent cramped any more for the over 6 foot crowd. Picked up an 18 a few days ago.

centralcalmx
Fantasy
98th
9/25/2017 6:47pm
nolookpass wrote:
Anyone over 6' tall on a 17 or 18 Honda 450? I wanted to jump over but unsure of the ergos for a tall guy. How's...
Anyone over 6' tall on a 17 or 18 Honda 450? I wanted to jump over but unsure of the ergos for a tall guy. How's it feel? Did you do anything special r/e setup? Nobody I know has one (yet).

On Yami/Kawai the triple clamp has an upper and lower setting to bump the bars forward. Honda just has the 1 spot, so I'd have to buy a new clamp from the get go.

Thanks!
I'm 6'4" and have played with a few Bar Bends. I have Ride Clamps and have been running Mika MC bend and also back to stock.
I really do not feel cramped at all and I came off and 2016 KX450f.

nolookpass
9/25/2017 10:11pm
nolookpass wrote:
Anyone over 6' tall on a 17 or 18 Honda 450? I wanted to jump over but unsure of the ergos for a tall guy. How's...

Thanks!
I'm 6'4" and have played with a few Bar Bends. I have Ride Clamps and have been running Mika MC bend and also back to stock...
I'm 6'4" and have played with a few Bar Bends. I have Ride Clamps and have been running Mika MC bend and also back to stock.

Did you get a different triple clamp or lower the pegs? I'm on a '16 KX too.
9/25/2017 11:02pm
I'm 6'4" and have played with a few Bar Bends. I have Ride Clamps and have been running Mika MC bend and also back to stock...

I remember when I was 17...... I changed my number to 69. I also remember my Dad getting home from work and seeing it, and he then proceeded give me swift clap to to the back of the head. It was followed by a 3 second disgusted look followed by "douchebag." I now thank him everytime I see that number on a bike. Sweet bike though.

The Shop

snackfedbear
9/25/2017 11:30pm
I remember when I was 17...... I changed my number to 69. I also remember my Dad getting home from work and seeing it, and he...
I remember when I was 17...... I changed my number to 69. I also remember my Dad getting home from work and seeing it, and he then proceeded give me swift clap to to the back of the head. It was followed by a 3 second disgusted look followed by "douchebag." I now thank him everytime I see that number on a bike. Sweet bike though.
Seems like the number wasn't the problem
9/25/2017 11:38pm
I remember when I was 17...... I changed my number to 69. I also remember my Dad getting home from work and seeing it, and he...
Seems like the number wasn't the problem
Your right it wasn't the number, because he did the same thing when I tried to run 420 on my plates.
9/26/2017 1:11am
Im 6'1 and ride a yamaha 450 which i think is the best bike for our size. I rode a friends 17 honda for a few laps and gotta say I was pretty disappointed after hearing all the hype about it, I felt that there wasn't much room to move around on the bike and I just couldn't get comfortable. Im sure its a great bike and with some adjustments I would have enjoyed it more but I don't think I'll be buying a new honda
centralcalmx
Fantasy
98th
9/26/2017 5:13am

If it makes you feel better I run 969s in Sierra OTHG. I let big Jim moe have my 69s.

For the Kawi I did not like the Pegs lowered as it also move them forward a hair when you do that.
Went with pro taper platform pegs and the low cleats.
I did not use the stock clamps and went to ride 20mm and added the Honda Dampner.
Pretty good combo.

Post a reply to: Any taller riders on 17/18 CRF 450s?

The Latest