Anyone else remember Missy Giove?

willie838
11/29/2018 5:57am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2018 5:58am
Pretty sure she's one of the few women who ever had a hi flyers mx card (possibly the only one)

She was a mid 90s mtb psycho..... Pretty much like that one crossover dude.... But a girl.

She was head and shoulders ahead of women of her Era I believe.....

Then she just disappears.

You can always count on vice to do good investigative journalism.
[url]https://youtu.be/rbQAJMOr4-w[/url]
|
fourfourone
11/29/2018 6:04am
that's crazy! I actually was a sponsored DH rider from 14-20. She was well known when I was racing.
BB67
11/29/2018 6:38am
Yes, I remember him.
sandman768
11/29/2018 6:44am
I think she got caught up in drug running.....remember her getting arrested somewhere pretty close to where I live in Upstate....I could be wrong ....

The Shop

gt80rider
11/29/2018 6:56am
Damn, she was moving some crazy weight there....
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
11/29/2018 6:57am
I remember her mooning everyone from the chairlift at Snowshoe national years ago, she was funny.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
11/29/2018 7:08am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2018 7:11am
sandman768 wrote:
I think she got caught up in drug running.....remember her getting arrested somewhere pretty close to where I live in Upstate....I could be wrong ....
drugs you say?

Ohhh, you mean marijuana.

I don’t care for the stuff myself but “transporting” pot doesn’t exactly qualify you as a hardened drug lord in my book. lawbreaker, yes.
DoctorJD
11/29/2018 7:18am
What I took from all of that: How TF did she only get time-served (which I assume was less than a year) and house arrest for transportation and distribution of that magnitude of drugs?
TT Special
11/29/2018 7:24am
sandman768 wrote:
drugs you say? Ohhh, you mean marijuana. I don’t care for the stuff myself but “transporting” pot doesn’t exactly qualify you as a hardened drug lord...
drugs you say?

I don’t care for the stuff myself but “transporting” pot doesn’t exactly qualify you as a hardened drug lord in my book. lawbreaker, yes.
400 lbs? Blink wasn't that long hair dude Clifford (sp) involved?
agn5009
11/29/2018 7:28am
sandman768 wrote:
drugs you say? Ohhh, you mean marijuana. I don’t care for the stuff myself but “transporting” pot doesn’t exactly qualify you as a hardened drug lord...
drugs you say?

400 pounds is a lot of hooch.
Forty
11/29/2018 7:44am
sandman768 wrote:
drugs you say?

lol.

They had a million in cash and hid it in the closet! I can't believe the cops found it, the closet is such a good hiding place.

11/29/2018 7:44am
Great rabbit-hole to fall through with Missy - loved the stories and videos. She seems like an awesome person to hang out with, man I bet she has some stories!
omalley
11/29/2018 7:49am
DoctorJD wrote:
What I took from all of that: How TF did she only get time-served (which I assume was less than a year) and house arrest for...
What I took from all of that: How TF did she only get time-served (which I assume was less than a year) and house arrest for transportation and distribution of that magnitude of drugs?
Likely rolled on higher-ups would be my guess...
TT Special
11/29/2018 7:57am
seth505 wrote:
I remember her mooning everyone from the chairlift at Snowshoe national years ago, she was funny.
She signed my ass with a magic marker at a Norba National lol I remember her girl friends being very manly lookingShocked
Excaliburbmx
11/29/2018 7:58am
She is a badass. Shaun Palmer was cool too
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/29/2018 8:41am
BB67 wrote:
Yes, I remember him.
Congrats on the lamest answer.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/29/2018 8:49am
I was covering mountain bike racing in that era, and they were easily two of the most colorful characters around.

Every year at the Mt. Snow NORBA National, there would be a nude criterium next to the campground where a lot of the local riders stayed. I remember Missy participating in that one year.

At a NORBA National in Big Bear, Shaun won the downhill event, and busted out a gold lamé suit that his mom had made for the podium. He also had a bad-ass Prevost bus with checkered flag and flame graphics.

MX and SX could use some characters like that.

Oh, and that was all pre-internet era.
seth505
Fantasy
1048th
11/29/2018 8:57am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2018 8:58am
GuyB wrote:
I was covering mountain bike racing in that era, and they were easily two of the most colorful characters around. Every year at the Mt. Snow...
I was covering mountain bike racing in that era, and they were easily two of the most colorful characters around.

Every year at the Mt. Snow NORBA National, there would be a nude criterium next to the campground where a lot of the local riders stayed. I remember Missy participating in that one year.

At a NORBA National in Big Bear, Shaun won the downhill event, and busted out a gold lamé suit that his mom had made for the podium. He also had a bad-ass Prevost bus with checkered flag and flame graphics.

Holy crap, you were around for the VT naked crits? I just got into downhill around that time and started doing those norba nationals.
mx_563
11/29/2018 9:04am
GuyB wrote:
I was covering mountain bike racing in that era, and they were easily two of the most colorful characters around. Every year at the Mt. Snow...

MX/SX had JLaw, and now we have Ronnie Mac. Unsure

Steve, do you suppose the so called growth of SX/MX hinders the emergence of characters like Palm/Missy? Even in Mtn Biking, things have simmered down. I guess Cedric Gracia is the last of the colorful personalities.

Anyway, I think Missy is a total badass. She was giving zero F's before it was thing.
TJ 755
11/29/2018 9:06am
GuyB wrote:

but did she wear the pirannah???
MelonFan123
11/29/2018 9:54am
Not sure if it's really him but the guy she was arrested with posted in the comments:

Eric Canori
1 day ago (edited)
I paid her 60k to drive the load and then she tricked me and subbed the job out to her massage therapist for 3k, even after I told her she couldn’t sub the job out. Missy did 3days in jail and then gave me and a few others up. That was her role in the operation. I made the mistake of hiring a Greenhorn

sandman768
11/29/2018 10:13am
sandman768 wrote:
drugs you say?

Ya, I agree, I was not sure how to word it...where I grew up smoking pot was part of our culture, not much different than having a beer....
11/29/2018 10:20am
GuyB wrote:

TJ 755 wrote:
Yes, she was wearing it as a necklace. Too many crashes and concussions ruined her career, I still remember Vail in 2001, that was brutal!
I liked the Cannondale era but her Foes DHS Mono from the Global Racing Team was such a rad bike!
xr70
11/29/2018 10:30am
She was bad ass ! ?
nh dude
11/29/2018 10:30am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2018 10:37am
Missy the Missle ! So rad growing up watching her crush it against ACC. DH and MX needs more characters!
Who else raced NORBAs at Mt Snow ? Best DH track so nasty!
TallonT911
11/29/2018 10:32am
DoctorJD wrote:
What I took from all of that: How TF did she only get time-served (which I assume was less than a year) and house arrest for...
They received over 13 mill in cash and gold bars so they got their money out of it ha
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/29/2018 10:43am Edited Date/Time 11/29/2018 10:43am
seth505 wrote:
Holy crap, you were around for the VT naked crits? I just got into downhill around that time and started doing those norba nationals.
Yep. What's funny is that even super-fit elite athletes don't look all that great naked while riding bikes. Wink

The races were pretty comical, though.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/29/2018 10:46am
TJ 755 wrote:
Just guessing? Probably. That was a big part of the persona at that point.

Post a reply to: Anyone else remember Missy Giove?

The Latest