Anyone take over the counter meds for focus?

sam hain
Edited Date/Time 4/14/2019 10:21am
I was diagnosed border line ADD probably 10yrs ago, I tried some of the RX's but the side effects weren't worth it. Some made me lethargic, others made me very aggressive so I stopped taking them all together. Curious if anyone has found something natural to take to help with focus? I struggle during races with getting bored, I know that sounds crazy but I do. I can focus for short stints but during a race majority of the time I feel like I'm in auto pilot. I don't race MX anymore, I race off-road so my races are 2 + hours.
|
psg119
4/12/2019 9:54am
I have never taken them but I have heard good results from various nootropics. Would be worth doing the research on it as to its correlation with ADD. I'd imagine it would help. I'd also look into that and maybe also check out cbd's. I take GABA and cbd sometimes but I haven't dipped into nootropics. Haven't had a reason too.
sam hain
4/12/2019 9:57am
psg119 wrote:
I have never taken them but I have heard good results from various nootropics. Would be worth doing the research on it as to its correlation...
I have never taken them but I have heard good results from various nootropics. Would be worth doing the research on it as to its correlation with ADD. I'd imagine it would help. I'd also look into that and maybe also check out cbd's. I take GABA and cbd sometimes but I haven't dipped into nootropics. Haven't had a reason too.
I'll look into those, thanks.

The Shop

kb228
4/12/2019 10:06am
Caffeine.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/12/2019 10:43am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2019 10:49am
I Think i have Add ive always had a Hard time paying attention, especially to Reading things i wasn't interested in in school, i know everyone feels that way to some extent but like i couldn't get myself to stay focused even if i wanted to my mind would wonder , i tried adderall and i literally felt nothing from it. Im not Adhd im not hyper at all
Im Very calm, but i felt no change at all so i only took it for a couple weeks and stopped because why keep taking it right.
My reaction to it Seems like an unusual response though
Other people seem to get different reactions it seems.
I havent Tried CBD.
psg119
4/12/2019 10:46am
psg119 wrote:
I have never taken them but I have heard good results from various nootropics. Would be worth doing the research on it as to its correlation...
sam hain wrote:
I'll look into those, thanks.
No problem. Good Luck.
HusqFan3
4/12/2019 11:05am
Tarz483 wrote:
I Think i have Add ive always had a Hard time paying attention, especially to Reading things i wasn't interested in in school, i know everyone...
I Think i have Add ive always had a Hard time paying attention, especially to Reading things i wasn't interested in in school, i know everyone feels that way to some extent but like i couldn't get myself to stay focused even if i wanted to my mind would wonder , i tried adderall and i literally felt nothing from it. Im not Adhd im not hyper at all
Im Very calm, but i felt no change at all so i only took it for a couple weeks and stopped because why keep taking it right.
My reaction to it Seems like an unusual response though
Other people seem to get different reactions it seems.
I havent Tried CBD.
Just an FYI- If you felt zero effects that doesn’t mean you’re immune to amphetimine salts it just means your dosage was too low relative to your natural tolerance.

Trust me, if you were to pop a couple of 30mg IR’s you would feel it...
Doddy
4/12/2019 11:07am
Marijuana(the right strains) is the only thing that doesnt give me horrible side effects. A toke, not bong rips. I have taken all different types of pills when i was young and it was terrible. I feel your pain.
4/12/2019 11:42am
Doddy wrote:
Marijuana(the right strains) is the only thing that doesnt give me horrible side effects. A toke, not bong rips. I have taken all different types of...
Marijuana(the right strains) is the only thing that doesnt give me horrible side effects. A toke, not bong rips. I have taken all different types of pills when i was young and it was terrible. I feel your pain.
This ^^ I don't condone getting blitzed and hitting the track by any means, but in my experience I focus a lot better on technique and whats happening in front of me when I take 1 or 2 hits. Old timers will probably say I'm full of shit, but try it.
Berni
4/12/2019 2:27pm
CBD. It really helps. If I just drink caffeine, I just cannot stop overthinking everything in the bike..

Drinking a coffee and taking some CBD drops, makes me concentrate in the riding and no overthink it or think stupid scenarios while riding.
rongi#401
4/12/2019 3:02pm
Getting blazed out of my head is usually when my best moments happen on the track, I haven’t smoked in about 4 months at all and have been having a tough time getting in “the zone” on the track, just haven’t felt inspired
kb228
4/12/2019 3:13pm
I use CBD, it doesnt do anything at all for adhd. Calm the mind yes, adhd no. Maybe focus is a byproduct of not being so anxious..
Texas Built
4/12/2019 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/12/2019 3:55pm
I started giving this cereal to my kids. It works great.

psg119
4/12/2019 4:11pm
kb228 wrote:
I use CBD, it doesnt do anything at all for adhd. Calm the mind yes, adhd no. Maybe focus is a byproduct of not being so...
I use CBD, it doesnt do anything at all for adhd. Calm the mind yes, adhd no. Maybe focus is a byproduct of not being so anxious..
So while calming your mind you are still restless while using CBD?
MOTO732
4/12/2019 4:12pm
Is ADD even a real thing? I know they diagnose it regularly...but I've always been REALLY skeptical of this. A have a relative that supposedly ADD. He only brings it up when he has to do things he doesn't want to do. If he's doing things like video games or other things that he likes doing he's fine. Seems like it's a real friggin epidemic the past 15 years or so.
kb228
4/12/2019 4:21pm
kb228 wrote:
I use CBD, it doesnt do anything at all for adhd. Calm the mind yes, adhd no. Maybe focus is a byproduct of not being so...
psg119 wrote:
Cbd makes you less anxious physically and mentally. Hard to explain
psg119
4/12/2019 4:36pm
kb228 wrote:
psg119 wrote:
kb228 wrote:
I get that, I was just wondering what symptoms of your ADHD you still feel the most while on CBDs. Genuinely asking.
4/12/2019 4:42pm
Not over the counter but should look into Modafinil. Should help with your focus.
psg119
4/12/2019 4:50pm
MOTO732 wrote:
Is ADD even a real thing? I know they diagnose it regularly...but I've always been REALLY skeptical of this. A have a relative that supposedly ADD...
Is ADD even a real thing? I know they diagnose it regularly...but I've always been REALLY skeptical of this. A have a relative that supposedly ADD. He only brings it up when he has to do things he doesn't want to do. If he's doing things like video games or other things that he likes doing he's fine. Seems like it's a real friggin epidemic the past 15 years or so.
It's probably overly diagnosed but ADD/ADHD have been linked to the brain not producing enough dopamine. I have a friend that has been diagnosed and you can clearly tell he was correctly diagnosed. He's 100mph nonstop. Sometimes even with his meds Laughing
5280mx
4/12/2019 4:53pm
Doddy wrote:
Marijuana(the right strains) is the only thing that doesnt give me horrible side effects. A toke, not bong rips. I have taken all different types of...
shredder23 wrote:
This ^^ I don't condone getting blitzed and hitting the track by any means, but in my experience I focus a lot better on technique and...
This ^^ I don't condone getting blitzed and hitting the track by any means, but in my experience I focus a lot better on technique and whats happening in front of me when I take 1 or 2 hits. Old timers will probably say I'm full of shit, but try it.
Personally, a hit or two really works for me to focus and ride loose. I don't condone it for all, but for the right person it may add that extra level of focus, imho.
Dropbear
4/12/2019 4:54pm
The pot thing has been going on for a while.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/12/2019 5:02pm
Im Very Calm not Hyper not 100 mph that would be noticeable to anyone else, but think a super lot to the point it makes it hard to stay focused on one thing, and i cant turn it off at night, i guess you could call it racing thoughts,
I take Ambien witch cures it as far as going to sleep, its like a light switch, take it and 10 minutes later asleep.
Ive been wondering if CBD would help.
kb228
4/12/2019 5:17pm
psg119 wrote:
kb228 wrote:
psg119 wrote:
I get that, I was just wondering what symptoms of your ADHD you still feel the most while on CBDs. Genuinely asking.
I guess specifically, it doesnt keep you from switching tasks or losing focus All the time
MOTO732
4/12/2019 5:17pm
ADD is fucking fake. It's an easily and grossly over diagnosed malady linked to pseudo science. It comes from an inability to focus supposedly. It comes and goes. Yet when people are mildly stressed it goes away or else they go into panic attacks because they're nervous. Focusing on the task or work at hand that can't supposedly be done by some is an excuse for not being forced to get done what needs to be done. These people are excused using this "medical" condition and allowed to simply not follow through. And it is to their detriment to not expect the result... and they call it ADD. All the drugs in the world won't correct was doesn't exist. Focusing is a learned trait based on completing a desired result that you want to occur. Know the final result that you can accomplish. The focus will automatically come.
APLMAN99
4/12/2019 6:52pm
MOTO732 wrote:
ADD is fucking fake. It's an easily and grossly over diagnosed malady linked to pseudo science. It comes from an inability to focus supposedly. It comes...
ADD is fucking fake. It's an easily and grossly over diagnosed malady linked to pseudo science. It comes from an inability to focus supposedly. It comes and goes. Yet when people are mildly stressed it goes away or else they go into panic attacks because they're nervous. Focusing on the task or work at hand that can't supposedly be done by some is an excuse for not being forced to get done what needs to be done. These people are excused using this "medical" condition and allowed to simply not follow through. And it is to their detriment to not expect the result... and they call it ADD. All the drugs in the world won't correct was doesn't exist. Focusing is a learned trait based on completing a desired result that you want to occur. Know the final result that you can accomplish. The focus will automatically come.

4/12/2019 7:09pm
689 wrote:
Not over the counter but should look into Modafinil. Should help with your focus.
Modafinil is a pretty strong stimulant that will increase your heart rate a bit and may give you other stimmy side effects like a dry mouth, it's good when you find the right dose and have a ton of work to do, but doing physical activity on it isn't very fun.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1623rd
4/12/2019 7:10pm
Since stimulant therapy generally works, and does in mine and my son's case, Red Bull (or your preferred choice) actually works for short periods of time in lieu of extended release prescription meds.

Post a reply to: Anyone take over the counter meds for focus?

The Latest