Are the Canadian Nationals going to be the best MX series in the world this summer?

7/4/2020 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2020 6:09pm
With the US nationals being delayed again, the GP schedule constantly in flux and the Australian series still TBA does that mean the Rockstar Energy Nationals in Canada will possibly be the highest level of outdoor MX taking place this summer? It seems like the American riders are coming with Tyler Gibbs already in the country. Richard Taylor just signed with Sky Racing for the 250 class and things seem to be moving forward. This is not meant to be a debate about what the top series is. We all know that it's the G....AMA nationals. I'm just curious about what everyone thinks.
|
Motodave15
7/4/2020 4:35pm
Hellyeah i hope so, Because the last time i was really watching the canadian nationals was when blackfoot honda and jean sebastian roy was the man
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/4/2020 4:45pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Hellyeah i hope so, Because the last time i was really watching the canadian nationals was when blackfoot honda and jean sebastian roy was the man
If that's the case, you missed a lot of great racing.
7/4/2020 4:55pm
Motodave15 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Yep, 2014-15 and 16 was quite awesome!!

The Shop

Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
7/4/2020 5:00pm
Can't wait for them to start. Hopefully Motopark becomes a regular stop for the series!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/4/2020 5:06pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yes!
Is Matt and the crew already up here for their 14 day quarantine? The 3 moto format across Saturday and Sunday is going to be quite unique.

Should be a good year.
Motodave15
7/4/2020 5:08pm
Motodave15 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Very much the case... But mainly had to do with TV and i didnt put enough effort into finding when the races were on or their streaming services... all my fault and wish i would kept up with the boys up north. Hopefully more great racing from them to come.
loftyair
7/4/2020 5:18pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yes!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Is Matt and the crew already up here for their 14 day quarantine? The 3 moto format across Saturday and Sunday is going to be quite...
Is Matt and the crew already up here for their 14 day quarantine? The 3 moto format across Saturday and Sunday is going to be quite unique.

Should be a good year.
Whats the race day(s) schedule this year?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/4/2020 5:22pm
loftyair wrote:
To be quite honest, I'm not sure. I just know they'll race moto 1 on Saturdays and moto 2 and 3 on Sundays.
7/4/2020 5:24pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yes!
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Is Matt and the crew already up here for their 14 day quarantine? The 3 moto format across Saturday and Sunday is going to be quite...

Should be a good year.
loftyair wrote:
7/4/2020 5:26pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Should be a good year.
loftyair wrote:
They are making the final announcement on InsideX this Wednesday as far as I know. I think they will address all of that.
7/4/2020 5:39pm
If the US Nationals don't happen. What do you guys think the chances are of some bigger name American riders coming up to get some gate drops in? Or is the quarantine protocol to much of a bother?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
7/4/2020 5:48pm
If the US Nationals don't happen. What do you guys think the chances are of some bigger name American riders coming up to get some gate...
If the US Nationals don't happen. What do you guys think the chances are of some bigger name American riders coming up to get some gate drops in? Or is the quarantine protocol to much of a bother?
Hard to say. Seeing as there's a lot less traveling this year, I could see some of the East coast guys coming up and giving it a shot.

Set up base camp at Gopher Dunes or SDL and you're pretty much set for the series.
slns
7/4/2020 5:51pm
If the US Nationals don't happen. What do you guys think the chances are of some bigger name American riders coming up to get some gate...
The way it's going now with covid in the US, it's unlikely that the Canada US border will even be open. I don't even thnk that Americans are allowed to travel to Canada period, except for certain exempted essential reasons.
7/4/2020 6:15pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Hard to say. Seeing as there's a lot less traveling this year, I could see some of the East coast guys coming up and giving it...
Hard to say. Seeing as there's a lot less traveling this year, I could see some of the East coast guys coming up and giving it a shot.

Set up base camp at Gopher Dunes or SDL and you're pretty much set for the series.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I mean why not. Racers race right? I guess we'll see in the coming weeks how different teams/riders are handling the border. Hopefully it goes smoothly and that inspires more guys to come up.
TeamGreen
7/4/2020 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 6:34pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Yes!
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Should be a good year.
I could tell ya; but, I’d have to kill ya.

(Psssst...Hint: Matt, Erin and the dogs are all doing fine and his new truck and trailer have a coupl’a thousand miles on them in the last 72 hours...but, I answer ain’t one to gossip)
hamncheeze
7/4/2020 6:27pm
Unless those riders have contracts and the teams can prove they are essential to “operation”, I doubt anyone is coming up to race. While things in Canada have not been ideal in Covid management, we have done a reasonable job, travel-related cases were proven early on to be a major contributor. As much as I’m a fan of Moto I’m fine if we keep the border closed to all but truly essential travel.

Flame away.
7/4/2020 6:33pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Unless those riders have contracts and the teams can prove they are essential to “operation”, I doubt anyone is coming up to race. While things in...
Unless those riders have contracts and the teams can prove they are essential to “operation”, I doubt anyone is coming up to race. While things in Canada have not been ideal in Covid management, we have done a reasonable job, travel-related cases were proven early on to be a major contributor. As much as I’m a fan of Moto I’m fine if we keep the border closed to all but truly essential travel.

Flame away.
Hold on one sec. Motocross is essential. :-)
TeamGreen
7/4/2020 6:35pm
hamncheeze wrote:
Unless those riders have contracts and the teams can prove they are essential to “operation”, I doubt anyone is coming up to race. While things in...

Flame away.
Ummmm....ok.

But, some of those damn stinky Muricans may have already snuck under the fence and could be there already...
hamncheeze
7/4/2020 6:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 6:57pm
hamncheeze wrote:

Flame away.
TeamGreen wrote:
Ummmm....ok.

But, some of those damn stinky Muricans may have already snuck under the fence and could be there already...
Well that's on our relatively porous border control. But believe me, out west the public are demanding the federal government keep control of the border. Unfortunately a shit-ass province like Quebec will probably let everyone in anyway.
TeamGreen
7/4/2020 7:02pm
hamncheeze wrote:

Flame away.
TeamGreen wrote:
Ummmm....ok.

hamncheeze wrote:
Well that's on our relatively porous border control. But believe me, out west the public are demanding the federal government keep control of the border. Unfortunately...
Well that's on our relatively porous border control. But believe me, out west the public are demanding the federal government keep control of the border. Unfortunately a shit-ass province like Quebec will probably let everyone in anyway.
Ontario let this guy in. Seems he had all his papers. No worries.

Now, whatever those damn pot smokin’ hippies out in BC are doing...well...that doesn’t concern us. We come to race. We don’t do....“Mostly Peaceful”. We don’t wear the latest t-shirts with all those “woke” slogans.

We ride dirt-bikes.

We don’t get too close to them folks with the Cooties, either.

We race.

I’m jus’ sayin’...
7/4/2020 7:09pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Ummmm....ok.

hamncheeze wrote:
Well that's on our relatively porous border control. But believe me, out west the public are demanding the federal government keep control of the border. Unfortunately...
TeamGreen wrote:
Ontario let this guy in. Seems he had all his papers. No worries. Now, whatever those damn pot smokin’ hippies out in BC are doing...well...that doesn’t...

Now, whatever those damn pot smokin’ hippies out in BC are doing...well...that doesn’t concern us. We come to race. We don’t do....“Mostly Peaceful”. We don’t wear the latest t-shirts with all those “woke” slogans.

We ride dirt-bikes.

We race.

I’m jus’ sayin’...
Anyways. Let's not get to bogged down into who's letting who in and just assume the border officials know how to do their job. Let's be real here, a hand full of moto peeps coming into the country isn't going to change much.
hamncheeze
7/4/2020 7:13pm
Anyways. Let's not get to bogged down into who's letting who in and just assume the border officials know how to do their job. Let's be...
Anyways. Let's not get to bogged down into who's letting who in and just assume the border officials know how to do their job. Let's be real here, a hand full of moto peeps coming into the country isn't going to change much.
Where does it stop then? Moto is hardly essential. Again, WE CANADIANS have done a reasonable job. I'm fine if we have a truly Canadian MX series this summer. Hell, our younger guys need the coverage and confidence.
hamncheeze
7/4/2020 7:14pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Ontario let this guy in. Seems he had all his papers. No worries. Now, whatever those damn pot smokin’ hippies out in BC are doing...well...that doesn’t...

We ride dirt-bikes.

We race.

I’m jus’ sayin’...
How are we that much different than the pot smoking Californians? Oh wait....
loftyair
7/4/2020 7:15pm
Is Alessi, or goerke, or any other big names you know of participating?
TeamGreen
7/4/2020 7:16pm
“Truly Canadian”?

Dude, I’m glad we don’t “play that card” down here. Bring them all. Bring the best. Let’s race.
7/4/2020 7:19pm
Anyways. Let's not get to bogged down into who's letting who in and just assume the border officials know how to do their job. Let's be...
hamncheeze wrote:
Where does it stop then? Moto is hardly essential. Again, WE CANADIANS have done a reasonable job. I'm fine if we have a truly Canadian MX...
Where does it stop then? Moto is hardly essential. Again, WE CANADIANS have done a reasonable job. I'm fine if we have a truly Canadian MX series this summer. Hell, our younger guys need the coverage and confidence.
I agree with you there. I'm all about the Canadian guys getting a shot on good rides. But, it seem's to me that the reality of the situation is, at least some people with all their ducks in a row are being allowed to cross into the country. I've just had enough of Covid debate for one lifetime is all. It's a unique year, with unique challenges so let's at least enjoy some moto and watch some top guys do battle!
mb60
7/4/2020 7:30pm
loftyair wrote:
Is Alessi, or goerke, or any other big names you know of participating?
Philthy Phil is all we need to fly the USA Flag.
TeamGreen
7/4/2020 7:32pm
Phil
Matt
Maybe even a Yankee or two in the 250s...

But, DW is on a FoFiddy and he is gonna “bring it”.
Canada has a bright future.
hamncheeze
7/4/2020 7:33pm
TeamGreen wrote:
“Truly Canadian”?

Dude, I’m glad we don’t “play that card” down here. Bring them all. Bring the best. Let’s race.
Suits your agenda well.

In the big picture, I guess I don't care too much. The series is all in Ontario and Quebec anyway. Or Upper Canada if we are being historical. Tell your guy Matt to watch out for the French Canadian girls Whistling

Post a reply to: Are the Canadian Nationals going to be the best MX series in the world this summer?

The Latest