Aus mx silly season

Dm370
Edited Date/Time 9/16/2017 4:06am
I know down here there are a few teams pulling out for the 2018 season . No kawi / Honda ? Who will be next ? I think there will be a few riders doing it off there own back again ?
|
snape99
9/14/2017 1:22pm
Wish the U/19 class would pull out too.
Just another junior class which isn't helping anyone
Tonynz
9/14/2017 5:50pm
snape99 wrote:
The always thought the under 19 class, was a good idea.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/15/2017 9:46pm
snape99 wrote:
Tonynz wrote:
its not, the best guys should be racing MX2, if Hunter Lawerence has stayed, he would have had to race the under 19's for a year,

they should take a lead from us, and turn under 19's into a 125 class,

The Shop

tobz
9/15/2017 10:07pm
There's an aust mx series?
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
9/15/2017 10:45pm
Chances Ferris returns for the 3peat?
Tonynz
9/15/2017 11:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2017 11:50pm
snape99 wrote:
Tonynz wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
its not, the best guys should be racing MX2, if Hunter Lawerence has stayed, he would have had to race the under 19's for a year...
its not, the best guys should be racing MX2, if Hunter Lawerence has stayed, he would have had to race the under 19's for a year,

Hey Scotty, remember a NZer won that series in 2013
Tonynz
9/15/2017 11:49pm
Tonynz wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
its not, the best guys should be racing MX2, if Hunter Lawerence has stayed, he would have had to race the under 19's for a year...

Tonynz wrote:

mxmaniac
9/16/2017 4:17am
Not as much attendance as we would all like I think. The thing that I have never understood in our MX series is why cant they start in WA onto SA then VIC then NSW then finishing in QLD. That way it moves in one direction up the coast to Coolum for the final round. I haven't payed much attention to venues and dates other than the rounds I attend lately.. but if they are still travelling up and down several times it seems crazy. There more than likely is a logical reason that I am unaware of. Could they allow free entry the top 10 state level riders in each class try qualify in their home state rounds to generate some more interest? This would bring families and friends of them riders through the gates id imagine.
brash
9/16/2017 5:49pm
Literally working as a Manager at Macca's would earn a higher wage than been a top 5 250F guy at the moment.

These guys risk their lives for little to no reward, foregoing educations for that 1/1,000,000 shot of making a successful living from the sport.

it really is a shame.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/16/2017 6:45pm
scott_nz wrote:

Tonynz wrote:
Tonynz wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/15/214977/s1200_IMG_1028.jpg[/img]

Lamont won it in 2012 as well,
chump6784
9/17/2017 12:57am
When the teams are spending huge money on transporters there isn't much money to pay riders.

There is next to no promotion here. I wanted to go to the echo valley round but missed it cos i didn't see anything about it. The series came down to the wire at coolum in the mx2 class yet i knew nothing about it
pdub187
Fantasy
2532nd
9/17/2017 2:36am
chump6784 wrote:
When the teams are spending huge money on transporters there isn't much money to pay riders. There is next to no promotion here. I wanted to...
When the teams are spending huge money on transporters there isn't much money to pay riders.

There is next to no promotion here. I wanted to go to the echo valley round but missed it cos i didn't see anything about it. The series came down to the wire at coolum in the mx2 class yet i knew nothing about it
A bit of that has to be on you though. There are ads in adb, fullnoise posts updates etc, the mx nationals Facebook page has all the info in the world and is just a like away.
block75
9/17/2017 2:55am
kevin204 wrote:
Chances Ferris returns for the 3peat?
I heard he had some options after his Camio ride in the US earlier this year but things have gone quit about that lately but If he stays it's a possibility, I'm putting my money on young rookie Egan Mastin though, if he can stay healthy and un injured through supercross he will give ferris a real good run for his money outdoors. Egan has just signed with factory KTM 250 for SX and straight to the 450 in 2018, under the guidance of Jay Marmont and a good off season this kid will be pressuring the top guys at the front
chump6784
9/17/2017 3:27am
chump6784 wrote:
When the teams are spending huge money on transporters there isn't much money to pay riders. There is next to no promotion here. I wanted to...

pdub187 wrote:
A bit of that has to be on you though. There are ads in adb, fullnoise posts updates etc, the mx nationals Facebook page has all...
A bit of that has to be on you though. There are ads in adb, fullnoise posts updates etc, the mx nationals Facebook page has all the info in the world and is just a like away.
You have a point. I don't do a lot on social media but your comment made me like both fullnoise and adb. I don't know how much advertising was done locally, i live 3 hours from each of those events but i don't know how much advertising went into attracting those outside of the sport
9/17/2017 4:50am
mxmaniac wrote:
Not as much attendance as we would all like I think. The thing that I have never understood in our MX series is why cant they...
Not as much attendance as we would all like I think. The thing that I have never understood in our MX series is why cant they start in WA onto SA then VIC then NSW then finishing in QLD. That way it moves in one direction up the coast to Coolum for the final round. I haven't payed much attention to venues and dates other than the rounds I attend lately.. but if they are still travelling up and down several times it seems crazy. There more than likely is a logical reason that I am unaware of. Could they allow free entry the top 10 state level riders in each class try qualify in their home state rounds to generate some more interest? This would bring families and friends of them riders through the gates id imagine.
DUDE!!!! Hit the nail on the head!!! Perfect Idea Smart!

Only thing is you suggested it not someone from MA so they would find a reason not to.... I was at the WA, State round today! the sport appears to still be healthy! we just need to make it more affordable attract more riders, start by Less fee's!!
If there are clubs in Australia racing without being MA Affiliated pre haps the people at MA could look at this and think hmmmm... Save on Entry, Save on licences Club membership maybe more people race? its a damn shame the best sport in the world is so small!

Post a reply to: Aus mx silly season

The Latest