Aus sx

fanger
Edited Date/Time 9/24/2017 3:57am
Howdy friends, anybody know if the Aus sx is being live streamed? Cheers.
|
Jrewing
9/22/2017 6:49pm
18 entrants in 450's. Roll around for top 15 maybe
tobz
9/22/2017 6:56pm
Lol the what?
jemcee
9/22/2017 11:41pm
Great question was just looking myself.. found nothing

The Shop

block75
9/23/2017 12:24am
No live streams for this round only updates via twitter or moto online website, which won't be very much maybe an update every 4-5 laps not like the US moto media that can an age to update very regularly during a race. The Aus moto media could learn a lot from the Us guys as far as social media interaction and updating goes.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
9/23/2017 3:00am
Jrewing wrote:
Only 15 in qualifying , really bad turnout for round 1
block75
9/23/2017 3:07am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 3:19am
Hayden Melrose takes the sx2 / lites main event, from Gavin faith, Mitch Evans, Jay Wilson and Wilson Todd rounding out the top 5
Jrewing
9/23/2017 3:22am
Jrewing wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
Geez i better get down to Mossy's to get my endoresment. I'd be happy with 15th
block75
9/23/2017 3:43am
SX1 went to Justin Brayton from, Ferris, Reardon, Luke Clout, and Todd Waters rounding out top 5
fanger
9/23/2017 3:49am
No coverage or livestream and they wonder why teams are shutting down and the sport is basically unknown. Thank god for the fellas behind the Aus-x open. they're the only chance this sport has of becoming something in this country.
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
9/23/2017 3:53am
block75 wrote:
SX1 went to Justin Brayton from, Ferris, Reardon, Luke Clout, and Todd Waters rounding out top 5
So Ferris who supposedly cant ride supercross passes and beats Reardon who is a supercross only rider Dry
9/23/2017 4:03am
Anyone know if Brayton was on another level than the Aussie riders? Was hoping Ferris and Reardon would be able to challenge him for the title.
block75
9/23/2017 4:03am Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 2:52pm
block75 wrote:
Stoop wrote:
So Ferris who supposedly cant ride supercross passes and beats Reardon who is a supercross only rider Dry
Ferris can ride SX he just hasn't ridden it much, except for last year series he hasn't really ridden SX for like 3-4 years. The depth in Australia in this sport is very shallow and it doesn't help that the mx series is ordinary at best and SX is starting to get better with the different promoters putting on different rounds, but it's just not affordable and no momey to be made unless you are a top 5 guy at best
block75
9/23/2017 4:05am
689 wrote:
Anyone know if Brayton was on another level than the Aussie riders? Was hoping Ferris and Reardon would be able to challenge him for the title.
About 5-6 secs ahead at the finish but not sure if he backed it off the last half a lap
Dougy1
9/23/2017 4:20am
Jrewing wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
That's embarrassing I'm sorry but my sons under 8 QLD or Australian titles bmx are wayyyy more stacked and I'm dead set serious. Bmx has gotta way more affordable and accessible .. with it being a Olympic sport. Solid coaching , affordable but not cheap at elite level .. But still u have multiple quality Olymipic level tracks within the Gold Coast -Australia and America even Europe where I took my son to race . And if your child shows talent or hard work it's still wayyyy more affordable even if u pay for solid coaching.. On another thread I mentioned the accessibility of MX .
Dougy1
9/23/2017 4:33am
block75 wrote:
Stoop wrote:
block75 wrote:
Ferris can ride SX he just hasn't ridden it much, except for last year series he hasn't really ridden SX for like 3-4 years. The depth...
Ferris can ride SX he just hasn't ridden it much, except for last year series he hasn't really ridden SX for like 3-4 years. The depth in Australia in this sport is very shallow and it doesn't help that the mx series is ordinary at best and SX is starting to get better with the different promoters putting on different rounds, but it's just not affordable and no momey to be made unless you are a top 5 guy at best
Not sure about the sx series in Australia but as far as the Aus x goes,,, He looked average in the whoops on his Instagram compared to Reed ( my boy lol ) But he is a animal outdoors , I think he can A . Possibly beat Reed and Grant in a heat race , but they might punt him in the main . Or he could clean slate them except for Anderson . I'm just hoping for some overtime so I can get down to Sydney to watch. Could be epic
block75
9/23/2017 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 2:55pm
Stoop wrote:
block75 wrote:
Ferris can ride SX he just hasn't ridden it much, except for last year series he hasn't really ridden SX for like 3-4 years. The depth...
Dougy1 wrote:
Not sure about the sx series in Australia but as far as the Aus x goes,,, He looked average in the whoops on his Instagram compared...
Not sure about the sx series in Australia but as far as the Aus x goes,,, He looked average in the whoops on his Instagram compared to Reed ( my boy lol ) But he is a animal outdoors , I think he can A . Possibly beat Reed and Grant in a heat race , but they might punt him in the main . Or he could clean slate them except for Anderson . I'm just hoping for some overtime so I can get down to Sydney to watch. Could be epic
I don't think ferris will be close enough at Aus x, maybe if he gets the start but after lap 2-3 he'll be behind grant Reed Anderson and Brayton, Brayton is fast but he isn't as quick as Grant Anderson and Reed (depending on what he turns up on and if he has had enough time to get the bike dialled) and he put 5-6 secs on ferris and Reardon, his last lap was 3.5 secs slower than his average lap time so he probably had like a 8 sec gap coming into his last lap, so I don't think ferris will be that big a threat but he could get a bit of a role on and prove everyone wrong like he did in the US outdoors earlier this year but SX is a different animal
Dm370
9/23/2017 3:06pm
What happend the the Egan Mastin?
block75
9/23/2017 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 3:32pm
Crash I believe didn't line up for lcq after not a great heat result, not confirmed though as the Aus moto media aren't very informative and social media interaction is like getting blood out of a stone
9/23/2017 3:31pm
Stoop wrote:
block75 wrote:
Dougy1 wrote:
Not sure about the sx series in Australia but as far as the Aus x goes,,, He looked average in the whoops on his Instagram compared...
Let's not forget that he's still in motocross mode. He was testing for des Nations on Wednesday then on Thursday did sx testing.
Deans very smooth and his lap times are usually constant.
Would of good to see if Mosig and Long didn't crash as they were fast all night, maybe challenge Brayton for a while.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
9/23/2017 5:14pm
block75 wrote:
Im sure if the Aus moto media had 1% of the budget of the American media it would be possible!

Then add in the fact that it was near on impossible to get any posts out from the track.

The majority of the updates coming out were not from the track , but being done from the live timing avaliable.

We live in a world were everyone wants information for free and information is provided at no cost to the consumer, guess at the end of the day the Australian moto fans are currently getting what they pay for.
Dropbear
9/23/2017 5:25pm

Motocross in Australia had a higher profile in these days. FTA television coverage, outside industry sponsors, 2 rows of riders and 10-15,000 spectators.
Deja New
9/23/2017 8:03pm
Dropbear wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/23/216400/s1200_IMG_3852.jpg[/img] Motocross in Australia had a higher profile in these days. FTA television coverage, outside industry sponsors, 2 rows of riders and 10-15,000 spectators.

Motocross in Australia had a higher profile in these days. FTA television coverage, outside industry sponsors, 2 rows of riders and 10-15,000 spectators.
We even had regional ax titles back then! I raced in one year chandler, rockhampton, Townsville, boondal, Dalby, and I think it was archafeild all packed out crowds too. Was awesome back then I even remember back too 1982 I think it was Lang park in Brisbane they held a proper six race Steven Gall got second to some guy form the USA can’t Renner who he was but it was a packed stadium with tv coverage. Now the sport has died Sad
block75
9/23/2017 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 9/23/2017 8:51pm
block75 wrote:
aaryn #234 wrote:
Im sure if the Aus moto media had 1% of the budget of the American media it would be possible! Then add in the fact that...
Im sure if the Aus moto media had 1% of the budget of the American media it would be possible!

Then add in the fact that it was near on impossible to get any posts out from the track.

The majority of the updates coming out were not from the track , but being done from the live timing avaliable.

We live in a world were everyone wants information for free and information is provided at no cost to the consumer, guess at the end of the day the Australian moto fans are currently getting what they pay for.
I get budgets would be hard to find but that also comes back to no one knowing there is even an event on so no company is going to want to pump money into something with little spectator base so considering your never going to draw a crowd when there is next to no promotional work on events, for example last time rayond terrace held a national, there was next to nothing in the local media to get people interested in the event let alone know it was actually on until after it was held when they gave it a 30 sec if that wrap on the local news. Even a local to Newcastle area in Mastin who just won the Australian title got no coverage what so ever and when I talked to a guy I knew from the local media they had never knew they were racing and one of the others said they were thinking of looking into but better chance of getting an easy story out of the local footy team.

As far as the social media stuff goes I know at fullnoise you try to respond when you can even if it was question regarding anything from a rider etc on a week day but other media types within the industry have a response rate of about .5% if your lucky and that's not even on race day, and considering there is sometimes interest from overseas people trying to keep up to date, it's a bit soft to say you get what you pay for when they aren't even in the country, if you can get live timing at a track then you can service?

More coverage would result in more interest and In turn more money back into the sport. I reckon they would have more return for investment if they scraped the live stream which had an average of just over 500 viewers and maybe broadcast certain races in the series it would attract a greater audience base than just over 500 people on the live stream that aren't able to get to the track and would age people look harder for an event around there area.

Just my 2 cents worth but I won't hold my breathe for change when the options / questions don't get heard or acknowledged, after all fans are the ones they want to go there to spend their money aren't they so again to say they get what they pay for well the Aus moto fans are the ones turning up mostly but they aren't the ones we need to convince it's the outside people that know nothing about the sport that need to be reached AND kept interested
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
9/24/2017 12:31am
block75 wrote:
aaryn #234 wrote:
Im sure if the Aus moto media had 1% of the budget of the American media it would be possible! Then add in the fact that...

block75 wrote:
I get budgets would be hard to find but that also comes back to no one knowing there is even an event on so no company...
I get budgets would be hard to find but that also comes back to no one knowing there is even an event on so no company is going to want to pump money into something with little spectator base so considering your never going to draw a crowd when there is next to no promotional work on events, for example last time rayond terrace held a national, there was next to nothing in the local media to get people interested in the event let alone know it was actually on until after it was held when they gave it a 30 sec if that wrap on the local news. Even a local to Newcastle area in Mastin who just won the Australian title got no coverage what so ever and when I talked to a guy I knew from the local media they had never knew they were racing and one of the others said they were thinking of looking into but better chance of getting an easy story out of the local footy team.

As far as the social media stuff goes I know at fullnoise you try to respond when you can even if it was question regarding anything from a rider etc on a week day but other media types within the industry have a response rate of about .5% if your lucky and that's not even on race day, and considering there is sometimes interest from overseas people trying to keep up to date, it's a bit soft to say you get what you pay for when they aren't even in the country, if you can get live timing at a track then you can service?

More coverage would result in more interest and In turn more money back into the sport. I reckon they would have more return for investment if they scraped the live stream which had an average of just over 500 viewers and maybe broadcast certain races in the series it would attract a greater audience base than just over 500 people on the live stream that aren't able to get to the track and would age people look harder for an event around there area.

Just my 2 cents worth but I won't hold my breathe for change when the options / questions don't get heard or acknowledged, after all fans are the ones they want to go there to spend their money aren't they so again to say they get what they pay for well the Aus moto fans are the ones turning up mostly but they aren't the ones we need to convince it's the outside people that know nothing about the sport that need to be reached AND kept interested
Had a long winded response to post, but can't sit and type that much right now lol.

Not having a dig at you, its a complicated subject, the I can't see getting better any time soon.

Ill try to respond sometime soon, going to finish getting some photos together, will try and get some more info and details about the event up over the next couple of days if im not to tired from work Smile

One thing I will say is unless something has changed at the next venue I would expect even less info coming out on the night, last time I was at ride park there was little to no phone reception, only place I have been to that was worse was Coonabarrabran, that place did have Zero phone reception at the track.
JB479
9/24/2017 12:46am
Sx2 wasnt to bad but they need to get more sx1 entries. Bit of a shame ktm pulled out. Less factory rides each year it seems.
block75
9/24/2017 1:44am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2017 1:46am
aaryn #234 wrote:
Had a long winded response to post, but can't sit and type that much right now lol. Not having a dig at you, its a complicated...
Had a long winded response to post, but can't sit and type that much right now lol.

Not having a dig at you, its a complicated subject, the I can't see getting better any time soon.

Ill try to respond sometime soon, going to finish getting some photos together, will try and get some more info and details about the event up over the next couple of days if im not to tired from work Smile

One thing I will say is unless something has changed at the next venue I would expect even less info coming out on the night, last time I was at ride park there was little to no phone reception, only place I have been to that was worse was Coonabarrabran, that place did have Zero phone reception at the track.
Hopefully something changes soon but yeah I know it's a complicated subject and people have work that takes up a lot of time, I think their are some that are trying to help / fix our sport just may take a bit of time and hopefully their efforts don't go unnoticed

Agree on Coonabarabran that place is woeful for service, and a lot of the top quality tracks aren't exactley in the bigger townships were phone service etc are not an issue, but if we want the best racing at the best tracks that's where we have to go, just need to find a solution that works for everyone and we can get more interest from outside the industry to want them to be apart of the sport.
9/24/2017 3:57am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2017 3:59am
block75 wrote:
aaryn #234 wrote:

So who the fuck do you pay to watch something that isnt broadcast? people would pay if it was available
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
9/24/2017 5:05am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2017 5:06am
dirtaddict wrote:
So who the fuck do you pay to watch something that isnt broadcast? people would pay if it was available
It has been proven that they won't, well not anywhere near enough to cover the cost of it.

In saying that I'll ask some questions this week and see if there will be anything for up coming rounds.

The promoters running the next two rounds did not have a stream last year.

Aus-X there will be plenty of updates, we can't get out on track to shoot, so good chance there will be a few outlets just running constant race updates either on sites or social media.

Hopefully the final round from Jimboomba is broadcast via a stream

Round one was recorded and was shown live on a big screen at the track, I just don't think there was the option to get a stream out live, but I am 99% sure it will be online in the next 24 to 48 hours, again ill follow that up tomorrow.

I will be at the last round, There won't be as much need for images from their apart from the podium stuff, ill do my best to get what I can out.

Speedhive (mylaps) is the place for live timing, I am pretty sure that was coming through live all last night.

I have just uploaded 100 images over at Fullnoise (sorry for the Spam) if anyone wants to check out some of the action shots.

Not quite the lighting levels you will see at a AMA SX, but we did what we could once the sun went down.

The Canon 7D and 6D were at their limits. If anyone wants to throw me a couple of 1DX's feel free haha

Aus Supercross Round 1 Images

Post a reply to: Aus sx

The Latest