BB4...about Tomac takeout

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 10:50pm
With all the hoopla around here over the way Eli Tomac & Justin Barcia raced/bumped each other at Atlanta...and the ensuing back & forth between them after the finish...has Blake Baggett commented at all regarding the chop Tomac gave him coming out of that left hander?

I know Tomac fans will say that Blake turned down too soon...Baggett supporters will say Tomac targeted and torpedoed Blake. Eli owned it and said it was his own fault...and I give him huge credit for that.

But...how did Baggett feel about it? Has he said anything?
|
Motofinne
3/4/2020 6:52am
JT said on the Racer X review show that Baggett was extremely angry about it and that Eli has one coming.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/4/2020 6:56am
It was also said that Tomac went over to the RM KTM truck after the race to apologize to Blake, but he was already gone.

If Blake can’t see that as the accident it was, then he hasn’t changed since he was an amateur.
Jordan421
Fantasy
2594th
3/4/2020 7:06am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
It was also said that Tomac went over to the RM KTM truck after the race to apologize to Blake, but he was already gone. If...
It was also said that Tomac went over to the RM KTM truck after the race to apologize to Blake, but he was already gone.

If Blake can’t see that as the accident it was, then he hasn’t changed since he was an amateur.
Not using your head and tanking someone out by being aggressive isn’t an accident
280driver
3/4/2020 7:14am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
It was also said that Tomac went over to the RM KTM truck after the race to apologize to Blake, but he was already gone. If...

Jordan421 wrote:
Not using your head and tanking someone out by being aggressive isn’t an accident
Accident=unintentional. This was an accident. I’m glad he apologized though.

The Shop

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/4/2020 7:25am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Jordan421 wrote:
What I meant by accident is that the contact made and the result was not intended. Was there going to be contact? Yes, chances are pretty high. Was it meant to be anything like it was? Absolutely not.

I dropped the gate for Baggett a lot when he was an amateur racing with CMC in So Cal and he pulled plenty of stupid shit and then said it was all the other riders fault. He’s been racing long enough and if he can’t see that what happened wasn’t intended and still tries to go after Tomac, he hasn’t grown up at all over the last 10+ years.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
3/4/2020 7:25am
Not good for Tomac to have two damn fast enemies on the track when you are tied for the red plate
FerCzD
3/4/2020 7:44am
Tomac might have for sure have one coming. But it's more likely to get it back by Barcia, he's been fast this year and closer to him. The way Bagget has ridden this season, he is delusional if he believes he'll give Eli a hard time.
TXDirt
3/4/2020 7:46am
And it will just be a "racing incident" when Bagget puts him on the ground.
davistld01
3/4/2020 7:47am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2020 7:48am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
What I meant by accident is that the contact made and the result was not intended. Was there going to be contact? Yes, chances are pretty...
What I meant by accident is that the contact made and the result was not intended. Was there going to be contact? Yes, chances are pretty high. Was it meant to be anything like it was? Absolutely not.

I dropped the gate for Baggett a lot when he was an amateur racing with CMC in So Cal and he pulled plenty of stupid shit and then said it was all the other riders fault. He’s been racing long enough and if he can’t see that what happened wasn’t intended and still tries to go after Tomac, he hasn’t grown up at all over the last 10+ years.
Emotions and adrenaline are running high, especially in that case where Baggett was in the best position he's been in all year to hit the podium...only to have Tomac ruin it, intentionally or not. Whether it was an accident on Eli's side or maybe it was just more contact than he counted on (as it took him out as well)...I can certainly see Blake being very pissed about it. Baggett had a lot more to lose than Tomac.

You sound like you're more than a little biased against Baggett, from a long time ago.
gt80rider
3/4/2020 7:55am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2020 7:56am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
What I meant by accident is that the contact made and the result was not intended. Was there going to be contact? Yes, chances are pretty...

Furthermore..... as an elite level factory rider and multi time champion.... at That level, it is on YOU, not the guy doing the ramming, if you get cleaned out.. I am a big BB fan...... but you can not win races or championships laying on the ground... if you gotta give up a position to stay upright, give it up, then go get it right back...
Excaliburbmx
3/4/2020 8:27am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
Emotions and adrenaline are running high, especially in that case where Baggett was in the best position he's been in all year to hit the podium...only...
Emotions and adrenaline are running high, especially in that case where Baggett was in the best position he's been in all year to hit the podium...only to have Tomac ruin it, intentionally or not. Whether it was an accident on Eli's side or maybe it was just more contact than he counted on (as it took him out as well)...I can certainly see Blake being very pissed about it. Baggett had a lot more to lose than Tomac.

You sound like you're more than a little biased against Baggett, from a long time ago.
Don’t count on a podium that early in a race.
three9zero
3/4/2020 8:33am
100%, BB4 had to faster riders closing fast and was not leading the race, that ride was perhaps top 5....to think he was going to hold off 51, 3, or reel in Kenny is fantasy.
TeamGreen
3/4/2020 8:36am
I like Eli; but, he's had a season...so far...where he's had run-ins with a few guys that're gonna be more aggressive with him as the season progresses. And, that means that the Eli fan-boys are gonna "lose their shit" when a coupl'a guys knock the red off of his number-plate.

Grinning
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
3/4/2020 8:46am
Maybe for once Eli can get a break and the guys will take him out in a heat race or practice....doubt it though, probably will happen when he is close to the end of the season in a main event that is critical.

I would apologize to Bagget in person the next time he sees him and even with Barcia, I would say the truth, he didn't mean to hit him that hard as I believe that is what Eli said about that contact. If Barcia doesn't want to let it go then start pushing back if the racing get dicey. As a big Eli fan I would imagine his chances at this title took a big nose dive last weekend, not only did he lose 7 points but he has sparked something with 2 guys that he doesn't have the best past with.
davistld01
3/4/2020 8:52am
three9zero wrote:
100%, BB4 had to faster riders closing fast and was not leading the race, that ride was perhaps top 5....to think he was going to hold...
100%, BB4 had to faster riders closing fast and was not leading the race, that ride was perhaps top 5....to think he was going to hold off 51, 3, or reel in Kenny is fantasy.
Point taken. You're right...maybe I should have said that Blake was in one of the best spots he's been in all season.

303MX
3/4/2020 8:53am
When’s Savatgy coming back? After Tomac stiffed Joey at the Monster Cup - if anybody has a reason to help make it harder for Tomac to win the SX title - it’s him.
3/4/2020 8:56am
Just by Tomac getting in the verbal with Barcia, shows that Barcia is in Tomac's head. Tomac has always been a head case. I look for Kenny to go on a run and win the championship while tomac fights off his enemies.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/4/2020 9:02am
Tomac is fast enough and strong enough that he should have the rest of this series covered. Kenny is just fast enough to capitalize on any mistakes and he'll be there until the end. They still have to run all the races, and with Tomac's recent SX history and two riders who *might* play spoilers, I like Kroc's chances.
Motoxdoc
3/4/2020 9:21am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

You mean Blake got angry when people took him out as an amateur too?
FlaNard
3/4/2020 9:27am
Well, Blake has every right to be pissed. Eli has done all that he can do since then which is try to apologize in person at the KTM rig and made an instagram post owning up to his mistake. What happens now gets interesting. All good news for Kenny. I'd hate to see the title decided by a takeout and I like Eli well enough but if Blake punts him over a berm he can't act shocked. Hope it doesn't happen but we'll see.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
3/4/2020 9:40am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

Motoxdoc wrote:
You mean Blake got angry when people took him out as an amateur too?
No, he got pissed after he took out other riders and went down himself. I watched first hand at Perris. He took out Bruce Rutherford as well as going down himself and got up pissed off and swinging at Bruce. It was bullshit and everyone there that saw it couldn’t believe it.
3/4/2020 9:44am
BB4 is about 5'7 and looks like he weighs 155 lbs. Not sure anyone is going to be too worried if they are wearing a helmet and he is swinging. I like BB4, but man he is a little guy.
BigBoreFan58
3/4/2020 9:48am
Just by Tomac getting in the verbal with Barcia, shows that Barcia is in Tomac's head. Tomac has always been a head case. I look for...
Just by Tomac getting in the verbal with Barcia, shows that Barcia is in Tomac's head. Tomac has always been a head case. I look for Kenny to go on a run and win the championship while tomac fights off his enemies.
I'd love to see KRoc win this. I'm a big fan of the guy. He's fast when he gets a start. He seems to struggle coming thru the pack, which was his specialty in the past. No matter where Kenny finishes, he's already a winner in my eyes. That dude has been thru some shit.

3/4/2020 10:00am
Just by Tomac getting in the verbal with Barcia, shows that Barcia is in Tomac's head. Tomac has always been a head case. I look for...
I'd love to see KRoc win this. I'm a big fan of the guy. He's fast when he gets a start. He seems to struggle coming...
I'd love to see KRoc win this. I'm a big fan of the guy. He's fast when he gets a start. He seems to struggle coming thru the pack, which was his specialty in the past. No matter where Kenny finishes, he's already a winner in my eyes. That dude has been thru some shit.

Agreed.... Kenny would be my first choice....he TRULY deserves a title. Webb has more titles in him and he's just getting started so another can wait. If Barcia were to win....we'll have a MX world meltdown...but it would be awesome to see him win it. I'm going on record....Tomac never wins an SX title.

I like all the riders....but as I've said before, Tomac is my least favorite. Crazy fast...but a head-case.
gregyou
3/4/2020 10:17am
I'd love to see KRoc win this. I'm a big fan of the guy. He's fast when he gets a start. He seems to struggle coming...

Ken has had a good start out front and still been ran down by tomac.
KX500
3/4/2020 10:53am
"Kenny would be my first choice....he TRULY deserves a title."

But the guy who has twice as many SX wins as KRoc, doesn't deserve a title?

Sure, makes sense!

Honestly, it would be cool to see Eli & KRoc both win SX titles before they are done.
keinz
3/4/2020 11:26am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2020 12:54pm
What are you guys expect? Tomac had a championship at stake. If he wasn't agressive last weekend, he would finish in the 12th place.. All good by my book. It's fucking supercross, not a beach race, where you have a mile wide track for passing. Yes shit happens, get over it. What's next? #Me too?
3/4/2020 1:25pm
I remember Barcia hitting the back wheel of KRoc with perfect timing in retaliation for being passed by a young guy in his first 450 year. I can only imagine how better at it he is now after some years ...
cwel11
3/4/2020 1:56pm
No one “deserves” shit! It is earned. Speed, decision making, racecraft, etc. all dictate who will win the title. Not who you think “deserves” it. And on a side note. ET was riding aggressively yes. Uh, he’s racing for a SX title that’s eluded him for years. In the past he’s ridden in twelfth and stayed there after a mistake. Now he's charging because seriously what’s the downside? He pisses someone off? He crashes? It’s not tiddlywinks. If he gets cleaned out by a championship contender next week all’s fair right? It’s been excited at least
3/4/2020 2:06pm
cwel11 wrote:
No one “deserves” shit! It is earned. Speed, decision making, racecraft, etc. all dictate who will win the title. Not who you think “deserves” it. And...
No one “deserves” shit! It is earned. Speed, decision making, racecraft, etc. all dictate who will win the title. Not who you think “deserves” it. And on a side note. ET was riding aggressively yes. Uh, he’s racing for a SX title that’s eluded him for years. In the past he’s ridden in twelfth and stayed there after a mistake. Now he's charging because seriously what’s the downside? He pisses someone off? He crashes? It’s not tiddlywinks. If he gets cleaned out by a championship contender next week all’s fair right? It’s been excited at least
The "earned" part is obvious when I said he "deserves" it. Kenny has come back from possible career ending injuries...he sure as hell "earned" it...and a title would be well DESERVED. I'm giving credit where credit is CLEARLY due.

FFS....Do people really have to argue semantics?

Post a reply to: BB4...about Tomac takeout

The Latest