Baggett nasal strips

TanHner36
4/17/2015 7:55am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2015 9:34pm
Asterisk just put this on IG. Haven't seen anything on the major sites yet.

|
Ardfarkl
4/17/2015 8:04am
AC System? Like Air Conditioning? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!
Justin345
4/17/2015 8:08am
There was another thread talking about it. Essentially a magnet to hold the nostril open? It's the same logic to explain why I shove quarters in my nostrils at night to stretch them out while I sleep. Bigger nostrils = more air intake.
MotoMo165
4/17/2015 8:21am
I saw a lot of top riders wearing them in Houston. It makes sense, placebo effect.. Probably not.

The Shop

Wolfman
4/17/2015 8:23am
Justin345 wrote:
There was another thread talking about it. Essentially a magnet to hold the nostril open? It's the same logic to explain why I shove quarters in...
There was another thread talking about it. Essentially a magnet to hold the nostril open? It's the same logic to explain why I shove quarters in my nostrils at night to stretch them out while I sleep. Bigger nostrils = more air intake.
LoL
Starcrossed
4/17/2015 8:26am
Wasn't Seely using those at Houston too. I think he pulled them off when he was on the podium at the start of his interview.
ML512
Fantasy
36th
4/17/2015 8:30am
We've posted this in Pit Bits a few times this year and Transworld has an article on them in their latest issue. The Castillo family are the ones behind them, it's supposed to be a large improvement over a standard breath-right strip.
VilloFan951
4/17/2015 8:32am
They talked about these on pulp mx ok this past Monday with cole
Fearo
4/17/2015 9:02am
I can only say one thing, breathe right strips are a GODSEND for people that have congested nostrils year round. Feels like you have an extra set of lungs. Looking forward to trying these, I just hope they are reusable.
PalerBlue
4/17/2015 9:30am
MotoMo165 wrote:
I saw a lot of top riders wearing them in Houston. It makes sense, placebo effect.. Probably not.
Probably effective , right up there with Balance Bands.
Kxcrf
4/17/2015 9:36am
Placebo effect is strong with this.

Nothing placebo about it. I use these every time i ride. Some people are just born with narrow nostrils.
4/17/2015 9:42am
PalerBlue wrote:
Probably effective , right up there with Balance Bands.
So now you're tellin' me this high tech piece of equipment isn't effective? I'll be damned!

4/17/2015 10:14am

Kxcrf wrote:
Nothing placebo about it. I use these every time i ride. Some people are just born with narrow nostrils.
I think you'd be better off like the guy mentioned above and shove nickels or quarters in your nostrils at night.

Explain how something on the outside of you nose is going to make your nostrils bigger?

And when you're panting, how much is really going through your nose.
How come Cheetahs and Greyhounds and Horses dont need this things?

Easy Woodpecker, I already had a post clipped saying probably as good as magnetic bracelets.

4/17/2015 10:32am
Can you believe they've actually conducted studies on this.

From the Library of Medicine. I guess if you nose is weak and collapses each time you breathe, they "May" work.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC529298/

Recent studies on the effectiveness of Breathe Right™ nasal strips tested participants under various rest and exercise conditions. Some found that the strips neither improve or diminish airflow [2,4-9], which contradict results found by others [1,3,10-14]. Various techniques were used to assess NDS effectiveness. Some measured the amount of airflow, others the area of the nostrils, and still others the nasal airflow resistance. The Airflow Perturbation Device (APD) is a small, light weight, and easy to use instrument that measures respiratory resistance [15]. A segmented rotating wheel in the air flow path changes air flow and mouth pressure as the wheel momentarily partially obstructs the flow passage (Figure ​(Figure1).1). The magnitude of these perturbations depends on the resistance of the wheel and respiratory resistance. Measurement of wheel resistance allows respiratory resistance to be calculated directly (Figure ​(Figure2).2). Resistance values appear on a computer screen within a minute from starting the measurement. Thereafter they are updated as they occur.
IWreckALot
4/17/2015 10:36am

Kxcrf wrote:
I think you'd be better off like the guy mentioned above and shove nickels or quarters in your nostrils at night. Explain how something on the...
I think you'd be better off like the guy mentioned above and shove nickels or quarters in your nostrils at night.

Explain how something on the outside of you nose is going to make your nostrils bigger?

Easy Woodpecker, I already had a post clipped saying probably as good as magnetic bracelets.

It doesn't seem like you understand how the design is supposed to work. There is a magnet under the bandaid on the nose and magnets in the goggles. The goggle magnets draw the nose magnets out and open the nasal cavity similar to how the breathe right strip works. There's no magic magnetic forcefield per se like the balance bracelets or ionically charged bracelets. The magnets are serving a physical purpose rather than a non tangible purpose.

If you have bad sinuses, this opens the nasal cavity to allow air to flow more freely making it easier to inhale and exhale. If you don't have sinuses, it's probably a lesser benefit.

Oddly enough though, EddieC has talked about how breath right strips make little to no difference on oxygen intake and don't really make sense. I kinda want to see his input on these and even the strips. Specifically around guys with allergies. If it makes it physically easier to breathe, it seems like it would help you regulate your breathing more? His past comments have to do with oxygen absorption to the blood stream I believe.

I don't know. I'm not in the medical field. I just know that breathe right strips definitely help my sinuses open up while I'm riding.
E-man811
4/17/2015 10:39am

Kxcrf wrote:
I think you'd be better off like the guy mentioned above and shove nickels or quarters in your nostrils at night. Explain how something on the...

Hey Wasatch..... not only are some people born with narrow nostrils... some of us are born ignorant to the fact that we are ignorant to some things. Like the fact that Kxcrf and I have a nose that is shaped in a way that makes it mostly ornamental and cannot really breath through our nose. I fear ever being held hostage and having my mouth taped. I'd be dead in minutes. But, the cool thing is that BreatheRight strips work for me. When I put them on my nose, I'm comically surprised at what it's like to be able to breathe through my nose. Is this particular product gimicky? Maybe. I haven't tried them. But when you can't breathe through your nose and a little sticky piece of plastic opens my nose and I can breath, there's no argument about the benefit of that.

:Explain how something on the outside of you nose is going to make your nostrils bigger?"
I don't know how that particular product works, but most strips on the market work like this. There is a small strip of plastic that is springy wrapped in a really sticky bandaid-like material. The strip wants to be straight, the adhesive pulls outward on my skin, opening my useless nostrils so that I can breathe.
4/17/2015 10:46am
I know how they work and I know how Breathe Rights are supposed to work.
Maybe you didn't read the article I posted from the Library of Medicine.

Or you read one sentence, don't see the sarcasm and just feel the need to reply.

Who posted that jump to conclusions mat picture?
Kxcrf
4/17/2015 11:20am

Kxcrf wrote:

Not sure if you understand how nose strips work. They Pull your nostrils out since they are so stiff. The don't just lay on your nose. I don't have a giant pyramid on my face to permit optimal airflow. When breathing heavily youd be surprised how much you breath our your mouth and nose simultaneously. Next time you have a severe congestion go jog a mile.
Kxcrf
4/17/2015 11:22am
I know how they work and I know how Breathe Rights are supposed to work. Maybe you didn't read the article I posted from the Library...
I know how they work and I know how Breathe Rights are supposed to work.
Maybe you didn't read the article I posted from the Library of Medicine.

Or you read one sentence, don't see the sarcasm and just feel the need to reply.

Who posted that jump to conclusions mat picture?
"Explain how something on the outside of you nose is going to make your nostrils bigger?"

Ask and you shall receive nose breather.
Agfracing
4/17/2015 11:30am
Breathing isnt an issue for me, And Ive never rode moto with a breath right stip. Hut I can tell you, whenever I have put them on HOLY CRAP can I breath better. ANyone saying they do nothing, Must have never put one on or they have a beak for a nose.
Spagina767
4/17/2015 1:04pm

Kxcrf wrote:

That's a lot of typing about something you don't know about.

I have a stuffy nose, 100% of the time.

If I put a breath right strip on, it goes away.

The strips are a strong adhesive that sticks to your nose. The strip has high elasticity and wants to make itself straight, this pulling the sides of your nose out, opening the passageways.

They work. How much? I don't know.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
4/17/2015 1:18pm
I know when I broke some ribs and had to sleep somewhat sitting up to be comfortable my wife was complaining of me snoring. I got some breath right strips and her complaining stopped. Maybe it was a placebo for her, but it seemed to work?
SouthwestMfg
4/17/2015 1:21pm
Horses never breathe through there mouth.
SLO1667
4/17/2015 5:52pm
I have a narrow pee hole...will these work?
kawirider819
4/17/2015 6:04pm
My nose is so deviated it aint funny. Wonder if this would help?
Gabriel J
4/17/2015 6:09pm
Spagina767 wrote:
That's a lot of typing about something you don't know about. I have a stuffy nose, 100% of the time. If I put a breath right...
That's a lot of typing about something you don't know about.

I have a stuffy nose, 100% of the time.

If I put a breath right strip on, it goes away.

The strips are a strong adhesive that sticks to your nose. The strip has high elasticity and wants to make itself straight, this pulling the sides of your nose out, opening the passageways.

They work. How much? I don't know.
I hear you! I have the same issue, and find the breathe right strips do make a difference..The problem that I have is keeping them on...Running, cycling, moto..

My gripe with them is that once I get sweating they pop off. Even if I wipe my nose with rubbing alcohol before applying them, if I start sweating, they are done for.
RandyS
4/17/2015 6:35pm
SLO1667 wrote:
I have a narrow pee hole...will these work?
You have graduated from the standard 6 month newb status to full member a month early. Good job.

Post a reply to: Baggett nasal strips

The Latest