Baggett vs. Tomac @ Millville

davistld01
7/21/2017 3:14pm
So, with the revelation that Blake tore ligaments in his thumb a week ago when he and Anderson came together...and the announcement that he was going to "tape it and tough it" rather than to take a break to get surgery, do you think Baggett will have anything for Eli Tomac tomorrow at Millville?

He's still in the championship game...sitting only 19-points behind ET, and that spread could quickly be made up if Blake could get a start and had a mistake by Eli to capitalize on.

What do you think?
|
kkawboy14
7/21/2017 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2017 3:21pm
He will be there in case Tomac falls. But an Unpressured Tomac is gonna be tough
Swann
7/21/2017 3:22pm
The particular part of thumb that he tore ligaments in isn't even that important. #notanexcuse

Nevertheless, Tomac 1-1
peelout
7/21/2017 3:22pm
be tough to bet against Tomac right now, but hopefully Bagget can make it a fight and steal a win at Millville
Jrewing
7/21/2017 3:26pm
I think Marvin will factor if he's healed up

The Shop

jeffro503
7/21/2017 3:30pm
I guess I missed something. I thought Blake got the thumb fixed on the break?
TogaSet
Fantasy
3824th
7/21/2017 4:23pm
You dont need a thumb to win. Eli is faster either way
Most of the time yes. But not always. He didn't look faster in Colorado.
Titan1
7/21/2017 4:40pm
I may be alone in this...but I never quite bought into the "Baggett is on Tomacs level" stuff.

Tomas has had Baggett covered on 450's with a handful of exceptions.

Not a knock on Baggett...at all...just stating that Tomas has him covered.
Mit12
7/21/2017 4:48pm
I said it all along, the only person that can beat Tomac in this years championship is Tomac. If Tomac stays off the ground he should walk away with this one.
cali11
7/21/2017 5:29pm
davistld01 wrote:
So, with the revelation that Blake tore ligaments in his thumb a week ago when he and Anderson came together...and the announcement that he was going...
So, with the revelation that Blake tore ligaments in his thumb a week ago when he and Anderson came together...and the announcement that he was going to "tape it and tough it" rather than to take a break to get surgery, do you think Baggett will have anything for Eli Tomac tomorrow at Millville?

He's still in the championship game...sitting only 19-points behind ET, and that spread could quickly be made up if Blake could get a start and had a mistake by Eli to capitalize on.

What do you think?
Tomac already went 1-1 2 weeks ago at Southwick
7/21/2017 6:02pm Edited Date/Time 7/21/2017 6:11pm
Hard to bet against Tomac right now but I have a feeling were going to see the Baggett from a few rounds ago with the time to heal a bit coupled with the fact that he went 2-2 at Southwick which lets face it, probably would have happened whether he got hurt or not.

That all being said Blake has only beat Tomac in 4 motos this year and if his thumb is worse than I like to believe it is than it very could be a Tomac runaway again.. I just hope there's some good racing!
davistld01
7/21/2017 6:11pm
jeffro503 wrote:
I guess I missed something. I thought Blake got the thumb fixed on the break?
Well, maybe I did. Last I heard, or read anyway, he was going to leave it until the series is over no matter what.
Radical
Fantasy
2321st
7/21/2017 10:31pm
No one's going to get this championship for free.
Musquin is back.
El Chupacabra will strike again.
Anderson is hungry.
Deano is gaining momentum each week.
Webb is on the 2018 YZ now
Barcia is getting good starts and fighting again.
and the list goes on.

Points wise only a few at the top have a remote chance.
I'm hoping Baggett returns to form this weekend and takes away some or all of the points lead.
And I'm hoping Deano and Anderson both get an overall this year.
It will be great if the points are close and the championship comes down to the last race.
ocscottie
7/21/2017 10:55pm
cali11 wrote:
Tomac already went 1-1 2 weeks ago at Southwick
...and he is gonna go 1 - 1 tomorrow, i called it weeks ago. (though i did not take in account of the weather) This is HIS part of the season.

Eli has this sucker right where he wants it, and nearly wrapped up...if he keeps it on two. Other than that, its a wrap. He is riding so well right now, thinking anyone can truly challenge him is a pipe dream, and im no Eli nut hugger, y'all know who my dude is. Whistling

But there is a reason they run ALL the races. Mech/DNF etc things could change quickly.

Watching this season makes those perfect seasons by RC and James that much more spectacular.

fanger
7/21/2017 11:30pm
every time Blake has beaten tomac, tomac has been off. Bagget is running the same pace, tomac is just up and down.
Tzevtkoff
7/22/2017 4:50am
This track still in my opinion good for eli because it has a base a little bit sandy.

Good track for a riding with a lot of intensity.

Bagget will have an advantage on tracks with deep ruts and a harder base so i bet Eli.
davistld01
7/22/2017 4:54am Edited Date/Time 7/22/2017 4:56am
ocscottie wrote:
...and he is gonna go 1 - 1 tomorrow, i called it weeks ago. (though i did not take in account of the weather) This is...
...and he is gonna go 1 - 1 tomorrow, i called it weeks ago. (though i did not take in account of the weather) This is HIS part of the season.

Eli has this sucker right where he wants it, and nearly wrapped up...if he keeps it on two. Other than that, its a wrap. He is riding so well right now, thinking anyone can truly challenge him is a pipe dream, and im no Eli nut hugger, y'all know who my dude is. Whistling

But there is a reason they run ALL the races. Mech/DNF etc things could change quickly.

Watching this season makes those perfect seasons by RC and James that much more spectacular.

"IF he keeps it on two" is the key phrase. Eli Tomac has a history of tossing it away under pressure. I hope I'm wrong, but it is what it is. But he'll win if he can stay upright.

Musquin is still nursing his leg injury & and I think that will hurt his attempt to seriously challenge. Anderson isn't a championship rider, as he's too worried about clipping anybody in front of him. He got lucky and won one. It won't happen again this year. Webb isn't a threat even on the '18 Yammie...not yet anyway.

I don't see Eli doing 1-1...but he might win. His biggest pressure will again be from Bagget, who will suffer through his thumb injury to nip at Eli's heels...and, I believe from Dean Wilson who suddenly sees that he can be one of "the guys" that could win one or at least challenge. I'm saying...

Tomac
Baggett
Wilson
Musquin
Anderson
7/22/2017 5:31am
ocscottie wrote:
...and he is gonna go 1 - 1 tomorrow, i called it weeks ago. (though i did not take in account of the weather) This is...

davistld01 wrote:
"[b]IF[/b] he keeps it on two" is the key phrase. Eli Tomac has a history of tossing it away under pressure. I hope I'm wrong, but...
"IF he keeps it on two" is the key phrase. Eli Tomac has a history of tossing it away under pressure. I hope I'm wrong, but it is what it is. But he'll win if he can stay upright.

Musquin is still nursing his leg injury & and I think that will hurt his attempt to seriously challenge. Anderson isn't a championship rider, as he's too worried about clipping anybody in front of him. He got lucky and won one. It won't happen again this year. Webb isn't a threat even on the '18 Yammie...not yet anyway.

I don't see Eli doing 1-1...but he might win. His biggest pressure will again be from Bagget, who will suffer through his thumb injury to nip at Eli's heels...and, I believe from Dean Wilson who suddenly sees that he can be one of "the guys" that could win one or at least challenge. I'm saying...

Tomac
Baggett
Wilson
Musquin
Anderson
Wilson isn't getting a win...nothing against him but he's not at that level yet
7/22/2017 5:33am
Titan1 wrote:
I may be alone in this...but I never quite bought into the "Baggett is on Tomacs level" stuff. Tomas has had Baggett covered on 450's with...
I may be alone in this...but I never quite bought into the "Baggett is on Tomacs level" stuff.

I agree. Tomac has had everyone covered since round 4 of SX
ocscottie
7/22/2017 5:39am
If Wilson pressures Eli for wins ill get up out of this chair and walk. Laughing
7/22/2017 5:44am
ocscottie wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
"[b]IF[/b] he keeps it on two" is the key phrase. Eli Tomac has a history of tossing it away under pressure. I hope I'm wrong, but...

Tomac
Baggett
Wilson
Musquin
Anderson
By reading your recent thread and this...you must really hate ando...he hasn't even been that aggressive this year...he didn't clean blake that was his fault. And he's 100% real. He doesn't make excuses for losing
davistld01
7/22/2017 6:54am
By reading your recent thread and this...you must really hate ando...he hasn't even been that aggressive this year...he didn't clean blake that was his fault. And...
By reading your recent thread and this...you must really hate ando...he hasn't even been that aggressive this year...he didn't clean blake that was his fault. And he's 100% real. He doesn't make excuses for losing
I don't hate anybody. I'm a fan of the sport, and respect every rider out there...but like you, and everyone else here, there are some I am a bigger fan of than others. Jason Anderson is an excellent rider, but I feel like he could do a lot better if he'd tone down the attitude on the track, and in some cases off of it. That is the only thing that's keeping him off the top box with more regularity. I don't hate Ando...I dislike his style of coming through the pack. Dungey didn't have to do that. Eli doesn't either. Why does Jason?
RandyS
7/22/2017 7:34am
Titan1 wrote:
I may be alone in this...but I never quite bought into the "Baggett is on Tomacs level" stuff. Tomas has had Baggett covered on 450's with...

I agree. Tomac has had everyone covered since round 4 of SX
I agree with you, that's why he's the SX champion.
jeffro503
7/22/2017 7:51am
ocscottie wrote:
If Wilson pressures Eli for wins ill get up out of this chair and walk. Laughing
Freakin' Scottie throwin' down!
Sodipop
7/22/2017 8:00am
Wilson goes 6-3 in a depleted field with a bunch of guys still racing in said field having issues and suddenly he's some kind of factor?
dirtnapper
7/22/2017 8:56am
Sodipop wrote:
Wilson goes 6-3 in a depleted field with a bunch of guys still racing in said field having issues and suddenly he's some kind of factor?
This all day.

No way Dean is ever in contention for a win this season. He's not at that level. Not even close yet.
davistld01
7/22/2017 9:14am
Sodipop wrote:
*Eli Tomac
*Marvin Musquin
*Blake Baggett
*Jason Anderson
*Dean Wilson

Hey, by your statement we ought to give everybody an asterisk, right?

Post a reply to: Baggett vs. Tomac @ Millville

The Latest