Bam Bam!

motomike137
Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 8:48pm
Pretty amazing what Justin did Saturday night imho. I know there are a couple other bigger stories from the race but I am super pumped about Barcia and the new YZ looking so darned good!
|
Donovan759
1/8/2018 5:18am
It was good to see him put in such good results. Hopefully he can keep that up through the rest of the season.
1/8/2018 5:23am
One of the many big stories for sure. It's getting lost a touch, but quite a ride from Justin. Wonder if he'll be able to keep it up? He looked strong all day.
51xc
1/8/2018 5:46am
the biggest difference I noticed was that he stayed pretty calm even when mm25 and ja21 got by him. no signs of getting overly anxious or panicing. he said his training is different now and him staying in CA and ride with the star yamaha guys and cooper for the past 2 months seems to have helped him.

motomike137
1/8/2018 6:11am
51xc wrote:
the biggest difference I noticed was that he stayed pretty calm even when mm25 and ja21 got by him. no signs of getting overly anxious or...
the biggest difference I noticed was that he stayed pretty calm even when mm25 and ja21 got by him. no signs of getting overly anxious or panicing. he said his training is different now and him staying in CA and ride with the star yamaha guys and cooper for the past 2 months seems to have helped him.

He did have a moment when Marv passed him where he got a little out of sync and then Jason got him but he settled back in nicely. I am thinking that the combination of where his career is right now and being at A1 with no pre season injuries has him very focused. Early days yet for any bold predictions but that sure was refreshing for a #51 fan!

The Shop

PJ205
1/8/2018 6:14am
Pretty cool! I hope he keeps it up for the next 5 rounds and gets a full season ride, at least. Comeback stories never get old.
RangerLee
1/8/2018 6:20am
It is going to be interesting when Millsaps is due to come back, what will happen with Barcia? Will they make room to keep him? Will they delay Millsap if Barcia continues to get these great results? Will they just cut him loose?

If he keeps up this performance, then he will not have a problem getting a ride somewhere else, but I doubt they will want to let him go.
Frodad78
1/8/2018 6:45am
Nothing better than seeing a rider get his mojo back after a few rough years. It was great to see the 51 up front again. I think he has matured alot, emotional intelligence comes with time and perspective. Hopefully Cooper can learn this from his teammate.
Turbojez
1/8/2018 6:48am
RangerLee wrote:
It is going to be interesting when Millsaps is due to come back, what will happen with Barcia? Will they make room to keep him? Will...
It is going to be interesting when Millsaps is due to come back, what will happen with Barcia? Will they make room to keep him? Will they delay Millsap if Barcia continues to get these great results? Will they just cut him loose?

If he keeps up this performance, then he will not have a problem getting a ride somewhere else, but I doubt they will want to let him go.
Barcia said it himself, that he is pretty sure yamaha will make room for the 3rd rider under their tent, if he keeps performing like he did at A1.
davistld01
1/8/2018 6:53am
51xc wrote:
the biggest difference I noticed was that he stayed pretty calm even when mm25 and ja21 got by him. no signs of getting overly anxious or...

He and Jason Anderson seem to have had the same character trait on the track where they go absolutely freaking nuts when somebody passes them, to the point where they focus on getting the rider who passed them back...and wind up crashing themselves as well in the process. Good to see Justin mature to the degree where he knows that he has to finish to earn points. I've never ever been a devout fan because of his on-track attitude and behavior...but I was damn sure impressed by his newfound maturity Saturday night. I don't see him beating Musquin or Tomac (if he makes it back) for a win...but I see him winning a few podiums.
MX-LIFE.
1/8/2018 7:20am
Do what happens with Justin when Davi Millsaps comes back?
downard254
1/8/2018 7:28am
I’m hoping to see a great solid SX season from Justin then can’t wait to see how it goes outdoors. He always seemed like a better indoor rider, but his results always seemed better outdoors, of course that may have been due to his pre season SX injuries. Anywho, good to see the new Re “Vital”ized Bam Bam back.
Note: See what I did there.Tongue
1/8/2018 8:01am Edited Date/Time 1/8/2018 8:01am
I am the opposite to being a JB51 fan but i am happy to admit that it was really great to see him get a podium, i was actually hoping he would take the win at one point.

Really really really really really happy for him and all involved in his program. I hope he is the top Yamaha guy moving forward.

Fingers crossed for him that this is the start of a return, he appeared a bit more mature and humble and if this actually is his attitude and not just fakery he may just win another fan.
bball35
1/8/2018 8:02am
Its pretty amazing what a man can do when his back is against the wall and he has to make something happen.
1/8/2018 12:23pm
MX-LIFE. wrote:
If he's in the title fight I would think they have to run a third bike for him, I'm sure they can make it happen if that's the case.
51xc
1/8/2018 12:29pm
MX-LIFE. wrote:
If he's in the title fight I would think they have to run a third bike for him, I'm sure they can make it happen if...
If he's in the title fight I would think they have to run a third bike for him, I'm sure they can make it happen if that's the case.
millsaps won't be on a bike for the next 3-4 weeks they said. he crashed pretty early and I think there will be still quite a bit of testing needed and he will need to race himself into shape. I personally think he might be in for the last 3 to 5 rounds to get some racing in before the outdoors.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
1/8/2018 12:31pm
dsmith wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/08/236779/s1200_380f64d8a3d790f32937514edc7a1cdd.jpg[/img]

I think I want this on a t-shirt
305FC250
1/8/2018 4:06pm
I got hyped as hell when he got the lead for a bit. Was hoping he'd hold it to the end. Musquin and Anderson both made pretty quick work of him though, Tomac was out, and Roczen was fighting through the pack from a bad start. Weird to say for "Bam bam" but I would have liked him to be just a little more aggressive in his defense of the lead than he was on Saturday. Didn't really put up much of a fight especially against Musquin. Hopefully he knows he still needs to step up his game even more to get more podiums or wins the rest of the season. Wishing him the best.
BobKerr
1/12/2018 10:23am
Barcia was worth every dollar they are paying Cooper Webb at A1.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/12/2018 10:27am
305FC250 wrote:
I got hyped as hell when he got the lead for a bit. Was hoping he'd hold it to the end. Musquin and Anderson both made...
I got hyped as hell when he got the lead for a bit. Was hoping he'd hold it to the end. Musquin and Anderson both made pretty quick work of him though, Tomac was out, and Roczen was fighting through the pack from a bad start. Weird to say for "Bam bam" but I would have liked him to be just a little more aggressive in his defense of the lead than he was on Saturday. Didn't really put up much of a fight especially against Musquin. Hopefully he knows he still needs to step up his game even more to get more podiums or wins the rest of the season. Wishing him the best.
I get what youre saying, but he rode smooth and smart. He can build off of a1. You don't want to ruin your season by trying to win a1 and have some weird crash that you get hurt from. I expect to see him be more aggressive over the next few rounds
motomike137
1/12/2018 10:32am
305FC250 wrote:
I got hyped as hell when he got the lead for a bit. Was hoping he'd hold it to the end. Musquin and Anderson both made...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I get what youre saying, but he rode smooth and smart. He can build off of a1. You don't want to ruin your season by trying...
I get what youre saying, but he rode smooth and smart. He can build off of a1. You don't want to ruin your season by trying to win a1 and have some weird crash that you get hurt from. I expect to see him be more aggressive over the next few rounds
He came out and admitted he got a little impulsive when Marv got him and chose a terrible line which made it relatively easy for Jason to go by. Then he settled back down and rode smart which had him creeping back toward Anderson at the finish. I am "super pumped" to see what Justin has in store for us tomorrow night!
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/12/2018 10:36am
305FC250 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I get what youre saying, but he rode smooth and smart. He can build off of a1. You don't want to ruin your season by trying...
He came out and admitted he got a little impulsive when Marv got him and chose a terrible line which made it relatively easy for Jason...
He came out and admitted he got a little impulsive when Marv got him and chose a terrible line which made it relatively easy for Jason to go by. Then he settled back down and rode smart which had him creeping back toward Anderson at the finish. I am "super pumped" to see what Justin has in store for us tomorrow night!
He learned from it and I would expect we don't make that same mistake from him. He did the smart thing and rode to a podium finish and gained confidence at the same time. He did exactly what he should have after making the mistake of trying to dive under MM. I really feel that he has learned a lot over the last few years and will be a much smarter/calculated rider this season. He looked really good all of Saturday. Im looking forward to tomorrow!
BobbyM
1/12/2018 10:45am
305FC250 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Barca is smarter than tomac
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/12/2018 10:55am
305FC250 wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
As of right now, ya he is. You cant win a championship at a1, but you sure can lose it there
Gixxxerboy
1/12/2018 10:57am
Frodad78 wrote:
Nothing better than seeing a rider get his mojo back after a few rough years. It was great to see the 51 up front again. I...
Nothing better than seeing a rider get his mojo back after a few rough years. It was great to see the 51 up front again. I think he has matured alot, emotional intelligence comes with time and perspective. Hopefully Cooper can learn this from his teammate.
and he is on a bad ass bike!!!!!
1/12/2018 11:06am
BobbyM wrote:
Ouch (for Eli). I agree with those that do not like Barcia because of his punk-ass history of taking ppl out on the track but were impressed with his A1 race. He was FAST! When the 25, then 21 were setting up to pass I thought, "Oh, here we go...," and then they got by cleanly. I do like a rider racing tough, just not dangerous or dirty. I'd like to see Barcia race more like this going forward.
wfopete
1/12/2018 12:06pm
I think he will crash out and not even make the main.
peelout
1/12/2018 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/12/2018 12:11pm
mattyhamz2 wrote:
As of right now, ya he is. You cant win a championship at a1, but you sure can lose it there
i don't know why, but i feel like i've heard that before?

Post a reply to: Bam Bam!

The Latest