Barcia bike comment

1/18/2020 12:52am
I said polished because the bike being discussed has a polished frame, genius.
Yea, I am up to speed on that. And I am saying it is no different from every other finish that every other bike has in...
Yea, I am up to speed on that. And I am saying it is no different from every other finish that every other bike has in terms of potential frame modifications.
Ok. You didn’t seem to understand a minute ago when you added onto the other posters response (who is also wrong) further trying to correct me...
Ok. You didn’t seem to understand a minute ago when you added onto the other posters response (who is also wrong) further trying to correct me about stating only polishing.
I believe Dirty points was bang on throughout.

So in theory, the only frame that ISN’T being modified is the one that isn’t even being scotch-brite after each race? It would have to be off the showroom floor and ridden, ridden, ridden and never ‘spruced’ up by means of a rub with a rag or a scotch-brute?

Being pedantic... should we account for boot rub??
If one frame is used for longer than another frame, it has incurred more boot rub than the other, therefore is more worn away..?!

I don’t buy the frame modification by polishing theory. Simply because it’s immeasurable.
If you’ve heard Matthes talk about it, you fell for it!
It’s possible Matthes fell for it also.
1/18/2020 2:44am
seventeen wrote:
Ridiculous statement...the management unable to make changes necessary to dial the bike to the riders request has been shit...
Na I’ll stick with that statement, I had a 2014 yz450f. It handled like shit, just went faster. My old mans dr400 handled better.
Even if true, the 2020 is the third year of the current design. So if it was shit until now, it is still due to the...
Even if true, the 2020 is the third year of the current design. So if it was shit until now, it is still due to the team/rider's inability to put together something the rider liked.
I don’t disagree, but I do wonder how the factory team can be so stubborn that the hold the bike back so far. All the recent riders did better elsewhere, and Cooper Webb put a huge nail in the coffin. Barcia has been great for them, but still not as good as he was on Honda.......hopefully he can keep this form going.
SEEMEFIRST
1/18/2020 6:02am
Whilst I understand that, it would be good if they ran the green claw on Kawis, the blue 'zero sugar' claw on Yamahas and so on...
Whilst I understand that, it would be good if they ran the green claw on Kawis, the blue 'zero sugar' claw on Yamahas and so on...

Hell, Monster could sponsor every brand, putting a different 'flavour' drink claw on each bike.

Another idea- they could use the Monster sponsored bikes to advertise a different flavour drink at each round. Different rounds, different flavours, different colour ways on the graphics, bit like Nascar.

Falcon wrote:
I think consideration was probably given to this idea at some time. However, it might not be a great idea to advertise the Yamaha team as...
I think consideration was probably given to this idea at some time. However, it might not be a great idea to advertise the Yamaha team as the "Sugar free" or "Light" brand. It's sort of a slap in the face.
Imagine the "Wussy Light/ Sugar Free/ Pantywaist Yamaha Factory Racing team, presented by Sugarfree Monster."
I'd be willing to bet this is why we don't see much advertising for Diet Coke or Marlboro Lights in racing, cage fighting, etc.

EDIT: "Sugar Free" implies weaker, less potent, not as strong/fast/dangerous, for those who didn't get what I meant.
I see your point. Bud lite we’re worried when they sponsored McGrath though.
Just now watching a Premiere League match, and they had the light blue Monster ad going on the field level signs.
My guess is that broadcast attracted a few more viewers than SX.
MudPup545
1/18/2020 6:15am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No. Monster's corporate colors are black and green and that's what represents the brand. As the title sponsor they require the teams to run those specific...
No. Monster's corporate colors are black and green and that's what represents the brand. As the title sponsor they require the teams to run those specific colors.

They fund the programs, so what they say goes.
Based on your comment, YZs should be white and red because those are the official corporate colors of Yamaha Motor Company.

The Shop

plowboy
1/18/2020 6:30am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
No. Monster's corporate colors are black and green and that's what represents the brand. As the title sponsor they require the teams to run those specific...
No. Monster's corporate colors are black and green and that's what represents the brand. As the title sponsor they require the teams to run those specific colors.

MudPup545 wrote:
Based on your comment, YZs should be white and red because those are the official corporate colors of Yamaha Motor Company.
Didn't Bengt Aberg ride some pretty sweet red and white 4t Yamahas back in the day?
1/20/2020 1:45am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2020 2:00am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

MudPup545 wrote:
According to Yamaha, red is the traditional corporate color for the motor division, but Blue is the official RACING color for Yamaha motorcycles:
https://global.yamaha-motor.com/ymgn/news_letter/2015/pdf/2015_36_month…
MudPup545
1/20/2020 5:38am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

MudPup545 wrote:
plowboy wrote:
Didn't Bengt Aberg ride some pretty sweet red and white 4t Yamahas back in the day?
I did have a sweet Andre Malherbe poster as a kid.

Post a reply to: Barcia bike comment

The Latest