Barcia fined 5K

.Turtle
Edited Date/Time 4/7/2012 5:03pm
The desire that kid has to win is incredible! Maybe its not the most sportsman like move, but done and over
|
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
4/1/2012 12:49pm
i dont like the kid, but I want him to race 450s after N.O...what do you guys think the odds are for Salt Lake and Seattle?
.Turtle
4/1/2012 12:50pm
With the 450 title wrapped up, its possible
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
4/1/2012 12:52pm
Huge Barcia fan here but sometimes he does make you scratch your head a little. lol
DownSouth
4/1/2012 12:53pm
mx 219 wrote:
i dont like the kid, but I want him to race 450s after N.O...what do you guys think the odds are for Salt Lake and Seattle?
0%

The Shop

burnside
4/1/2012 12:55pm
He has the fire thats for sure, even if it does make him look like a d-bag occasionally. Would be a treat to see him on a 450.
gt80rider
4/1/2012 12:57pm
What goes around comes around... He got a lot to look forward to in the way of paybacks
.Turtle
4/1/2012 12:59pm
Where are all the post about, "We need Bob Hannah back in SX to teach these guys a lesson?"
umagumadog
4/1/2012 1:23pm
.Turtle wrote:
Where are all the post about, "We need Bob Hannah back in SX to teach these guys a lesson?"
We don't need The Hurricane we need mommy and daddy to quit raising a bunch of selfish brats.
C.Worthy
4/1/2012 1:43pm
.Turtle wrote:
umagumadog wrote:
We don't need The Hurricane we need mommy and daddy to quit raising a bunch of selfish brats.
Amen to that brother. I like Barcia and Hannah and I can definitely see some similarities, but the one thing that sets them apart is that Hannah was a real man and didn't cry when things didn't go his way and he didn't act like a bitch either. I don't know if we'll ever see another Bob Hannah again, but man those were the days...
jmar
4/1/2012 1:43pm
5k isn't going to teach the kid shit.

Pulling a stunt like this has nothing to do with the desire to win. It has to do with him being a self centered ass. It's no different than some little kid throwing a tantrum.
4/1/2012 1:44pm
I don't think Barcia deserves a $5000 fine. That fine is just ridiculous. I don't always like Barcia's aggressive riding to slower riders, but at least he shows up every race and gives it everything he's got. The kid was bummed out. He practices with Vincent and that made the whole deal, that much harder for him to swallow. He'll learn from this and move forward.
WhKnuckle
4/1/2012 2:00pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2012 2:00pm
Should have been a higher fine IMO, but it's over and done with. And racing has it's own ways - Roosting Roczen is just going to make him want to beat Barcia even more outdoors. And Roczen is the kind of guy who can do it. Roosting Vincent and the Asterisk guys (although I really don't think he actually threw much, if any, dirt on them) is the kind of thing that makes teams like Honda look harder at a Wilson or a Baggett.

It's $5K today and 9 miles of mud road this summer. Racing has a way of evening things like this out.
Bauer
4/1/2012 2:06pm
C.Worthy wrote:
Amen to that brother. I like Barcia and Hannah and I can definitely see some similarities, but the one thing that sets them apart is that...
Amen to that brother. I like Barcia and Hannah and I can definitely see some similarities, but the one thing that sets them apart is that Hannah was a real man and didn't cry when things didn't go his way and he didn't act like a bitch either. I don't know if we'll ever see another Bob Hannah again, but man those were the days...
I've seen Hannah cry and act like a bitch a few times, but then again, I was there in real life racing against him and not looking at the past through some glorified rose-colored lens...
4/1/2012 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2012 2:13pm
When I just started out racing BMX as a kid, I got bumped up to the novice class and my very first race as a novice, I beat my best friend, who had been in the class longer than me. I won the heat. He was so bitter he road up to me at the finish line and rammed his bike into mine. It left a real a sour taste in my mouth for any displays of poor sportsmanship.

These kids needs to get some perspective - they're racing motorcycles for a living and not out pounding nails or sitting behind a desk all day. I would give anything to be accidentally taken out with the lead on the last lap of a professional supercross main event with a 32 point advantage on the championship.

This has been your armchair quarterback message of the day.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/1/2012 2:18pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Should have been a higher fine IMO, but it's over and done with. And racing has it's own ways - Roosting Roczen is just going to...
Should have been a higher fine IMO, but it's over and done with. And racing has it's own ways - Roosting Roczen is just going to make him want to beat Barcia even more outdoors. And Roczen is the kind of guy who can do it. Roosting Vincent and the Asterisk guys (although I really don't think he actually threw much, if any, dirt on them) is the kind of thing that makes teams like Honda look harder at a Wilson or a Baggett.

It's $5K today and 9 miles of mud road this summer. Racing has a way of evening things like this out.
Agreed, I was thinking something in the range of $10K-$15K might teach him a better lesson on the downrider/asterisk crew thing. $5K ain't shit. BFD on the roost of KRoc, he can handle it. It was kind of funny cause Baggett gave him congrats and was making hand movements to KRoc about the roost from Barcia, and KRoc just shook his head. I also think Baggett was happy and laughing on the podium because Barcia was crying. I like Barcia's style of racing, but he needs to stop being such a little bitch. Hell, maybe he'll start learning not to cross jump one of these days. Seems like he was doing that this past summer in the outdoors too when he was in the 450 class. Wasn't Dungey complaining about him cross jumping? That's exactly what he did last night and it cost him.
pete24
4/1/2012 2:55pm
friggin hannah would have went up to K-roc and said "theres your figgin freebie ill kick your ass next week" barcia aint no hannah but i like him i just wish he would say whats really on his mind like he is pissed or whatever no ones going to fire him the fans love him
4/1/2012 3:08pm
Two words for all the BamBam haters....BOO HOO!!!!! You'll all be buying his T-shirts in a few years.
4/1/2012 3:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2012 3:22pm
WhKnuckle wrote:
Should have been a higher fine IMO, but it's over and done with. And racing has it's own ways - Roosting Roczen is just going to...

TbonesPop wrote:
Agreed, I was thinking something in the range of $10K-$15K might teach him a better lesson on the downrider/asterisk crew thing. $5K ain't shit. BFD on...
Agreed, I was thinking something in the range of $10K-$15K might teach him a better lesson on the downrider/asterisk crew thing. $5K ain't shit. BFD on the roost of KRoc, he can handle it. It was kind of funny cause Baggett gave him congrats and was making hand movements to KRoc about the roost from Barcia, and KRoc just shook his head. I also think Baggett was happy and laughing on the podium because Barcia was crying. I like Barcia's style of racing, but he needs to stop being such a little bitch. Hell, maybe he'll start learning not to cross jump one of these days. Seems like he was doing that this past summer in the outdoors too when he was in the 450 class. Wasn't Dungey complaining about him cross jumping? That's exactly what he did last night and it cost him.
Tbones---watch the replay....Barcia did not cross jump....he held his line totally straight. Lance landed on an angle and basically went straight into Justin. I think Lance is a great kid and never meant to do this, these guys are friends. Justin was so pissed and I dont blame him.....its over and Barcia will win every remaining Lites race PERIOD. Bring on Wilson and Tomac....they wont beat him and neither will KRoc.
NoGo
4/1/2012 3:32pm
Two words for all the BamBam haters....BOO HOO!!!!! You'll all be buying his T-shirts in a few years.
I'd definetly buy a tshirt with a pic of him crying on it.
NoGo
4/1/2012 3:35pm
Tbones---watch the replay....Barcia did not cross jump....he held his line totally straight. Lance landed on an angle and basically went straight into Justin. I think Lance...
Tbones---watch the replay....Barcia did not cross jump....he held his line totally straight. Lance landed on an angle and basically went straight into Justin. I think Lance is a great kid and never meant to do this, these guys are friends. Justin was so pissed and I dont blame him.....its over and Barcia will win every remaining Lites race PERIOD. Bring on Wilson and Tomac....they wont beat him and neither will KRoc.
Vincent held his line barcia cross jump . In both of the lites shoot outs barcias been in he only became less of a factor to win.
4mxonly
4/1/2012 3:37pm
WhKnuckle wrote:

Roczen roosted Durham after losing a heat race to him at Indy, so how is there any difference on how some of these kids react to frustration? With age and experience, they'll learn.... and in the grand scheme of things, who really cares as long as the racing is exciting.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/1/2012 3:42pm
Tbones---watch the replay....Barcia did not cross jump....he held his line totally straight. Lance landed on an angle and basically went straight into Justin. I think Lance...
I've watched it a couple of times now, after about 10 looks at it, upon further review I think they both actually cross jumped. Obviously, it was a racing incident, neither intentionally tried to take the other out. But when I look at it, Barcia definitely jumped from left to right, and Vincent jumped right to left. Barcia was starting to slow down and take it easy on the last few turns to cruise to the win, and Vincent kept on racing like he had money on the line. Really a strange deal, certainly not called for Barcia to go off on him, which he realized later by thus apolizing. I like Barcia, love his riding style, but the kid needs to grow up or else he is going to lose fans. Shoot, my dad would have kicked my ass had I done that, my mom probably would have too - she would have grabbed me by the ear and pulled me over to Vincent to apologize.

I did get a kick out of Baggett and KRoc laughing about it on the podium. Shoot, Baggett was probably thinking to himself, "yep I was that pissed off in the outdoors at Wilson last year, been there done that. Didn't turn out so well after my tantrum either!"
NoGo
4/1/2012 3:55pm
TbonesPop wrote:
I've watched it a couple of times now, after about 10 looks at it, upon further review I think they both actually cross jumped. Obviously, it...
I've watched it a couple of times now, after about 10 looks at it, upon further review I think they both actually cross jumped. Obviously, it was a racing incident, neither intentionally tried to take the other out. But when I look at it, Barcia definitely jumped from left to right, and Vincent jumped right to left. Barcia was starting to slow down and take it easy on the last few turns to cruise to the win, and Vincent kept on racing like he had money on the line. Really a strange deal, certainly not called for Barcia to go off on him, which he realized later by thus apolizing. I like Barcia, love his riding style, but the kid needs to grow up or else he is going to lose fans. Shoot, my dad would have kicked my ass had I done that, my mom probably would have too - she would have grabbed me by the ear and pulled me over to Vincent to apologize.

I did get a kick out of Baggett and KRoc laughing about it on the podium. Shoot, Baggett was probably thinking to himself, "yep I was that pissed off in the outdoors at Wilson last year, been there done that. Didn't turn out so well after my tantrum either!"
Idk about baggett thinking that he was pissed but he wasn't literally crying about it.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
4/1/2012 3:55pm
C.Worthy wrote:
Amen to that brother. I like Barcia and Hannah and I can definitely see some similarities, but the one thing that sets them apart is that...
Bauer wrote:
I've seen Hannah cry and act like a bitch a few times, but then again, I was there in real life racing against him and not...
I've seen Hannah cry and act like a bitch a few times, but then again, I was there in real life racing against him and not looking at the past through some glorified rose-colored lens...
Hahaha great post,Steve. Grinning
jasonv43
4/1/2012 4:04pm
My dad would have beat my ass for pulling some dumb shit like that.
englishman
4/1/2012 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2012 4:08pm
jasonv43 wrote:
My dad would have beat my ass for pulling some dumb shit like that.
x 2.
Sherwood
4/1/2012 4:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/1/2012 4:12pm
If any of you have met Barcias mom she might whoop his ass. She's a pretty tough woman and I think most will tell you she sure didn't raise him to be a "punk" like some of you think.

These are young kids in a sport that's very emotional. This stuff will happen.
axo1961
4/1/2012 4:28pm
Bottom line the kid was being lapped ,he should`ve gotten out of the way, not try to race him to the finish!!!!
BAMX
4/1/2012 5:51pm
axo1961 wrote:
Bottom line the kid was being lapped ,he should`ve gotten out of the way, not try to race him to the finish!!!!
Funny how guys complain if they pull over and complain if they don't. No win situation just racing. That being said, Barcia's childish roosting evryone after the race is just lame. I wish I knew what Bagget said to KRoc when he pulled up at the finish. By the wave if his hand towards Barcia, it looked to be about him.
I didn't see him roost the Asterisk guys but if he did it should have been 10k and a week off. That roost is dangerous if you aren't geared up for it. A one eyed doc would be no bueno.
4/1/2012 6:06pm
TbonesPop wrote:
I've watched it a couple of times now, after about 10 looks at it, upon further review I think they both actually cross jumped. Obviously, it...

Tbones----No doubt that Baggit and KRoc were laughing about Barcia......most likely happy somebody else finally won. The way it played out for Justin was a tough pill to swallow plus he lost $10k for moving from winning to 2nd place....Not sure what Lance was thinking, great kid but lappers need to move over.........anyway tempers often flare in this sport....remember RV2 at Jacksonville last year when he threw a fit in the tunnel with Boni, that behavior was pretty bad/dangerous also...he's lucky Boni didnt just wrinkle him into a ball.....My point is that tempers flare and the riders have to learn from it............Baggit/Kroc better hope Justin doesnt see the replay of them laughing at them. He will not be happy, and will beat them by even more seconds............GO BARCIA!

Post a reply to: Barcia fined 5K

The Latest