Barcia ..out

struth
Edited Date/Time 2/18/2018 9:56am
Bugger..
|
tkimb
2/17/2018 7:03pm
I always think in that situation, surely it must be better to just get off the track? First lap, front of the field and doubling a triple, the odds are way too high of getting landed on imo.
Would landing the double, hitting the brakes and swerving off the track not be better, or it that for some reason not very possible? Would lose a bunch of spots but I think that's better than the risk.
tempura
2/17/2018 7:48pm
tkimb wrote:
I always think in that situation, surely it must be better to just get off the track? First lap, front of the field and doubling a...
I always think in that situation, surely it must be better to just get off the track? First lap, front of the field and doubling a triple, the odds are way too high of getting landed on imo.
Would landing the double, hitting the brakes and swerving off the track not be better, or it that for some reason not very possible? Would lose a bunch of spots but I think that's better than the risk.
True, and now he has a broken hand to contend with. That's another rider out..Crazy season..
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
2/17/2018 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2018 8:18pm
this sucks.......

The Shop

burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
2/17/2018 8:42pm
Dang, I’ll bet that hurt. Barcia was doing good too, sucks
Kyle_McNab
2/17/2018 8:46pm
Always easy sayin hindsight. He did move to the left just a part of racing. Sucks forsure though
diz330
2/17/2018 8:47pm
tkimb wrote:
I always think in that situation, surely it must be better to just get off the track? First lap, front of the field and doubling a...
I thought exact same thing. Guess it happens too fast to make that decision
dmac1
2/17/2018 9:46pm Edited Date/Time 2/17/2018 9:47pm
I believe its more than just broken hand (metacarpals). I think broken wrist and/or arm and lacerations too. Look at seam of jersey in this pic for blood and shape of his arm. Sucks for sure...he was doing so good. I had him picked high tonight. Hoping he can be 100% for outdoors, but does he have a ride?

hamncheeze
2/17/2018 11:09pm
I hope this is just a simple fracture as indicated. It's obvious that Roczen's hand was much worse than initially advertised last Monday morning. We need a healthy field and guys going for the W.
2/17/2018 11:36pm
tkimb wrote:
Yeah for sure.. this wasn’t a triple out of a flat corner that sometimes riders can’t get on the first lap. Everyone was committed on that sequence of jumps, He was the only one that missed it all night.
He looked behind, he should of exited off the left.. it was a massive risk to roll the 3rd.
This sets up Barcia to go back down that path of lost momentum and confidence, it’s really disappointing and a blow for the series.. seeley 2nd in points and only had 1 podium.
There are no contenders to get in between Tomac or Musquin if they were to make a run at title. Anderson can easily top 5 the rest of season and take the wins/podiums when they are there.. (Tomac needs to gain 7 points a round, Musquin 4 points I think over 10 rounds) very very unlikely.
dmac1
2/17/2018 11:49pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I hope this is just a simple fracture as indicated. It's obvious that Roczen's hand was much worse than initially advertised last Monday morning. We need...
I hope this is just a simple fracture as indicated. It's obvious that Roczen's hand was much worse than initially advertised last Monday morning. We need a healthy field and guys going for the W.
I don't think that will be the case. I think broken wrist is likely along with likely broken arm and metacarpal bones (hand) too. Fractured wrists often involve torn ligaments. Those little ligaments hold the carpal bones in place and can be problematic.

For me, a torn wrist ligament was a 3 month deal. There are about 10 weeks left in the season. I think its highly likely that his SX this season is over and so is KR's. If they are riding near the end of the SX season, I'd think it would solely be to prep for outdoors.
ledger
2/18/2018 2:15am
I wish this shit would stop, seems about every other race someone is out for the season....Bogle, Roczen, Barcia, am I missing anyone ?
2/18/2018 2:33am
So bummed on this. Both for Barcia of which I'm a fan of but also for the series.

Seely i now second and sorry but we all know Seely will never beat Anderson ever.
djc
2/18/2018 5:36am
Shit sucks. He has been doing great and even though Anderson had a decent points lead I was not counting Justin out yet
ledger
2/18/2018 6:04am
These injuries are huge set-backs for Barcia and Roczen, they post how they'll come back better and stronger but truth is that both have considered hanging up the boots during their down time. Damn, this sport is getting meaner every year !!
AZRider
2/18/2018 6:05am
I'm bummed he is out, he was riding great, but you have to admit that it was no ones fault but his. I was wondering how long until he imploded. These guys rarely change their M.O. after a few years in the class. He was looking really good, and I hope he can get back quickly.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3811th
2/18/2018 6:07am
dmac1 wrote:
I don't think that will be the case. I think broken wrist is likely along with likely broken arm and metacarpal bones (hand) too. Fractured wrists...
I don't think that will be the case. I think broken wrist is likely along with likely broken arm and metacarpal bones (hand) too. Fractured wrists often involve torn ligaments. Those little ligaments hold the carpal bones in place and can be problematic.

For me, a torn wrist ligament was a 3 month deal. There are about 10 weeks left in the season. I think its highly likely that his SX this season is over and so is KR's. If they are riding near the end of the SX season, I'd think it would solely be to prep for outdoors.
Thoughts on the recent update? Jumped to conclusions much?
mxpro252
2/18/2018 7:37am
ledger wrote:
I wish this shit would stop, seems about every other race someone is out for the season....Bogle, Roczen, Barcia, am I missing anyone ?
After seeing most of the top guys get injured during the majority of the recent seasons, you have to wonder why guys don't back it down and start playing it safe. Dungey successfully did it but lots of guys seem to still be riding like they need to win or podium every race to win the championship.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
2/18/2018 7:55am
ledger wrote:
mxpro252 wrote:
After seeing most of the top guys get injured during the majority of the recent seasons, you have to wonder why guys don't back it down...
After seeing most of the top guys get injured during the majority of the recent seasons, you have to wonder why guys don't back it down and start playing it safe. Dungey successfully did it but lots of guys seem to still be riding like they need to win or podium every race to win the championship.
Because then all the keyboard warriors would put an * by their tittles and claim "well he never beat so and so straight up"
JustMX
2/18/2018 8:03am
I hate it just because he was doing so well, seems to have such a good attitude, and was looking to be the only one left to give anderson a run and keep it from being a snooze fest.

I was excited to see him jump out front, but damn, it sure looked like a brain fart to just blitz that section and never even think about the triple at end until it was too late.
dmac1
2/18/2018 8:26am Edited Date/Time 2/18/2018 8:43am
Thoughts on the recent update? Jumped to conclusions much?
Didn't jump to conclusion. Some was surmised from the look of his hand and arm, was based on info rcd.

Tis great if its as simple as his insta implies!

But think about it "Luckily it was just my hand" For sure! After watching Bogle last week and remembering Canard a few years ago...and with EVERYONE right on his tail.
Mia
2/18/2018 8:41am
Freise’s bike whip into Bowers mid air didn’t help Barcia’s chances either Tyler couldn’t get any further right. Lucky it wasn’t worse than it was for everybody involved.
dmac1
2/18/2018 8:44am
Mia wrote:
Freise’s bike whip into Bowers mid air didn’t help Barcia’s chances either Tyler couldn’t get any further right. Lucky it wasn’t worse than it was for...
Freise’s bike whip into Bowers mid air didn’t help Barcia’s chances either Tyler couldn’t get any further right. Lucky it wasn’t worse than it was for everybody involved.
Spot on! Firese limited how far Bowers could try to go.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
2/18/2018 8:49am
Anybody notice that Cooper Webb puts in his first decent ride after Kenny and barcia exit the series? Would suggest a fragile ego.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
2/18/2018 8:50am
dmac1 wrote:
I believe its more than just broken hand (metacarpals). I think broken wrist and/or arm and lacerations too. Look at seam of jersey in this pic...
I believe its more than just broken hand (metacarpals). I think broken wrist and/or arm and lacerations too. Look at seam of jersey in this pic for blood and shape of his arm. Sucks for sure...he was doing so good. I had him picked high tonight. Hoping he can be 100% for outdoors, but does he have a ride?

Barcia is signed on for the rest of 2018. It was going to happen no matter if Millsaps retired or not. He was riding great. A hell of a lot better than the past couple of years.
akillerwombat
2/18/2018 8:51am
Anybody notice that Cooper Webb puts in his first decent ride after Kenny and barcia exit the series? Would suggest a fragile ego.
Or maybe, just maybe, he's starting to figure shit out like nearly every other rider that went from 250s to 450s and didn't dominate straight out of the gate.

Post a reply to: Barcia ..out

The Latest